How much will it cost you to heat your home this winter?

wvpeach

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:48 am
How much does everybody expect to pay to heat their homes this winter?
With record oil prices at $82 a barrel and expected to rise. And Natural gas at all time high's. There is no doubt unless we have a very mild winter that heating costs will be at record highs this year. ( pray for a little global warming? LOL)

And don't forget everything is going to get hit with a fuel surcharge this year. It takes energy to make bread and pasteurize milk. Semi's run on diesel to take everything to the stores. I am predicting $2.60 a loaf bread where I live and $3.80 a gallon milk. ( time will tell if I am right)

Fuel prices will hit all segments of the economy this winter. Middle income people will feel the fuel crunch and have less to spend on Christmas gifts causing the retail sector to whine around the holidays.

How much do you all expect to spend to heat your homes this winter?

I have three heat sources in my home. I think I will spend the winter feeding my Four Dog Wood Stove when I am home. So I don't expect my heating costs to rise. I just know I will be paying more for staples.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,108 • Replies: 11
No top replies

mlurp

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:11 am
@wvpeach,
I heard on the news that stores of natural gas is bing held just for this. But I am sure the profit will change the plan somehow. Buy at $65.00 a barrel and sell it at the same price while the new price is above that. Greed will win! After all that is business as usual in the land of plenty.
wvpeach

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 11:17 am
@mlurp,
Natural gas is what the bio fuel refineries are being run on. They are fueling making bio fuels with plants fired by natural gas. And natural gas is used for plastics , cosmetics and many other things. Look for it to go sky high this winter. Not as high as oil but still high.
mlurp

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 01:12 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39723 wrote:
Natural gas is what the bio fuel refineries are being run on. They are fueling making bio fuels with plants fired by natural gas. And natural gas is used for plastics , cosmetics and many other things. Look for it to go sky high this winter. Not as high as oil but still high.

wvpeach, I think everything will go up. Big Business runs America. So the bottom line is profit. But we will pay it and some of us might even lower the thermostat a bit. That is about all we have a choice in this matter. Thats why I say change the way government is run and maybe someof this wouldn't be so hard on the population of the average money earner. I agree with you onthis. But add the fact all other items you use or need will rise to.
wvpeach

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:09 am
@mlurp,
I am predicting a major recession starting about Christmas time.

We are easing into it now and inflation on staples is already here.

This thread is my way of warning people its coming.

And this is going to be a recession like no other in history. Because we do not have the economic basics we once did to come back out of it. It will be interesting.

I have been looking into solar laminates for my metal roof. I think now is the time to spring for them.
mlurp

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 11:28 am
@wvpeach,
I would think keeping some cash on hand would be wiser. I am hoping that the house in Indiana closes soon. So I would have some on hand.
wvpeach

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 11:39 am
@mlurp,
history tells us that at extreme economic down turns cash is not all that valuable.

For instance it will not take too long for people to realize they would rather have some ammo, whiskey or coffee than some green paper that is worth next to nothing.

Seeds , tools , medicines all will be barter items and cash will be worth next to nothing. Some stupid people will still want money.

mlurp;39834 wrote:
I would think keeping some cash on hand would be wiser. I am hoping that the house in Indiana closes soon. So I would have some on hand.
mlurp

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 11:50 am
@wvpeach,
True but if it is all I have then it will do. Stock up on can goods, water and batteries. I don't plant or live in the same environment as you do. So with 160,000 people most of whom are city people the almighty dollar will work.
I already have the ammo and a start on water and can goods. But yes your right.
Back in 1999 getting ready for Y2 K, (I thought the timing was off for a biblical size upheaval) but still prepared for a month as I had family then. And my gas mask and other items are in Indiana, waiting on me moving the last items at the closing.
wvpeach

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 01:04 pm
@mlurp,
I wouldn't count on the dollar working for long.

About the time the last can of beans disappears from the grocery stores , people even stupid people will realize the green paper they have always thought so valuable is just that paper. Maybe they can burn it to stay warm.
mlurp

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:16 pm
@wvpeach,
looooooool OK I get it. But I haven't found the piece of land I am looking for. So green it stays as I (and all others) gamble trouble won't hit us just yet. If it does I might not need to worry. Ever say something like bomb, Bin Laden or some other 150 or so words to be picked up in calls or e-mail. Then one might be on a government list and one of the first things to happen is those on the list will be rounded up and held under the RICO law. Over the years me and a few other veterans I served with have shared things that might put us on the list. A word or two here and there. I have one buddy that writes his congressman because of his deferments from Viet-Nam. The guy isn't running again. He is a Republican from IL. Been in congress for over 10 years. Terry has it bad for elected officals who's sons/daughters don't serve.
He is anti war. I love this guy so I share with him. We go back 40 years and was in the same platoon. Same for several others. But I worry not, I have Jesus and my free will of choice.
But keep warning us, please
wvpeach

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 04:33 am
@mlurp,
God is well able to protect his own to if he chooses to do so. God will provide places that have been prepared by other people for his people to be safe if its in his plan that person lives awhile longer.

mlurp;39891 wrote:
looooooool OK I get it. But I haven't found the piece of land I am looking for. So green it stays as I (and all others) gamble trouble won't hit us just yet. If it does I might not need to worry. Ever say something like bonb, Bin Laden or some other 150 or so words to be picked up in calls or e-mail. Then one might be on a government list and one of the first things to happen is those on the list will be rounded up and held under the RICO law. Over the years me and a few other veterans I served with have shared things that might put us on the list. A word or two here and there. I have one buddy that writes his congressman because of his deferments from Viet-Nam. The guy isn't running again. He is a Republican from IL. Been in congress for over 10 years. Terry has it bad for elected officals who's sons/daughters don't serve.
He is anti war. I love this guy so I share with him. We go back 40 years and was in the same platoon. Same for several others. But I worry not, I have Jesus and my free will of choice.
But keep warning us, please
mlurp

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 12:57 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39901 wrote:
God is well able to protect his own to if he chooses to do so. God will provide places that have been prepared by other people for his people to be safe if its in his plan that person lives awhile longer.

Your hopeful and I thank you........... But going east again is but for the closing and it is west ward never to return back till I die and am transported back to be buried with my wife.... Maybe some one around here might be the same as you and your people. There are enough churches. lol
0 Replies