Christians Condone Pedophilia

SWORD of GOD

Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
NAS [Romans 1:21- 31]:
For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing to be wise, they became fools,

and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.

For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,

being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,

slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,

without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;

and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them
Silverchild79

Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:34 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
okay...

Child Rape is still wrong, even if you're Mohammad (prison be upon him)

;-)
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Sun 23 Dec, 2007 01:44 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
So Rev. Hanna had sexual urges. I have had them since I was 11 and didn't get married until I was 70. I have never been aggressive with women. I repect them. However, I did visit the legal houses in Nevada. That is what Rev. Hanna should have done. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
0 Replies

g-man

Sun 30 Dec, 2007 08:44 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;32751 wrote:
The Southern Baptists have been accused ignoring the sex predator pastor problem in its ranks; the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) has urged, in writing to as that the group to adopt a zero-tolerance policy on sex abuse.

I can see why its needed when you have an incident like this, where a church was warned about a convicted predator by another pastor, yet still put him in the pulpit.

A southwest suburban Southern Baptist congregation allowed a convicted child sex offender to preach for the last few years � despite his past, and a warning from his previous church that he might still be dangerous, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned.

In 1996, Jeff Hannah was sentenced to nine years in prison for having sexual relations with four underage girls � ages 15 to 17 � while a married youth minister at Crossroads Church in Libertyville.

��In our church, we believe in forgiveness,� said Del Kirkpatrick, one of the deacons who hired Hannah.

In talking to the Sun-Times last week, Hannah, 42, was unapologetic about his crimes, saying his first marriage had been troubled and he�d had �urges.�

URGES???

I've been in rocky relationships too but I NEVER wanted to molest children

You're a bunch of sick, twisted people.

Your condemnation of the people who allowed this predator to move on, untouched by the law or afflicted by vengence from the father of his victims is correct. But, the event is no way representative of common sense Christians.
0 Replies

g-man

Sun 30 Dec, 2007 09:12 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;42402 wrote:

and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them

Though evidence leans toward this particular congregation deciding upon forgiveness and blind faith (erroneously) it appears to me that you have used this incident to paint Christianity as approving of decadence. That is of course hogwash.
Allah and God of the old testament, gives not a hoot for lives on this earth. They care only for the faithful to themselves. Christians have chosen the path that is paved by Christ's sermon on the mount. That demands that we exercise forgiveness to our trespassers. As he forgave the very people who crucified him as he died. Allah on the other hand demands that we kill anyone who even differs from us in beliefs. Allowing no quarter for even free thought. God, in his agreement with Adam, condemned man to "freedom of choice". Sounds like a blessing, but was actually a curse. with freedom of choice came reaping of seeds sown. In essence, we make our choices and deal with God's judgment of those choices. Which is something Islam will be surprised at. 72 virgins my ass. Islam is the religion of morons.

Oh please respond. Looking forward to this. Or should I look over my shoulder, or at least around me to see who and how many innocent people will die with me for my insolence?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Sun 30 Dec, 2007 09:18 pm
@Red cv,
Red;32778 wrote:
I was raised Catholic, religion seems to be a great hiding place for the perverts and pigs. Any church that knows a person is a child abuser and allows a priest, padre or minister in the pulpit should be legally libel for the crimes these people commit also. I get urges also, to beat pedophiles with two by fours, unfortunately that's illegal.

Hey, Red.......clergymen caught doing that stuff represented less than one percent of the Catholic priesthood. We're a billion-strong. :dunno:
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:20 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Adult women do have some reponsibility to provide sexual compaionship to men. Girls under the age of 18 or 21 do not, and must be protected. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
Pinochet73

Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:36 am
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;42402 wrote:
NAS [Romans 1:21- 31]:
For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing to be wise, they became fools,

and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.

For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,

being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,

slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,

without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;

C'mon sword........I'm ready for you. I'm the guy on the far right.:swordfight::rocketwhore:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:37 am
@thomascrosthwaite,
thomascrosthwaite;49684 wrote:
Adult women do have some reponsibility to provide sexual compaionship to men. Girls under the age of 18 or 21 do not, and must be protected. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author

Thom, this sort of thinking is anti-Muslim, and hence, very politically incorrect. Are you sure you want to maintain that position?
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Tue 1 Jan, 2008 01:39 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Yes, Pinochet73 I do. I believe very strongly in the advancement of women. I dedicated my book, "I Thought I Would Never Make It Through The 4th Grade", to a then 22 year old woman, who was a Vanderbilt graduate student. She was my speech therapist. She not only impoved my speech but helped me emotionally as well. She is now the mother of four children and grandmother to eight. Pinochet, I worked for Muslims when I lived in Chicago, and was well treated. While they adhere to some of the old fashioned virtures there are no words in the English lanquage to discribe just how much I oppose their attitudes towards women. I think that they are as big of a threat to civilization as Hilter was. You are welcomr to visit my website at Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
socalgolfguy

Wed 2 Jan, 2008 03:15 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
This topic is absurd - I am only posting to show my disgust for the unbelievability of the statement.
Pinochet73

Fri 4 Jan, 2008 08:59 pm
@thomascrosthwaite,
thomascrosthwaite;49754 wrote:
Yes, Pinochet73 I do. I believe very strongly in the advancement of women. I dedicated my book, "I Thought I Would Never Make It Through The 4th Grade", to a then 22 year old woman, who was a Vanderbilt graduate student. She was my speech therapist. She not only impoved my speech but helped me emotionally as well. She is now the mother of four children and grandmother to eight. Pinochet, I worked for Muslims when I lived in Chicago, and was well treated. While they adhere to some of the old fashioned virtures there are no words in the English lanquage to discribe just how much I oppose their attitudes towards women. I think that they are as big of a threat to civilization as Hilter was. You are welcomr to visit my website at Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author

Good stuff, Thom. I agree. :thumbup:
0 Replies

Calabrese

Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:23 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33647 wrote:
Hear, hear! And you'll find a number of those claiming moral superiority, right here in this forum. I hope I'm there to watch when Christ spits them out, and into the fires of Hell. And they'll be dumbstruck, wondering where they went wrong.

Awesome! That is the same vindictive attitude of many Christians which makes me find organized religion laughable and hypocritical.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:47 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;32751 wrote:
The Southern Baptists have been accused ignoring the sex predator pastor problem in its ranks; the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) has urged, in writing to as that the group to adopt a zero-tolerance policy on sex abuse.

I can see why its needed when you have an incident like this, where a church was warned about a convicted predator by another pastor, yet still put him in the pulpit.

A southwest suburban Southern Baptist congregation allowed a convicted child sex offender to preach for the last few years � despite his past, and a warning from his previous church that he might still be dangerous, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned.

In 1996, Jeff Hannah was sentenced to nine years in prison for having sexual relations with four underage girls � ages 15 to 17 � while a married youth minister at Crossroads Church in Libertyville.

��In our church, we believe in forgiveness,� said Del Kirkpatrick, one of the deacons who hired Hannah.

In talking to the Sun-Times last week, Hannah, 42, was unapologetic about his crimes, saying his first marriage had been troubled and he�d had �urges.�

URGES???

I've been in rocky relationships too but I NEVER wanted to molest children

You're a bunch of sick, twisted people.

I'm a Catholic Christian, and no, I don't condone pedophilia.:no:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:48 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;49802 wrote:
This topic is absurd - I am only posting to show my disgust for the unbelievability of the statement.

Howdy, SoCal. How ya do'n?:thumbup:
0 Replies

JoshuaRay

Thu 28 Jul, 2022 03:45 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Islamic countries are stricter. Victims are more afraid to speak. It used to be the same way with Catholicism. Some parents would even tell their kids it didn’t happen. But they do marry off young girls, so evidently Islam does see children as sexual beings. As messed up as it is. So it’s every bit as likely that a closeted gay man in Islam takes out his aggression on young men knowing that they will be silenced both for fear of the pedo and society. Many would condemn the participant regardless of him not giving consent. Punishment and shame silence a lot of victims.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Thu 28 Jul, 2022 04:13 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
And... you don't have any urges?

I will gladly bet $5 that you do.

In the mean time, I do not condone pedophilia, but neither do I condemn people accused of it automatically. I had a friend who was a bit creepy like that, and another who was on a forum actively accused of flirting with someone 10 years younger (big smear campaign about that).

The atheist left is big into playing the shame game. But not so good at admitting they're only human (after all).

0 Replies