I will believe when.....

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 09:08 pm
@Skye cv,
C'mon now, Campie. You know Jesus didn't write anything in the Bible. Yes, He inspired its authors, as God, but He didn't document any of His teachings, to the best of our knowledge.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 03:53 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25188 wrote:
Children would believe the stories found in the Bible, you donot. You donot believe the Bible, and I have no idea why you believe in Jesus when the story of Jesus is found only in the Bible. The Bible is logical, it is your rejection of the Bible but your acceptance of Jesus that makes no sense. Why on earth would you believe in the person of Jesus, and yet not His words.

I give Jesus full measure for His sacrifice, you do not.
You say that the Bible is logical and then ask us to believe in talking snakes. You cannot make up your mind and provide poor discussion or argument.
I can only ask again that you go away.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 07:20 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;25208 wrote:
I give Jesus full measure for His sacrifice, you do not.
You say that the Bible is logical and then ask us to believe in talking snakes. You cannot make up your mind and provide poor discussion or argument.
I can only ask again that you go away.

Regards
DL

Many Christians alive today have seen the mircles of God, they are not logical to this world, but they are understood by God's people, and we know they are true. If you really wanted to know the truth, that would of intrested you, yet I feel your mental conception of God would not allow for that truth. Feel free to converse with me at anytime.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 08:11 am
@Skye cv,
Greatest, I can assure you that things even beyond talking snakes exist, you just have to want to see them.
rugonnacry

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 09:38 am
@Skye cv,
Where is Will at when you need him.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 12:33 pm
@markx15,
markx15;25217 wrote:
Greatest, I can assure you that things even beyond talking snakes exist, you just have to want to see them.

We will just have to rename Jesus Christ to Jesus of the snakes and other imaginary creatures.
Those who read the Bible literally are completely missing the message of the Bible.
Their God is a looser.

I will keep mine. He can create a perfect world, where theirs cannot and does not and is full of imperfection and homophobic hate.

Regards
DL
Volunteer

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 02:22 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;25264 wrote:
We will just have to rename Jesus Christ to Jesus of the snakes and other imaginary creatures.
Those who read the Bible literally are completely missing the message of the Bible.
Their God is a looser.

I will keep mine. He can create a perfect world, where theirs cannot and does not and is full of imperfection and homophobic hate.

Regards
DL

DL, you have a lot of anger at God. I pity you.
markx15

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 05:41 pm
@Skye cv,
It is your doing that makes it so snakes cannot talk. Or maybe you just don't know how to listen? Oh just so I am not misunderstood, snakes cannot talk as humans talk, but they surely can talk.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 06:32 am
@markx15,
markx15;25294 wrote:
It is your doing that makes it so snakes cannot talk. Or maybe you just don't know how to listen? Oh just so I am not misunderstood, snakes cannot talk as humans talk, but they surely can talk.

They certainly can talk, and even take human form. Look to the Clintons for living proof. They've both snakes, and work their spell-binding black magic on the American people with amazing skill.Very Happy
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 08:41 am
@Skye cv,
Lol!!
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 08:52 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;25277 wrote:
DL, you have a lot of anger at God. I pity you.

My anger is not directed at God because I know of His existence. I am angry with the numbers of evil that are about even as I understand their necessity and thank God for them.
My anger is for those Christians that do not recognize the sacrifice of Jesus the Christ.
They wait for a coming that has already occurred.
They look to be saved when they already are.
This is dumb. I am angry because too many of my fellow Christians are to dumb to recognize this simple fact.
I am also fed up with the number of people who believe in talking snakes.
This does not bode well for human intelligence.

Regards
DL
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 06:46 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;25335 wrote:
My anger is not directed at God because I know of His existence. I am angry with the numbers of evil that are about even as I understand their necessity and thank God for them.
My anger is for those Christians that do not recognize the sacrifice of Jesus the Christ.
This is dumb. I am angry because too many of my fellow Christians are to dumb to recognize this simple fact.

Regards
DL

Chill, Skinnard. Chill. Live and let live, dude. You need to just sit back, kick it, have a cold one.......chill. Get that yard of yours all green and plush, and throw a fetching stick to your dog. Learn to love the small pleasures in life. I do. Man, I dig my crib in SA, Texas. It's all good.
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 06:24 am
@Skye cv,
Old Age is really getting to you... KILL THE COMMUNISTS?
markx15

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 10:53 am
@Skye cv,
They will do that to themselves right Pino?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 03:43 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;25432 wrote:
Old Age is really getting to you... KILL THE COMMUNISTS?

Hellfire and tarnation! Yep......chase'm down, smoke'm out, shoot'm in the open, pile'm high, set'm on fire, have a bbq with cold beer. Yipper. RIDE OR DIE!!!!!:mebeer: :mebeer:
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:28 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25375 wrote:
Chill, Skinnard. Chill. Live and let live, dude. You need to just sit back, kick it, have a cold one.......chill. Get that yard of yours all green and plush, and throw a fetching stick to your dog. Learn to love the small pleasures in life. I do. Man, I dig my crib in SA, Texas. It's all good.

San Antonio - love that town. A bunch of my dead relatives are listed on the walls of the Alamo.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:06 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;25335 wrote:

Regards
DL

DL,

Whatever. By your own admission, you harbor anger. You seem to nurture it. Get rid of it by forgiveness, acting more like Christ, and don't give the Devil a stronghold within you, man.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 08:41 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;26501 wrote:
DL,

Whatever. By your own admission, you harbor anger. You seem to nurture it. Get rid of it by forgiveness, acting more like Christ, and don't give the Devil a stronghold within you, man.

Not to worry. Control I have.
I recognize that there is a God and that He will not interfere in a system that He view as and that is Perfect.
The only area left where I can argue with Him is the numbers in the demographic pyramid that He has created here on this earth.
I know that war is here and necessary at this point in time. I do not have to like it.
I know that all of the woes that afflict us need to be with us. I do not have to like the quantity of it. God gives us this hate in order that we use it as a motivator to do better and improve all of our lots.

I n this sense Hate, like all of God's gifts to man, is good. We are not to bask in it though, just use it to further good.

Thanks for the concern.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 06:53 am
@Skye cv,
How do you explain selfishness?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 08:31 am
@markx15,
markx15;26633 wrote:
How do you explain selfishness?

I can only assume that many if not most of the evil acts in the world are there to teach. I cannot say that I know all of the answers but let me try.

If I see a selfish person living for goods only, it is easy to see that he will have few friends or only friends who are themselves only living for the physical.
I compare this to a less selfish person who concentrates more on personal issues within his friendship group.
Who will have a better funeral. The rich man who will need to pay for criers or the poor man with free and loving criers by the grave.

Selfishness may be the instinct of survival gone stupid. There may even be a cure.
Even today we hear of multi billionaires giving away their billions. Have they learned a lesson or are they just cured of their affliction. I don't know.

God can be the only judge in personal cases. All we can do is discuss the phenomena. Or check with experts in psychology witch I am not.

As to the good and evil aspects of it. If it were not here we would not know that it is a poor way to go through life and that that life should be centered around people and not goods.

Regards
DL
0 Replies