Partial Birth Abortion

tvsej

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 12:26 pm
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;31430 wrote:
I dont pretend to understand how the law can be so hypocritical on this issue.

It's legal to abort a human being in the womb, it's a woman's right after all to do as she pleases with her body right? regardless of the fetus's rights as a human being.

After all, the arguement is that the fetus is not a human being yet, therefore has no right to life. But if a mother and a fetus are slain by a drunk driver, slain by a murderous husband or other person, then the Murderer is charged with two homocides. One for the mother, one for the fetus. How can this be?
It is legal to abort, but illegal to kill the fetus?

So which is it? is the fetus a human being or not? The law says it is in one circumstance, but not in the other?

How assinine is it that the determining factor over whether it is a human life is the manner of it's death? Well if it die's this way it is a life, but if it is inconvienent for the mom then it's not a life.

Abortion is murder in all circumstances. You cannot have it both ways.

It is truely a slap in the face when you look at it this way. That is the twisted American justice system hard at work. Someone ends up losing either way. I agree with Red about 8wks no more, as for myself I would not do it.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 12:43 pm
@crackface mcgee,
IMO that's par for the course as to my observation? Up to eightweeks it's between a woman and her physician after that they cannot justify it not being human and would forbit the practice!
0 Replies

westernmom

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 02:04 pm
@crackface mcgee,
Having had a couple of miscarriages between 8 and 10 weeks I can tell you that maybe you wouldn't think of it as a baby but my emotions were already so tied up into having a baby that is was a heartbreaker for me.

Personal responsibility should take place before sex. If you don't want a kid then don't do things that cause them!

Having seen a 3-D photograph of my newest grandson a couple of months before he was born was really something. We could see all of his features. It is amazing what they can do these days. I think every mother that wants a partial birth abortion should have to have this photo's to look at for the rest of her life! Harsh? Yeah, but what she wants to do is inhumane.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:28 pm
@crackface mcgee,
Words of wisdom, ma.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:24 pm
@crackface mcgee,
I've seen too many lives wrecked by unwanted pregnancy. I've also seen what I consider predatory sexual behavior on the part of grossly irresponsible men. Blind, uncompromising adherence to pro-life doctrine can result in inhuman consequences. I realize my views are condemned by my own church.
0 Replies

westernmom

Tue 21 Aug, 2007 08:57 am
@crackface mcgee,
Pino,

An unwanted pregnancy can be a blessing to another persons life through adoption. It's the most unselfish gift a person can give.
0 Replies

Red cv

Tue 21 Aug, 2007 05:38 pm
@crackface mcgee,
With the morning after pill so readly available I don't understand why females wouldn't just use in as a precaution? I can only shake my head at those that have unprotected sex that aren't married. What do they think is going to happen?
Pinochet73

Tue 21 Aug, 2007 07:21 pm
@Red cv,
Red;32318 wrote:
With the morning after pill so readly available I don't understand why females wouldn't just use in as a precaution? I can only shake my head at those that have unprotected sex that aren't married. What do they think is going to happen?

It's always disturbing to see kids get PG. When students approach me and inform me they're PG, I feel great sadness. Of course I congratulate them, to be polite, but I feel sad. It happens regularly.:no:
0 Replies