• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,235 • Replies: 76
No top replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:40 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;29966 wrote:

Heaven to me is seeing my dad again and going fishing with him. We were fishing buddies, very close me and my dad. Being together with our family members who have already passed on is what I hope it will be, I have missed him now for 23yrs. I was a child of 14 when he passed. It has been very hard to find my way without him to guide me. I have issues about what "GOD" is... don't know what to think really.:beat:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:53 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;29968 wrote:
Heaven to me is seeing my dad again and going fishing with him. We were fishing buddies, very close me and my dad. Being together with our family members who have already passed on is what I hope it will be, I have missed him now for 23yrs. I was a child of 14 when he passed. It has been very hard to find my way without him to guide me. I have issues about what "GOD" is... don't know what to think really.:beat:

Without more facts let me say that the Bible is the best road map to God.
Read it with the mindset of Jesus and your on the right path. Do not read it literally. If you do you will get lost.

The Bible contains both the Christ and the Antichrist. It is to you to dither out who is speaking. It is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Remember though that other Bibles lead to God as well.
He is a universalist. We all get to Heaven regardless of religion or faith.

Regards
DL
tvsej

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 08:33 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;29969 wrote:
Without more facts let me say that the Bible is the best road map to God.
Read it with the mindset of Jesus and your on the right path. Do not read it literally. If you do you will get lost.

The Bible contains both the Christ and the Antichrist. It is to you to dither out who is speaking. It is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Remember though that other Bibles lead to God as well.
He is a universalist. We all get to Heaven regardless of religion or faith.

Regards
DL

I have a comment about the Bible for the Question "How many sons does God have"? There you can see my confusion about the Bible as well. I have never felt comfortable in a church ever my entire life, I feel like everyone around me is totally nuts, crying, screaming (in some churches) speaking in tongues (WHAT!) and much more.
I have attempted to find what others say they have found there but I just don't get it. I do what I always have done I have my own relationship with , for lack of a better understanding "GOD" on my own. I live my life clean and honest, I am always doing what I say and saying what I mean, I gaurd against being a liar or people around who are. I help my neighbors, family and friends when I can. I do not induce myself with perscription behavioral drugs or street drugs. I am what I am!:peace:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 12:29 pm
@tvsej,
tvsej;29977 wrote:
I have a comment about the Bible for the Question "How many sons does God have"? There you can see my confusion about the Bible as well. I have never felt comfortable in a church ever my entire life, I feel like everyone around me is totally nuts, crying, screaming (in some churches) speaking in tongues (WHAT!) and much more.
I have attempted to find what others say they have found there but I just don't get it. I do what I always have done I have my own relationship with , for lack of a better understanding "GOD" on my own. I live my life clean and honest, I am always doing what I say and saying what I mean, I gaurd against being a liar or people around who are. I help my neighbors, family and friends when I can. I do not induce myself with perscription behavioral drugs or street drugs. I am what I am!:peace:

Keep up the good work.
The spiritual side of your nature is taken care of.
Do not equate spirituality with churches and try to see the extremist parts of religion. Do not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Churches had a more important function at one time. In some areas they still have this stature. They are not a necessity for all.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 12:32 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;30025 wrote:
Keep up the good work.
Do not equate spirituality with churches and try to see the extremist parts of religion. Do not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Churches had a more important function at one time. In some areas they still have this stature. They are not a necessity for all.

Regards
DL
tvsej

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 04:57 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;30026 wrote:
Greatest I am;30025 wrote:
Keep up the good work.

Regards
DL

Thanks DL. I will work on myself as I go, all one can do is realize the bigger picture. T.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:50 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;29968 wrote:

As a Christian I would say if you read the Bible at all it must be literally. If you cannot read the Bible that way, then you should throw the Book away and make up your own Bible. Because the Bible tells us that we need to follow Christ alone. Those who tell you all religions lead to God are LIARS. The Bible tells us there is no other name under heaven given unto men to be saved but the man Christ Jesus. That is why some will tell you not to read the Bible literally. The fact is, Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies of the Old Testament literally. God has created a place of perfect peace and love for those who follow Him and love Him, this is not a place that all the murders of the world will be found. It is a place for those who love God and His Words of truth. God sent His Son to the World to die for the sins of the world, and the Bible tells us those who follow Him and believe in Him will be with Him at the end of time. Heaven is not a blank check, it is only for those who trust and BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ.
(John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave us His only Son that whosoever BELIEVES in Him will have eternal life.) At no time does the Bible tells us every body goes to heaven, and that is why some here will tell you not to believe the Bible literally.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 08:05 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;29977 wrote:

Trying to be a good person is a fine thing, yet the Bible tells us that Good works cannot earn us salvation. That's why Jesus tells us unless a man is born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God. Everyone according to the Scriptures needs a rebirth in their life to enter heaven. Heaven is a perfect place that requires that we enter it as perfect people without sin. Now I don't know about you, but I'm far from perfect. And if I had to depend on my goodness to enter heaven, well forget it, I would not be going there. Yet that is the point of Christ dieing on the cross, according to the Bible those who give their lives to Him have a covering for their sins, all of them. And if you truly love God your life will reflect it by trying to live it as He would have us live.
I am the resserection and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me. Quote by (Jesus Christ)
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 12:04 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;35627 wrote:
As a Christian I would say if you read the Bible at all it must be literally. If you cannot read the Bible that way, then you should throw the Book away and make up your own Bible. Because the Bible tells us that we need to follow Christ alone. Those who tell you all religions lead to God are LIARS. The Bible tells us there is no other name under heaven given unto men to be saved but the man Christ Jesus. That is why some will tell you not to read the Bible literally. The fact is, Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies of the Old Testament literally. God has created a place of perfect peace and love for those who follow Him and love Him, this is not a place that all the murders of the world will be found. It is a place for those who love God and His Words of truth. God sent His Son to the World to die for the sins of the world, and the Bible tells us those who follow Him and believe in Him will be with Him at the end of time. Heaven is not a blank check, it is only for those who trust and BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ.
(John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave us His only Son that whosoever BELIEVES in Him will have eternal life.) At no time does the Bible tells us every body goes to heaven, and that is why some here will tell you not to believe the Bible literally.

Worse bit of advice I ever saw.
To read the Bible literally you have to believe in talking snakes on page 2.
There is no such thing.
If you see a God of exclusion this is of no surprise.
God is a God of inclusion. He must be if He is already master of the whole universe.

You are an idiot if you advocate that we should believe in talking snakes and fish that spit out people after three days. Believing that God would use genocide in a flood is also stupid.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 12:07 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;35629 wrote:
Trying to be a good person is a fine thing, yet the Bible tells us that Good works cannot earn us salvation. That's why Jesus tells us unless a man is born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God. Everyone according to the Scriptures needs a rebirth in their life to enter heaven. Heaven is a perfect place that requires that we enter it as perfect people without sin. Now I don't know about you, but I'm far from perfect. And if I had to depend on my goodness to enter heaven, well forget it, I would not be going there. Yet that is the point of Christ dieing on the cross, according to the Bible those who give their lives to Him have a covering for their sins, all of them. And if you truly love God your life will reflect it by trying to live it as He would have us live.
I am the resserection and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me. Quote by (Jesus Christ)

Except that to believe this then we disqualify millions who had not heard of Jesus.
Do you just say F U to those souls.

Regards
DL
tvsej

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 12:26 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;35760 wrote:
Except that to believe this then we disqualify millions who had not heard of Jesus.

Regards
DL

Not to mention Jona(spell) survived after being swallowed by a whale.
I am still not clear on anything about the Bible or religion on a personal level but I find cams... advice wishy washy and not Christian like from what I know.
All people are Gods children, even the lost ones. Yes, I do believe that living my life in a "Christian" way will help me in the end but I live this way because it is right morally not because I want to earn passage, passage to what I ask... remember, I am confused. Being lost is not a sin. I do alot for others and make a point to try to be always doing what is expected of me as a wife, mother, and citizen to make sure the people I am responsible for around me are also good moral individuals. Anyone can see from some of my post that I have alot of flaws and I may sometimes be predgidous(spell) and even unexcepting of some people, that makes me human and God, God. To tell you the truth I am not worried about what awaits me, I am at peace with that.
klyph

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 01:32 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
I think it's possible that heaven and hell are right here on earth with us. I think it's possible to live you life in a "heaven state" when all is well and you are being blessed. I also believe that through selfish decisions, one can be in a "hell state" where there life is a miserable mess. What happens after we die, I have no idea.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:43 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;35760 wrote:

Regards
DL

There are many Moslems today who have not heard of Jesus because they are not allowed to hear the Gospel in their Islamic country, yet now we are hearing of countless reports of Jesus appearing to them in their dreams and telling them to follow Him. It is the same spirit of disbelief that denies these reports, yet there are so many now, it is hard to dismiss them as all lies. Do you just say F U to the truth.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:57 pm
@klyph,
klyph;35780 wrote:
I think it's possible that heaven and hell are right here on earth with us. I think it's possible to live you life in a "heaven state" when all is well and you are being blessed. I also believe that through selfish decisions, one can be in a "hell state" where there life is a miserable mess. What happens after we die, I have no idea.

Some years ago I ask the Lord if I could see a little bit of heaven. I believe a number of months passed and one day in a dream God did just that. As I entered a room there were all these people, and in the center of the room was a woman singing praises to God. I was then approached by all that were present in that room. You knew right away every one their totally loved you, and what we all had in common was our love for Christ. I then entered another room and there were all these white coffins, yet they were empty and standing next to those coffins were people filled with Gods love, they sang praises to the Lord and the words of the music was so beautyful and powerful that the words would go right through your body. I found myself walking down the most beautyful hall way and there was this older gentleman walking next to me, I turned to him and told him I wanted to see more. He laughted and then said of course you do, of course you do. I then woke up and felt really bad that I had to leave. Yet I know God answered my prayer and I'm looking forward to going back to that place. In all my life, I have never felt such a place of love as I felt there. The Bible is telling us the truth.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 08:48 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;35754 wrote:
Worse bit of advice I ever saw.
To read the Bible literally you have to believe in talking snakes on page 2.
There is no such thing.
If you see a God of exclusion this is of no surprise.
God is a God of inclusion. He must be if He is already master of the whole universe.

You are an idiot if you advocate that we should believe in talking snakes and fish that spit out people after three days. Believing that God would use genocide in a flood is also stupid.

Regards
DL

And yet if we believe your advice, you have to believe that the Bible is a Book of lies and make believe stories. There are many things we humans don't understand, and just because you never saw a talking snake does not mean they don't, or could not exist. Years ago people in the southern climates could not believe that people in the northern cliamates could walk on water, and if you tried to tell them up north you could, they would of thought the one telling the story was also an idiot. Many in southern climates did not know what ice was. Tell me, how far do we have to go up before we stop at a brick wall? Where does the universe end? No one knows. And to limit yourself by saying it could not be only reflects your limited understanding
or Gods ability. God used genocide because the people of that day were nolonger fully human, and if you know the story of the flood you would understand that. Yet if you want to dismiss the Bible it might be better for you to hold to your version. Even if it's not a truthful version of that story.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 05:59 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;35769 wrote:
Not to mention Jona(spell) survived after being swallowed by a whale.
I am still not clear on anything about the Bible or religion on a personal level but I find cams... advice wishy washy and not Christian like from what I know.
All people are Gods children, even the lost ones. Yes, I do believe that living my life in a "Christian" way will help me in the end but I live this way because it is right morally not because I want to earn passage, passage to what I ask... remember, I am confused. Being lost is not a sin. I do alot for others and make a point to try to be always doing what is expected of me as a wife, mother, and citizen to make sure the people I am responsible for around me are also good moral individuals. Anyone can see from some of my post that I have alot of flaws and I may sometimes be predgidous(spell) and even unexcepting of some people, that makes me human and God, God. To tell you the truth I am not worried about what awaits me, I am at peace with that.

Good.

Now if you can discard the idea that God would loose any of His children , then you would be thinking truth.
God is greedy and does not loose one of His.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 06:02 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;35829 wrote:
There are many Moslems today who have not heard of Jesus because they are not allowed to hear the Gospel in their Islamic country, yet now we are hearing of countless reports of Jesus appearing to them in their dreams and telling them to follow Him. It is the same spirit of disbelief that denies these reports, yet there are so many now, it is hard to dismiss them as all lies. Do you just say F U to the truth.

Well, you totally ignored the fact of those who could not know Jesus.
They would not be pleased. Further Islam has Jesus in their Bible.

Speak to the lost millions?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 06:09 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;35834 wrote:
And yet if we believe your advice, you have to believe that the Bible is a Book of lies and make believe stories. There are many things we humans don't understand, and just because you never saw a talking snake does not mean they don't, or could not exist. Years ago people in the southern climates could not believe that people in the northern cliamates could walk on water, and if you tried to tell them up north you could, they would of thought the one telling the story was also an idiot. Many in southern climates did not know what ice was. Tell me, how far do we have to go up before we stop at a brick wall? Where does the universe end? No one knows. And to limit yourself by saying it could not be only reflects your limited understanding
or Gods ability. God used genocide because the people of that day were nolonger fully human, and if you know the story of the flood you would understand that. Yet if you want to dismiss the Bible it might be better for you to hold to your version. Even if it's not a truthful version of that story.

I am glad that my limited understanding rejects talking snakes.
I see a difference from walking on water to walking on ice, so this line of reasoning is just plain dumb.
No one said anything about lies.
I have said that the Bible is the best road map to God and Jesus the best guide., But reading it literally is to believe in all kinds of supernatural stupidity and make it easier to accept concepts like;

Deut21-18
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

You like to read literally then this is OK with you is it?

Regards
DL
wvpeach

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 07:20 am
@Greatest I am cv,
TV

Isn't it glorious to know that one day you will see your father again and take that trip. Can't wait for that to happen for the two of you!:thumbup:

The bible tells us that God opens the understanding of those he will to understand the scriptures and closes some peoples mind and eyes to the truth of the bible as though looking through fish scales. This means that like King Soloman we should be in constant prayer for better understanding and knowledge about the bible. I pray for this understanding every time I open the bible to read. God will answer that prayer for those who seek him.

And

A big AND , keep in mind that man has picked and chosen the books of the bible. Many books are not in the Protestant bible that are in the catholic bible . Man has also mis translated parts of the bible to suit their agenda at the time. many sacred texts exist that are not in the main stream protestant bible.

The next question would then be how do we get the real truth about the bible, knowing that it has been mistranslated and that men have taken away from and added to it?

This is where prayer comes in and I can assure you that if you pray for understanding of God's word he will send the Holy Spirit to teach you and guide you to all truth. This is life long learning you embark on, but one that will make you very happy.