I will believe when.....

Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 08:38 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;23634 wrote:
Sounds to me like your looking for heaven on earth. Thats not going to happen until Christ returns, and before Christ returns things are going to get much worse. The Jews are not back in Israel by accident, Gods plans are unfolding, and few understand or can see.

You have God playing favorites with one people against the other. This is not likely what a God for all peoples would do.

God creates all souls. They are all Perfect so why would God play favorites.
Perhaps this is why the Jews have been hated for so long. Because others fear their inclusive God and prefer a God of inclusion that includes us all.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:21 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;23646 wrote:
That is exactly right. That is why He includes us all into Heaven, even homosexuals. Perhaps homosexuals even have a preferred place because they are made to suffer injustice needlessly here on earth by those of little understanding of God.

Regards
DL

Well I'm not sure where you got that, but the Bible tells us that most people are headed for Hell. And suffering injustice has nothing to do with salvation.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:33 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;23798 wrote:
Well I'm not sure where you got that, but the Bible tells us that most people are headed for Hell. And suffering injustice has nothing to do with salvation.

That would mean that God screwed up on the production of Perfect souls.
When did God loose the power to do Perfect works and souls.
Is His Perfect works so weak that we can damage or destroy His Perfections?

Regards
DL
Dmizer

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:28 pm
@Skye cv,
Campbell34,
The Bible also seems to indicate that most of the Apostles were certain that the end would come in their life time. They were not sure when but they knew it would be before they died. But it didn't happen, they wrote the new testament and if they didn't get that right (the most important part) then what else did they get wrong. You may quote the bible all you wish, but it is a work of man not God. It has been re-written and change so much that the original intent of Jesus (whether he was divine or not) will never be known. If you devoutly follow the bible then you follow a fallacy.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:21 am
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;23906 wrote:
Campbell34,
The Bible also seems to indicate that most of the Apostles were certain that the end would come in their life time. They were not sure when but they knew it would be before they died. But it didn't happen, they wrote the new testament and if they didn't get that right (the most important part) then what else did they get wrong. You may quote the bible all you wish, but it is a work of man not God. It has been re-written and change so much that the original intent of Jesus (whether he was divine or not) will never be known. If you devoutly follow the bible then you follow a fallacy.

The Bible holds a philosophy. If this philosophy is understood it shows God's intent. I see this philosophy and see all questions being answered. It contains Christ and the Antichrist. what more could man want.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:41 am
@Skye cv,
I like your response Greatest I am. It shows a profound understanding (a self-actualization if you will). It is thought inspiring. Thanks.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:24 am
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;24058 wrote:
I like your response Greatest I am. It shows a profound understanding (a self-actualization if you will). It is thought inspiring. Thanks.

Always welcome.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:46 am
@Skye cv,
Skye;20224 wrote:
When God gives us a Daughter "Imaculata".

When equality in religious dogma lifts itself out of the quagmire of medieval times and presents us answers to reality not parables when we were undereducated and drooled at magical messages and reveled in the superiority of the male species while subjugating the female.

I am not anti-religious , nor am I a ranting feminist. I am just looking for something I can believe in - one of those key beliefs being equality of all humans... no caveats allowed.

One thing you shouldn't believe in is the sense of worth The World of Man assigns to you, as an individual. The World of Man is corrupt, weak and unreliable. Man will let you down, hard, frequently, and with glee. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, was God, yet also a man of low origins and an obscure background. He focused on the poor and those who suffered the corruption of Man. For fighting for their well-being, He was murdered by the powerful. His fight is my fight. His story is my story. Everything I have ever experienced conforms to His journey and mission. I go where He went. I experience what He experienced. He dwells within me, and I in Him. :headbang:
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 02:17 pm
@Skye cv,
Skye

Pinochet is out to lunch.

The religion you seek is already in chunks within all religions. At the end of the day, religion is just philosophy and God is there in all of them. Some would have you reduce your own worth by reducing the worth of all humans.
How droll.

I have always said that a man does not make himself high by reaching low for his woman. Trust that God does not note sex as a plus or a minus. All souls have the same Perfect value.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 12:57 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;23838 wrote:
That would mean that God screwed up on the production of Perfect souls.
When did God loose the power to do Perfect works and souls.
Is His Perfect works so weak that we can damage or destroy His Perfections?

Regards
DL

No it means humans screw up, just like you, even now you want to blame God for everything. You see you don't want to take responsibility for your own actions when it is easier to point your finger at God and blame Him. Adam did the same thing in the garden. When God asked Adam why he ate of the tree, Adam told God, the woman YOU GAVE ME, made me eat of the tree. See you and Adam would of got along just fine. Both of you trying to blame God. Well you know, it didn't help Adams case, and when you stand before God it's not going to help yours.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:13 am
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;23906 wrote:
Campbell34,

None of the Apostles knew when the end would come, because even Jesus told them He did not even know. I believe they would of liked to of seen the kingdom Come in their time, but the prophecies were a long way from being fulfilled back then. The Jews were not driven out of Israel until 70 A.D. and this first had to happen before Christ could return, then according to the prophecies the Jews would have to return to the land of Israel and take Jerusalem back and this did not happen until 1948 and Jerusalem was retaken in 1967. And if the Bible is just a work of man why are the prophecies being fulfilled. Why is Jerusalems East Gate still sealed. As you get into the prophecies you will find, there is way to much going on here for the Bible to be just a simple work of man. And on a personal note, the God of the Bible has revealed Himself to me over many years, and I can tell you, He is no fallacy. He is alive, I have heard His voice, and I have seen His power.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:48 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24762 wrote:
None of the Apostles knew when the end would come, because even Jesus told them He did not even know. I believe they would of liked to of seen the kingdom Come in their time, but the prophecies were a long way from being fulfilled back then. The Jews were not driven out of Israel until 70 A.D. and this first had to happen before Christ could return, then according to the prophecies the Jews would have to return to the land of Israel and take Jerusalem back and this did not happen until 1948 and Jerusalem was retaken in 1967. And if the Bible is just a work of man why are the prophecies being fulfilled. Why is Jerusalems East Gate still sealed. As you get into the prophecies you will find, there is way to much going on here for the Bible to be just a simple work of man. And on a personal note, the God of the Bible has revealed Himself to me over many years, and I can tell you, He is no fallacy. He is alive, I have heard His voice, and I have seen His power.

The power you give God is over talking snakes and fish that spit out men after three days.
The Bible is just a collection of books that made the final cut.
Would you literally believe the other books as well if the Vatican made them part of the Bible?
I like you have heard the voice of God. What did He tell you.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:39 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24783 wrote:
The power you give God is over talking snakes and fish that spit out men after three days.
The Bible is just a collection of books that made the final cut.
Would you literally believe the other books as well if the Vatican made them part of the Bible?
I like you have heard the voice of God. What did He tell you.

Regards
DL

Once God told me to pray for a Job. I walked upstairs and prayed. As soon as I said the A of Amen the phone next to me began to ring and when I answered it the man on the other end ask me if I could start work for their company the next monday morning at 8 A.M. I did.

Another time God told me my wife was going to have a child. When I got home my wife was sleeping, yet just a few hours later she woke up and I found her in the bathroom. She was sick because as it turned out she was pregnant.

Another time God told me that He knew I was having a hard time living the life, but if I continued to follow Him He would take care of me, and then He told me that He loved me.

I have had many experiences with God, and He is wonderful. I have never had a friend like God. He is more than just a historical figure to me. I really know Him.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 06:55 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24869 wrote:
Once God told me to pray for a Job. I walked upstairs and prayed. As soon as I said the A of Amen the phone next to me began to ring and when I answered it the man on the other end ask me if I could start work for their company the next monday morning at 8 A.M. I did.

Another time God told me my wife was going to have a child. When I got home my wife was sleeping, yet just a few hours later she woke up and I found her in the bathroom. She was sick because as it turned out she was pregnant.

Another time God told me that He knew I was having a hard time living the life, but if I continued to follow Him He would take care of me, and then He told me that He loved me.

I have had many experiences with God, and He is wonderful. I have never had a friend like God. He is more than just a historical figure to me. I really know Him.

This is well and good but does not mean that there are talking snakes.

God has shown you His reality for a reason.
That reason cannot include you preaching the wrong philosophy.
Any philosophy that includes all the supernatural interferences of the Bible is wrong. God's philosophy must be logical. Miracles are not logical. God helps those who help themselves. If He wanted us to rely on them then He would make them available.
God creates Perfection. There is no need to interfere with Perfection with the supernatural, in fact the Bible tells us to not suffer a witch to live. In other words no supernatural is allowed in our reality.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 11:18 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24902 wrote:
This is well and good but does not mean that there are talking snakes.

God has shown you His reality for a reason.
That reason cannot include you preaching the wrong philosophy.
Any philosophy that includes all the supernatural interferences of the Bible is wrong. God's philosophy must be logical. Miracles are not logical. God helps those who help themselves. If He wanted us to rely on them then He would make them available.
God creates Perfection. There is no need to interfere with Perfection with the supernatural, in fact the Bible tells us to not suffer a witch to live. In other words no supernatural is allowed in our reality.

Regards
DL

You have a total misconception of Gods miracles and witches. The reason I have such a close connection with God, is because I believe in God, and His Word. (YOU DONOT.) The God of the Bible has already told us that human wisdom is foolishness to Him. Your logic, is foolishness to God. And if you believe that you can dismiss the Bible and use your logic to reason your way to Heaven, I hope you have a lot of Air Conditioning stock.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:21 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25090 wrote:
You have a total misconception of Gods miracles and witches. The reason I have such a close connection with God, is because I believe in God, and His Word. (YOU DONOT.) The God of the Bible has already told us that human wisdom is foolishness to Him. Your logic, is foolishness to God. And if you believe that you can dismiss the Bible and use your logic to reason your way to Heaven, I hope you have a lot of Air Conditioning stock.

If God cannot be understood logically then He is a failure and not the true God.
Jesus wanted children around to teach because even children can understand God.
Even children know that snakes do not talk.
Even children know that being homophobic is wrong.

Regards
DL
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:28 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;23649 wrote:
You have God playing favorites with one people against the other. This is not likely what a God for all peoples would do.

God creates all souls. They are all Perfect so why would God play favorites.
Perhaps this is why the Jews have been hated for so long. Because others fear their inclusive God and prefer a God of inclusion that includes us all.

Regards
DL

The problem with this sort of panentheism is that no religion can be right or wrong. You've given them all equality, which means their particular theologies are wrong by claiming any sort of exclusivism. I hear ya, and feel drawn to that kind of ultimate toleration and inclusion. But, technically, if I go there, theologically, I have to rule out much of what Jesus, my Lord, taught, which of course, I can't do. It's a bit of a conundrum.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 08:04 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25100 wrote:
The problem with this sort of panentheism is that no religion can be right or wrong. You've given them all equality, which means their particular theologies are wrong by claiming any sort of exclusivism. I hear ya, and feel drawn to that kind of ultimate toleration and inclusion. But, technically, if I go there, theologically, I have to rule out much of what Jesus, my Lord, taught, which of course, I can't do. It's a bit of a conundrum.

Not really. Jesus taught to love all men.
His sacrifice was for all of mankind. He does not do half measures.
All main stream Bibles that promote right living lead to God. He forgives all men who call Him by another name.
Regardless of religion or lack of, it is impossible for man to get away from God. He has us locked in like any good father would do with his children. We just don't see the how He has locked us in.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 01:14 pm
@Skye cv,
For all my religious friends, I was sent this today and I am pleased to pass it along to you:

Jesus had no servants, yet they called Him Master.
Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher.
Had no medicines, yet they called Him Healer.
Had no army, yet kings feared Him.
He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world.
He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.
He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.
Feel honored to serve such a Leader who loves us.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 08:57 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;25097 wrote:
If God cannot be understood logically then He is a failure and not the true God.
Jesus wanted children around to teach because even children can understand God.
Even children know that snakes do not talk.
Even children know that being homophobic is wrong.

Regards
DL

Children would believe the stories found in the Bible, you donot. You donot believe the Bible, and I have no idea why you believe in Jesus when the story of Jesus is found only in the Bible. The Bible is logical, it is your rejection of the Bible but your acceptance of Jesus that makes no sense. Why on earth would you believe in the person of Jesus, and yet not His words.