Evolution Vs. Intelligent Design

imuthis

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 08:34 am
Obviously we're not child here. Every one in this forum knows about this topic. I just want to know others think about this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,964 • Replies: 84
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 08:40 am
@imuthis,
I do not believe there is any living thing on this planet that was not intelligently designed. Everything man made is intelligently designed i see no reason to believe we are designed otherwise. From one sperm and one egg we have humanity. Alot of information heah?
0 Replies

imuthis

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:11 am
@imuthis,
I think no one here will ever seriously believe evolution.:cool:
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:13 am
@imuthis,
I don't see why the two cannot co exist.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:27 am
@imuthis,
imuthis;18223 wrote:
I think no one here will ever seriously believe evolution.:cool:

Lol, yea, because creationism makes sense lol. only if you believe in fairy tales.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:43 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18224 wrote:
I don't see why the two cannot co exist.

word

Evolution is very real, we don't understand it yet but we know more now then we did 100 years ago. Evolution is nothing more then a tool used by intelligent design. There is to much order and not enough chaos in the natural world to suggest otherwise.

I do not believe the common young earth christian "theory" (which is little more then a misinformation campaign by fundamentalists) that earth is 6000 years old and Adam and Eve used to ride vegetarian Dino's in the Garden of Eden. I mean come on, this is as far out there as anything Islam puts out.

But still creation is the only explanation, even science knows that you cannot create something from nothing
Dmizer

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:51 am
@imuthis,
imuthis wrote:
"I think no one here will ever seriously believe evolution."

This statement was meant to be sarcastic right?

I think Drnaline comment is actually closer to what most people believe. There is definitely intelligence in the living fabric of this world. There is also irrefutable facts that science bases it theories upon. To believe that the earth is only 6,000 yrs old? That is like claiming that the earth is flat. As time goes on I believe that new theories will intertwine the two theories into a more cohesive believable theory. Life evolves based upon an intelligent design.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:29 pm
@imuthis,
The old arguments still do not answer the 2 most fundamental questions ever - when did time begin and where does space end..? Whether fundamentalist or atheist, riddle me that.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:48 pm
@imuthis,
I was contimplating the Big Bang theory a while ago and it hit me

does anybody know how a Black Hole works? What if a Big Bang was the product of a dying Black Hole? That would put the universe as we know it in a constant state of death and rebirth, which matches everything we know about natural law.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:14 pm
@imuthis,
OK but, when did the first black hole appear? It still does not answer the question of when time began...
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:36 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;18253 wrote:
OK but, when did the first black hole appear? It still does not answer the question of when time began...

The answer to that question is much bigger than an interent board. I don't think humans have the mind to comprehend it, hence things like religions that try to explain away what we do not understand. Once a friend told me to try an invision no color, no black, no white, no grey, just nothingness, it isn't something you can do.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:38 pm
@imuthis,
but there is no color, only a variance in light reflection. good way to relate it
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;18260 wrote:
but there is no color, only a variance in light reflection. good way to relate it

Well yea, but that isn't what I am trying to get across. No light, no dark, just non-existance.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:44 pm
@imuthis,
Evolution and intelligent design can coexist, why not?

Quote:
does anybody know how a Black Hole works? What if a Big Bang was the product of a dying Black Hole? That would put the universe as we know it in a constant state of death and rebirth, which matches everything we know about natural law.

Does a black hole die? A black hole is something that comes from something dead, a large dead star. So black holes are probably perpetual.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:46 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;18263 wrote:
Evolution and intelligent design can coexist, why not?

I would say that "intelligent" design is a byproduct of evolution. Something doesn't evolve to be self defeatist.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:52 pm
@imuthis,
I would say that evolution is a byproduct of intelligent design, according to my views.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 02:20 pm
@imuthis,
92b - if we cannot understand the concepts of time and space are to accept their existence on faith?
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 02:22 pm
@imuthis,
sorry my tired old mind for got to add "are we to accept their existence on faith...
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 02:25 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;18274 wrote:
sorry my tired old mind for got to add "are we to accept their existence on faith...

You can just edit it.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 02:43 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;18272 wrote:
92b - if we cannot understand the concepts of time and space are to accept their existence on faith?

No, we can comprehend that there are time and space, and that they exist, just we can't comprehend the expansivness of it all. I mean, "time" and "space" as we know it are only our on versions of relating to the world around us.
0 Replies