Christians Condone Pedophilia

Sat 25 Aug, 2007 08:54 am
The Southern Baptists have been accused ignoring the sex predator pastor problem in its ranks; the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) has urged, in writing to as that the group to adopt a zero-tolerance policy on sex abuse.

I can see why its needed when you have an incident like this, where a church was warned about a convicted predator by another pastor, yet still put him in the pulpit.

A southwest suburban Southern Baptist congregation allowed a convicted child sex offender to preach for the last few years � despite his past, and a warning from his previous church that he might still be dangerous, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned.

In 1996, Jeff Hannah was sentenced to nine years in prison for having sexual relations with four underage girls � ages 15 to 17 � while a married youth minister at Crossroads Church in Libertyville.

��In our church, we believe in forgiveness,� said Del Kirkpatrick, one of the deacons who hired Hannah.

In talking to the Sun-Times last week, Hannah, 42, was unapologetic about his crimes, saying his first marriage had been troubled and he�d had �urges.�

URGES???

I've been in rocky relationships too but I NEVER wanted to molest children

You're a bunch of sick, twisted people.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,309 • Replies: 76
Topic Closed
No top replies

Campbell34

Sat 25 Aug, 2007 10:21 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;32751 wrote:
The Southern Baptists have been accused ignoring the sex predator pastor problem in its ranks; the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) has urged, in writing to as that the group to adopt a zero-tolerance policy on sex abuse.

I can see why its needed when you have an incident like this, where a church was warned about a convicted predator by another pastor, yet still put him in the pulpit.

A southwest suburban Southern Baptist congregation allowed a convicted child sex offender to preach for the last few years � despite his past, and a warning from his previous church that he might still be dangerous, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned.

In 1996, Jeff Hannah was sentenced to nine years in prison for having sexual relations with four underage girls � ages 15 to 17 � while a married youth minister at Crossroads Church in Libertyville.

��In our church, we believe in forgiveness,� said Del Kirkpatrick, one of the deacons who hired Hannah.

In talking to the Sun-Times last week, Hannah, 42, was unapologetic about his crimes, saying his first marriage had been troubled and he�d had �urges.�

URGES???

I've been in rocky relationships too but I NEVER wanted to molest children

You're a bunch of sick, twisted people.

Well FedUp, this is perhaps the first time, and maybe the last time we are in agreement. I really can't believe this happened.
FedUpAmerican

Sat 25 Aug, 2007 12:23 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;32761 wrote:
Well FedUp, this is perhaps the first time, and maybe the last time we are in agreement. I really can't believe this happened.

That must mean hell is going to freeze over and the Cubs will win the world series.

Hope you are well my old nemesis.
0 Replies

Red cv

Sat 25 Aug, 2007 12:26 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I was raised Catholic, religion seems to be a great hiding place for the perverts and pigs. Any church that knows a person is a child abuser and allows a priest, padre or minister in the pulpit should be legally libel for the crimes these people commit also. I get urges also, to beat pedophiles with two by fours, unfortunately that's illegal.
mako cv

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 03:30 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Quote:
I get urges also, to beat pedophiles with two by fours, unfortunately that's illegal.

I love it....that is a great quote! Personally, I don't blame Christianity itself for this, it is the blind eye that some congregations turn towards such. I think Red has the right idea though! Let's all go with our urges and get some 2X4's :patriot:
0 Replies

westernmom

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 03:39 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUp,

There you go again lumping all Christians together instead of the one that committed the crime.

I was told as a young woman leader in my church that if I ever suspected abuse of any kind that I had 24 hours to report it to the authorities - meaning law enforcement - or I would also be held accountable.

Working for the school district they never told us anything like that. Now you can lump schools in with Christianity! There are many, many more stories of school teachers abusing children.

It must never be sanctioned or protected by anyone or anything. Harming a child is unforgivable.
FedUpAmerican

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 03:48 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33601 wrote:
FedUp,

There you go again lumping all Christians together instead of the one that committed the crime.

I was told as a young woman leader in my church that if I ever suspected abuse of any kind that I had 24 hours to report it to the authorities - meaning law enforcement - or I would also be held accountable.

Working for the school district they never told us anything like that. Now you can lump schools in with Christianity! There are many, many more stories of school teachers abusing children.

It must never be sanctioned or protected by anyone or anything. Harming a child is unforgivable.

This was one of my first posts here and I don't believe that my newer posts have that "lumping together" flavor any longer. I agree that all Christians are bad people. As I have stated before, I have many friends as well as family members that consider themselves Christian.

I HAVE experienced first hand the goodness that Christians can give during stroke rehab. They helped me learn to walk again in a very short period of time.

But, thinking about it, Christians lump themselves together also by claiming moral superiority. Or should I say SOME Christians.

Sorry. Old habits are hard to break and I appreciate your holding my feet to the fire on this issue.

I wish you well.
Silverchild79

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 03:53 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Pedophilia isn't a christian thing, it's a sick person thing which is prevalent at some level in nearly every mentoring program

do you have a link to support your story? These types of accusations/stories in debate threads generally live or die by supporting data, of which you have provided none...
westernmom

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:01 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I know that many of you don't believe in God but one thing about it, God loves children and I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes when they have to face him for abusing kids!

That will get them into that big dark scary hole before anything! (Or burning in hell - whatever you believe...)

I agree with Romney on the one strike law! No second chance for perverts!
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;33610 wrote:
Pedophilia isn't a christian thing, it's a sick person thing which is prevalent at some level in nearly every mentoring program

do you have a link to support your story? These types of accusations/stories in debate threads generally live or die by supporting data, of which you have provided none...

This is a copy of an article that I had published in The Chicago Reader. I can dig up the referrence's if you want.

Allow me to explain something.

Fed Up American is a character that I developed and "he" is author of over 100 articles that have published through various media sources. The character of Fed Up is quite controversial and over the top. THAT sells.

I have also created a character called "The Debtonator" which has been around for a couple of years. Google it if you want to know more about me. Here you can find my pic as well as my email addy and phone number. Give me a call sometime. Everyone does.

I realize Fed Up sometimes gets under peoples skin, but he does create discussion. Which promotes your advertisers and affiliates.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:28 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
so basically you're a gimmick?
westernmom

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:30 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Or basically I have been debating a cartoon. Now I feel stupid!
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 06:10 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33601 wrote:
FedUp,

Hypocrite. Didn't you just lump all gay people together as degenerates? And lacking in morality? So, "lumping" is reserved only for the likes of you?
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 06:13 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33605 wrote:
This was one of my first posts here and I don't believe that my newer posts have that "lumping together" flavor any longer. I agree that all Christians are bad people. As I have stated before, I have many friends as well as family members that consider themselves Christian.

I HAVE experienced first hand the goodness that Christians can give during stroke rehab. They helped me learn to walk again in a very short period of time.

But, thinking about it, Christians lump themselves together also by claiming moral superiority. Or should I say SOME Christians.

Sorry. Old habits are hard to break and I appreciate your holding my feet to the fire on this issue.

I wish you well.

Hear, hear! And you'll find a number of those claiming moral superiority, right here in this forum. I hope I'm there to watch when Christ spits them out, and into the fires of Hell. And they'll be dumbstruck, wondering where they went wrong.
FedUpAmerican

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:13 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;33627 wrote:
so basically you're a gimmick?

Nope. An entrepreneur.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:58 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33647 wrote:
Hear, hear! And you'll find a number of those claiming moral superiority, right here in this forum. I hope I'm there to watch when Christ spits them out, and into the fires of Hell. And they'll be dumbstruck, wondering where they went wrong.

Will you be watching from hi or low Aaron?
0 Replies

mako cv

Thu 30 Aug, 2007 09:05 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Quote:
I hope I'm there to watch when Christ spits them out, and into the fires of Hell

I likewise hope I am around when the Creator asks why you followed a religion that advocated infinite punishment for finite sins instead of following his loving gentle way! :patriot:
0 Replies

wvpeach

Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:43 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Fed up the title of this thread is something a biggot would say.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:57 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Maybe so. Maybe not. Thats up to individual interpretation.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:59 am
@FedUpAmerican,
it is also a stereotypical generalization