remember that bridge that collapsed

mlurp

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 01:08 am
Minnesota DOT defends picking most expensive bidder to replace collapsed bridge. hummm just fix the darn bridge, now!

CJOnline News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 921 • Replies: 3
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 07:17 am
@mlurp,
Interesting, it's like affirmative action at work in the construction sector. They picked the most qualified to do the task, and people are crying about it, lol. Wouldn't want the right guy doing the job, when you can get inferior work for half the price.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 02:24 pm
@mlurp,
Just like affirmative action? WTF you mean exactly the opposite of affirmative action.

Affirmative action makes me hire someone LESS qualified because they are other than white.

Do not quote the script and tell me I am wrong. Even communism looks good on paper.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:28 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;40147 wrote:
Just like affirmative action? WTF you mean exactly the opposite of affirmative action.

Affirmative action makes me hire someone LESS qualified because they are other than white.

Do not quote the script and tell me I am wrong. Even communism looks good on paper.

"At nearly $234 million, the winning bid from Flatiron and Manson Construction was the most expensive and tied for the longest estimated time to completion, 437 days, but it's technical score outranked the others."

"What MnDOT has done is made an award to the highest cost and the longest time," Thomson said. "That's completely contrary to its stated goal of cost and time, which to the protesters is the definition of arbitrary and capricious."

You're wrong :p If you'll read what I said...

"They picked the most qualified to do the task, and people are crying about it"

You know, kind of like when a well educated white kid gets a place in a college, and a lesser educated minority whines about it.
0 Replies