0
   

Political Movies

 
 
sam2007
 
Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 12:21 pm
Hiiiii
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,411 • Replies: 16
No top replies

 
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 04:19 pm
@sam2007,
"Four Days in September".

Good chit. I took notes.
0 Replies
 
cornnfedd
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:30 am
@sam2007,
i watched the doco by national geographic about north korea the other day, now thats an interesting thing to watch.....

gives an interesting perspective of NK....
0 Replies
 
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:41 am
@sam2007,
China is the only reason NK is still around. If not for China, it would fold with the first South Korean military thrust.
0 Replies
 
scooby-doo cv
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:40 pm
@sam2007,
all the president's men :thumbup: tricky dicky :beat:
0 Replies
 
socalgolfguy
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:41 pm
@sam2007,
"Dick" with Kirsten Dunst
0 Replies
 
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:04 am
@sam2007,
"Killing Fields". Old...really old, but great. Pol Pot sucked, hard.
scooby-doo cv
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:08 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;20984 wrote:
"Killing Fields". Old...really old, but great. Pol Pot sucked, hard.


did you know the USA aided the khmer rouge pino
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:13 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;20986 wrote:
did you know the USA aided the khmer rouge pino


Yeah.....we felt we had to, to counter Vietnamese Communists. The whole thing was a twisted nightmare. The Cambodians always aligned themselves with Red China, and the Vietnamese, with the USSR. The dominoes fell alright, but then started fighting each other. We didn't foresee that.
scooby-doo cv
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:22 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;20988 wrote:
Yeah.....we felt we had to, to counter Vietnamese Communists. The whole thing was a twisted nightmare. The Cambodians always aligned themselves with Red China, and the Vietnamese, with the USSR. The dominoes fell alright, but then started fighting each other. We didn't foresee that.


so do you think it was right to back a complete madman,who murdered millions of innocents because of what happened in vietnam.
0 Replies
 
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:57 am
@sam2007,
No. For Cambodia, the best thing was for all foreign interlopers to get the heck out of there, which they did in 1991. The place is just so screwed up that almost nothing can save it. Some countries are like that -- hopeless.
scooby-doo cv
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 12:45 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;21339 wrote:
No. For Cambodia, the best thing was for all foreign interlopers to get the heck out of there, which they did in 1991. The place is just so screwed up that almost nothing can save it. Some countries are like that -- hopeless.


we all know the soviet union backed communist dictators,but the USA regards itself as the bastion of democracy,but it backed right-wing dictators in central-south america,and even backed the khmer rouge,a radical communist group led by a madman,just because of what happened in vietnam,the USA also backed SADDAM when they knew he was killing his own people,but they didnt care,because at the time they seen him as a lesser of two evils,because they were at war with iran,and lets not forget backing the taliban and osama bin laden in afghanistan,the USA needs to take a long hard look at its foreign policy over the years,the USA helped make bin laden.
socalgolfguy
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 01:32 pm
@sam2007,
Political expedience will always outweigh sound moral judgment.
0 Replies
 
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 03:21 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;21362 wrote:
we all know the soviet union backed communist dictators,but the USA regards itself as the bastion of democracy,but it backed right-wing dictators in central-south america,and even backed the khmer rouge,a radical communist group led by a madman,just because of what happened in vietnam,the USA also backed SADDAM when they knew he was killing his own people,but they didnt care,because at the time they seen him as a lesser of two evils,because they were at war with iran,and lets not forget backing the taliban and osama bin laden in afghanistan,the USA needs to take a long hard look at its foreign policy over the years,the USA helped make bin laden.


The US is a superpower with the world's biggest economy and manufacturing base. It's also umbilically connected to Israel, which is hated by its neighbors, they who sell the US the oil upon which its entire existence rests. The US can't afford to focus on ideals. It must focus on interests. Sorry. Truthfully, I don't want my standard of living lowered so countries such as Iran or Iraq can be 'happier', even if that were possible to arrange.
scooby-doo cv
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 09:04 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;21387 wrote:
The US is a superpower with the world's biggest economy and manufacturing base. It's also umbilically connected to Israel, which is hated by its neighbors, they who sell the US the oil upon which its entire existence rests. The US can't afford to focus on ideals. It must focus on interests. Sorry. Truthfully, I don't want my standard of living lowered so countries such as Iran or Iraq can be 'happier', even if that were possible to arrange.


so basically your saying its okay for the USA to do what it likes,when it suits them pino,as i said above,is this the same USA that sees itself as the great democracy,when it suits them.
0 Replies
 
socalgolfguy
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 09:51 am
@sam2007,
Since the topic is Political movies - anyone remember "The Candidate" with Robert Redford?
scooby-doo cv
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 11:44 pm
@socalgolfguy,
Cry Freedom,set in South Africa during the Apartheid regime with Denzil washington as Steve Biko :thumbup:

Salvador with James Woods & Missing set in Chile wth Jack lemmon :thumbup:
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Political Movies
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/16/2021 at 06:09:28