Campbell34

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 09:38 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;35870 wrote:
Good.

Now if you can discard the idea that God would loose any of His children , then you would be thinking truth.
God is greedy and does not loose one of His.

Regards
DL

And what do you base this on outside of your own imagination?
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 09:50 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;35871 wrote:
Well, you totally ignored the fact of those who could not know Jesus.
They would not be pleased. Further Islam has Jesus in their Bible.

Speak to the lost millions?

Regards
DL

Yes Islam has Jesus in their Bible, and they have regulated Jesus to a good man and not much more. Yet those who are having the dreams of Jesus are telling us, that Jesus is not telling them to follow Islam, rather, Jesus is telling them to follow Him alone. Jesus tells us that if you seek Him you will find Him. Paul in the Bible was killing Christians thinking he was doing Gods will. He really wanted to serve God, yet Jesus found a way to open up his eyes. Jesus is finding ways to open up the eyes of Moslems that are seeking God today.
God is still working miracles, and the Bible tells us that in the last days great outpourings of Gods Spirit would be in evidence. What is happening today in the Moslem world is just the tip of the iceberg.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:51 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;35872 wrote:
I am glad that my limited understanding rejects talking snakes.
I see a difference from walking on water to walking on ice, so this line of reasoning is just plain dumb.
No one said anything about lies.
I have said that the Bible is the best road map to God and Jesus the best guide., But reading it literally is to believe in all kinds of supernatural stupidity and make it easier to accept concepts like;

Deut21-18
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

You like to read literally then this is OK with you is it?

Regards
DL

Back during the time of the Old Testament the law was in effect. It was not a time for the faint of heart. It is easy to judge the harshness of that law, yet back then familys did not have rehab to send their family members to. And I'm sure such actions by family members were a last resort. Today were considered more civilized, yet because we donot take the hard line on drunkenness, we as a nation accept here in America that every year 13,000 innocent people must die because of drunk drivers. And that is just one aspect of such a lifestyle. Now, is that death toll ok with you? Perhaps if you had lived back then and had a family member who was hurting others by his uncontroled actions, and often harming others in such a way that he became a threat to the well being of the innocent, this was the only way to protect the safety of others. With hospitals non existant, familys could not afford to be injured by the rantings of an out of control family member.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 06:22 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;35878 wrote:
TV

Isn't it glorious to know that one day you will see your father again and take that trip. Can't wait for that to happen for the two of you!:thumbup:

The bible tells us that God opens the understanding of those he will to understand the scriptures and closes some peoples mind and eyes to the truth of the bible as though looking through fish scales. This means that like King Soloman we should be in constant prayer for better understanding and knowledge about the bible. I pray for this understanding every time I open the bible to read. God will answer that prayer for those who seek him.

And

A big AND , keep in mind that man has picked and chosen the books of the bible. Many books are not in the Protestant bible that are in the catholic bible . Man has also mis translated parts of the bible to suit their agenda at the time. many sacred texts exist that are not in the main stream protestant bible.

The next question would then be how do we get the real truth about the bible, knowing that it has been mistranslated and that men have taken away from and added to it?

This is where prayer comes in and I can assure you that if you pray for understanding of God's word he will send the Holy Spirit to teach you and guide you to all truth. This is life long learning you embark on, but one that will make you very happy.

You make a Gnostic point in saying it is to each of us to decide right from wrong and not the association to a religious sect.

You wright that God closes the eyes of some. I would disagree.
Why would a good God do such a thing to one of His sons?
I recognize that evil must exist here with us but to have God himself do this evil would be wrong.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 06:33 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;35989 wrote:
Back during the time of the Old Testament the law was in effect. It was not a time for the faint of heart. It is easy to judge the harshness of that law, yet back then familys did not have rehab to send their family members to. And I'm sure such actions by family members were a last resort. Today were considered more civilized, yet because we donot take the hard line on drunkenness, we as a nation accept here in America that every year 13,000 innocent people must die because of drunk drivers. And that is just one aspect of such a lifestyle. Now, is that death toll ok with you? Perhaps if you had lived back then and had a family member who was hurting others by his uncontroled actions, and often harming others in such a way that he became a threat to the well being of the innocent, this was the only way to protect the safety of others. With hospitals non existant, familys could not afford to be injured by the rantings of an out of control family member.

God's law is everlasting and transcends time.
He does not change His laws for every epoch.
Even in those days, a father could just banish a son. He did not need to kill.
It is s greater evil, as you have pointed out in your reply, to kill than to be drunk.

The law I quoted could never have been instituted by a God.

I have said that the Bible contains both the Christ and the Antichrist.
I was hopping that you would recognize that the Antichrist would have writen this law and that you would have rejected it outright instead of trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Can you see Jesus picking up a stone to enforce such a law?
If we were living under those laws, would you deal with your son or daughter in such a way? Would you pick up that stone?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:52 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;35754 wrote:
Worse bit of advice I ever saw.
To read the Bible literally you have to believe in talking snakes on page 2.
There is no such thing.
If you see a God of exclusion this is of no surprise.
God is a God of inclusion. He must be if He is already master of the whole universe.

You are an idiot if you advocate that we should believe in talking snakes and fish that spit out people after three days. Believing that God would use genocide in a flood is also stupid.

Regards
DL

If the devil can talk through a person he can talk through a snake.

You limit the power of both Satan and Yahweh.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:00 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Greatest

Jesus died for you is right in this matter. Why would you even think God could not speak through a animal or cause that animal to speak?

I am interested to know?

JesusDiedForU;36628 wrote:

tvsej

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 12:40 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;35878 wrote:
TV

Isn't it glorious to know that one day you will see your father again and take that trip. Can't wait for that to happen for the two of you!:thumbup:

The bible tells us that God opens the understanding of those he will to understand the scriptures and closes some peoples mind and eyes to the truth of the bible as though looking through fish scales. This means that like King Soloman we should be in constant prayer for better understanding and knowledge about the bible. I pray for this understanding every time I open the bible to read. God will answer that prayer for those who seek him.

And

A big AND , keep in mind that man has picked and chosen the books of the bible. Many books are not in the Protestant bible that are in the catholic bible . Man has also mis translated parts of the bible to suit their agenda at the time. many sacred texts exist that are not in the main stream protestant bible.

The next question would then be how do we get the real truth about the bible, knowing that it has been mistranslated and that men have taken away from and added to it?

This is where prayer comes in and I can assure you that if you pray for understanding of God's word he will send the Holy Spirit to teach you and guide you to all truth. This is life long learning you embark on, but one that will make you very happy.

Thanks wvpeach, I am still confused and I have prayed many times in my life for the understanding I require, I have yet to receive any Holy Spirit to guide me and teach me, maybe I am not ready yet. I will continue to do as I do and wait for the knowledge to come with prayer. Everytime I have prayed, I always felt like it was rude of me to ask for anything, usually my prayers consisted of only thanks for what I have in my life. The few times I asked for something I did receive what I asked for, God or fate, I don't know, still confused. I hope someday to see the light and know what others feel. Thank you for the thumbs up about my dad.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 01:04 pm
@tvsej,
TV

When you open the book or seek to learn the truth pray each time. pray and ask for wisdom and knowledge of God's word ask him to send the Holy Spirit to teach you truth. I know this seems like a no brainer but its really not. People say they pray, but do they really? We must take the time to clear our minds and ask in the name of Christ for what is good and right for us to have. if every time you open the bible you pray this prayer , God will answer this prayer.

And know this the Holy Spirit cannot be strong in a person until that person has pushed out as much sin as possible. Through prayer God will take from us the bad things and replace them with good. But we have to want that and ask in prayer for that. That does not sound good either. But it simply means God knows what we value. Do we love family more than we want to know God? Do we harbor anger and ill feelings towards others? The Holy Spirit is in you TV. You must ask God to take from you whatever is wrong so that the Holy Spirit can become stronger in you and you will start to see the difference.

I know this all can sound crazy and like religious zeal to those that do not know God. I am used to people thinking I am a nut. But i can tell TV that God wants you to become his and to know him better. It takes a change in how we think and the habits we have formed . It takes a real yearning and a real searching and real prayer .

hope I made a little sense to you! :dunno:

tvsej;36651 wrote:
Thanks wvpeach, I am still confused and I have prayed many times in my life for the understanding I require, I have yet to receive any Holy Spirit to guide me and teach me, maybe I am not ready yet. I will continue to do as I do and wait for the knowledge to come with prayer. Everytime I have prayed, I always felt like it was rude of me to ask for anything, usually my prayers consisted of only thanks for what I have in my life. The few times I asked for something I did receive what I asked for, God or fate, I don't know, still confused. I hope someday to see the light and know what others feel. Thank you for the thumbs up about my dad.
tvsej

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 01:33 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;36658 wrote:
TV

When you open the book or seek to learn the truth pray each time. pray and ask for wisdom and knowledge of God's word ask him to send the Holy Spirit to teach you truth. I know this seems like a no brainer but its really not. People say they pray, but do they really? We must take the time to clear our minds and ask in the name of Christ for what is good and right for us to have. if every time you open the bible you pray this prayer , God will answer this prayer.

And know this the Holy Spirit cannot be strong in a person until that person has pushed out as much sin as possible. Through prayer God will take from us the bad things and replace them with good. But we have to want that and ask in prayer for that. That does not sound good either. But it simply means God knows what we value. Do we love family more than we want to know God? Do we harbor anger and ill feelings towards others? The Holy Spirit is in you TV. You must ask God to take from you whatever is wrong so that the Holy Spirit can become stronger in you and you will start to see the difference.

I know this all can sound crazy and like religious zeal to those that do not know God. I am used to people thinking I am a nut. But i can tell TV that God wants you to become his and to know him better. It takes a change in how we think and the habits we have formed . It takes a real yearning and a real searching and real prayer .

Yes, you make sense. No you don't sound or seem nutty to me. I do want understanding and knowledge and I do harbor anger and ill feelings toward others. That is true.
One thing about me is I have no fear of the truth, I make a conscience choice to be truthful with the people in my life. I really (wrong word) hate liars. Everything I have ever done wrong or bad I own it and have no fear saying "I did it or said it". I choose my way better today by not getting into a situation to lie about. Life experience gives us that foresight.
You have been helpful to me and I appreciate you taking the time to explain, I will try harder.
mlurp

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 01:58 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;36658 wrote:
TV

Doesn't sound crazy to me. I do the same thing. It works as I have read the Bible (as a child and young adult) to learn words. When I realized I made the choices in my life and He, had carried me a lot futher than I care to admit. I did as you pointed out. And now I see beyond the words.
I can't recall who posted what. But I read that The Lord, said, "Seek and ye shall find". Well to go along with that is, Ask and it will be given and Knock and the door is open to all who want to enter.
That could be the entire Bible. Because at the Great Judgement, everyone who thinks they have an excuse is shot down by this one statement from our Lord. Who wish is that, each not sit on the fence but be as my father is in heaven. Now Christ says this once. And knowing we all fall short of His, father. So why do you think He, made this statement?
mlurp

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 02:08 pm
@mlurp,
QUOTE: Why would a good God do such a thing to one of His sons? END QUOTE, We haven't all the answers that is why a believer has to have blind faith.
If you beieve in Christ, that is the first step. next is to become Born Again. And then follow the WAY. Not5 one of the 25,000 different religion sects.
If you have some doubts why not take them to the man Himself in prayer.
he opened my eyes and several others who have posted here. Why continue to show your lack of understanding on this matter.
Ask and ye shall find.
Seek and you will know.
Ask and it will be given unto you.
And I believe it is son in the singular.
The calmness and tranquility that comes from His closeness is overwelming. And another has stated this same thing. So try it yourself and in time you will have your answer if your heart is in the right place to start with.
No I am not judging you. just offering some sound advise as others have tried to do.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 02:25 pm
@tvsej,
And know this TV you are not alone. We as humans cannot over come our nature with out Gods help.

I am a good example of that. I could be a mean rotten bitch in my youth. Only through God and the Holy Spirit have I changed.

So work on girl, its worth it!:thumbup:

tvsej;36664 wrote:
Yes, you make sense. No you don't sound or seem nutty to me. I do want understanding and knowledge and I do harbor anger and ill feelings toward others. That is true.
One thing about me is I have no fear of the truth, I make a conscience choice to be truthful with the people in my life. I really (wrong word) hate liars. Everything I have ever done wrong or bad I own it and have no fear saying "I did it or said it". I choose my way better today by not getting into a situation to lie about. Life experience gives us that foresight.
You have been helpful to me and I appreciate you taking the time to explain, I will try harder.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:28 am
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;36628 wrote:

I limit no one. I just think that God has no need of imaginary friends.
We have feared Satan from day one and yet the King of the earth has yet to make an appearance.
Does this not tell you something?

Do you think it fair for God to allow a Satanic talking snake to go against an innocent Eve. Why do you thin God would allow such an unequal fight? Why would He punish Eve who would be bound to loose?
This would be worse than God fixing the fight.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:38 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;36631 wrote:
Greatest

Jesus died for you is right in this matter. Why would you even think God could not speak through a animal or cause that animal to speak?

I am interested to know?

God speaks directly to the minds of men. He has no need to find other novel, impossible ways to communicate.
If He had words for you, do you think He would wait till you were near an animal?
Too dumb for words.

When Jesus cast out demons, He was casting out bad notions and ideas. Not true Demons. If they were real then where did they go.

To believe in Satan means that we give God His first failure to produce Perfection in Heaven even before the earth was formed. Why then would we expect Him to produce Perfection anywhere else when He is already a **** up.

Perhaps He is only a **** up to those who believe in talking snakes.
They seem to be waiting for Him to return and fix what would not be broke if created by God. Paradoxes are not allowed.

If someone stood up today and claimed to have spoken with a talking snake we would certainly know what to label this poor fellow. That being the case, Why do some believe some ancient did.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:51 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;36670 wrote:
QUOTE: Why would a good God do such a thing to one of His sons? END QUOTE, We haven't all the answers that is why a believer has to have blind faith.
If you beieve in Christ, that is the first step. next is to become Born Again. And then follow the WAY. Not5 one of the 25,000 different religion sects.
If you have some doubts why not take them to the man Himself in prayer.
he opened my eyes and several others who have posted here. Why continue to show your lack of understanding on this matter.
Ask and ye shall find.
Seek and you will know.
Ask and it will be given unto you.
And I believe it is son in the singular.
The calmness and tranquility that comes from His closeness is overwelming. And another has stated this same thing. So try it yourself and in time you will have your answer if your heart is in the right place to start with.
No I am not judging you. just offering some sound advise as others have tried to do.

You certainly like the old worn out cliches that are meaningless don't you.

Blind faith. Whatever that means.
Born again. Whatever that means.
The one path. Something God would never initiate.

You probably believe that Jesus is the only way.

What hogwash.

God is a God of inclusion not exclusion the way you make Him.

Your kind of advise stifles real searching and does more harm than good. Typical fundamentalist crap.

God judges what we do not what we call God.
Give your head a shake and look again for the first time.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:56 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;36675 wrote:
And know this TV you are not alone. We as humans cannot over come our nature with out Gods help.

I am a good example of that. I could be a mean rotten *** in my youth. Only through God and the Holy Spirit have I changed.

So work on girl, its worth it!:thumbup:

God creates Perfect souls and Perfect natures.
Why would anyone fight their own nature. It is a gift from God Himself.

Our best bet for salvation is to follow our God given natures to wherever they lead. This is why God gave it to us in the first place.
Follow your bliss right to Heaven. There is no need for a senseless struggle to fit yourself into someone else's box.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 07:54 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;36764 wrote:
We have feared Satan from day one and yet the King of the earth has yet to make an appearance.

Do you think it fair for God to allow a Satanic talking snake to go against an innocent Eve. Why do you thin God would allow such an unequal fight? Why would He punish Eve who would be bound to loose?

Regards
DL

There was a death pill and a life pill. Eve chose the death pill.

It was a choice. God allows us to make choices... right?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 08:02 am
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;36778 wrote:
There was a death pill and a life pill. Eve chose the death pill.

It was a choice. God allows us to make choices... right?

In most things yes.
In choosing not to go to Heaven, no
Hell, if it existed is not an option. We cannot escape our Heavenly destiny.

Regards
DL
wvpeach

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 08:27 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Well Greatest

I have not run into Satan the king of this world ,( Thank God) but I have run into a couple of demons. I know its hard to believe , but I am not crazy and they were in people. I believe God revealed them to me to warn me what I was dealing with.

Greatest I am;36764 wrote:

Regards
DL