I will believe when.....

Skye cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 06:59 am
When God gives us a Daughter "Imaculata".

When equality in religious dogma lifts itself out of the quagmire of medieval times and presents us answers to reality not parables when we were undereducated and drooled at magical messages and reveled in the superiority of the male species while subjugating the female.

I am not anti-religious , nor am I a ranting feminist. I am just looking for something I can believe in - one of those key beliefs being equality of all humans... no caveats allowed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,038 • Replies: 79
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:57 am
@Skye cv,
While we may be the stronger sex, you definately are the fairer sex. We compliment each other. My wife likes the knowledge of having what she believes to be safety. I live with the fact that that agreement may cost me my life someday and i am totally prepared to do so! Is it equality that allows a person to do this? No it is valueing the other more then ones self. This is instilled in me whether it be religous or secular, the common demonimator is Love.
Skye cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:13 am
@Skye cv,
Drnaline

What a beautiful answer!
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:22 am
@Skye cv,
Drnaline. That was amazing, and very heartfealt. poof LOL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 09:47 am
@Skye cv,
Skye;20224 wrote:

When equality in religious dogma lifts itself out of the quagmire of medieval times and presents us answers to reality not parables when we were undereducated and drooled at magical messages and reveled in the superiority of the male species while subjugating the female.

I am not anti-religious , nor am I a ranting feminist. I am just looking for something I can believe in - one of those key beliefs being equality of all humans... no caveats allowed.

I do not know if any religion gives equal rights.
My God is like the statue of Justice with a blindfold on. He sees all souls as the same, and why not, they are all made Perfect.
Most Christians though see a divisive God where in reality their God is a God of inclusion for that exact fact of seeing all souls the same way.
Perhaps you will be lucky and find a Church that also sees Perfection in their God and in their world.
If not then Jesus is the best guide you can have.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:02 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;20231 wrote:
While we may be the stronger sex.

LOL

Men are only physically stronger. Dominance based on that is Neanderthalic logic still in use today by many pack animals, primates, and the Judea/Christian/Muslim subcultures :peace:

in-fact women usually outpace men in the realms of English and Writing
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:21 am
@Skye cv,
I love a woman that can beat me arm wrestling. My first wife had everything a man could want - mustache, muscles, hair on her chest...
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:25 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;21324 wrote:
I love a woman that can beat me arm wrestling. My first wife had everything a man could want - mustache, muscles, hair on her chest...

so you're saying you lived in the bay area before you moved to SoCal?
STNGfan

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:27 am
@Skye cv,
In wiccan women are just as revered as men if not more so. In this religion women are highly respected and hold the highest leadership of spirituality. One reason why I support this religion so.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 12:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;21329 wrote:
so you're saying you lived in the bay area before you moved to SoCal?

Very observant - actually born in Oakland, much as I hate to admit it. Home of the Hell's Angels and the Black Panther Party...and my dad was a vice cop there.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 02:11 pm
@Skye cv,
Skye;20224 wrote:

People say stuff like this about the Catholic Church all the time. But Mary is our most respected saint. I don't understand what you want.
Skye cv

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 02:24 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;21374 wrote:
People say stuff like this about the Catholic Church all the time. But Mary is our most respected saint. I don't understand what you want.

Reagaknight

I hope I didn't offend you - I simply have little faith in a doctrine which gives us preference for males and incorporates a 'virgin' birth into its teachings.
Mary is secondary and could not even been anecdoted as having a child the real way - by human birth.

Any Saints I worship if that ever comes about will have lived the human experience and found answers which would be productive for me to know in my own life.

If religion cannot accept that humans are creatures with dual identity in sexuality yet on an equal footing - then what kind of path does religion wish us to follow with all its impossible tales.

Religion chooses to remain in the dark ages whereas science is bringing the sun and knowledge into our lives and we cannot deny its' fact finding any longer.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 02:37 pm
@Skye cv,
Well, Mary is not worshipped. But she is certainly not 'secondary', in most senses. Though Jesus is of course, more important than her, she is also extremely vital to the religion because she is the one who nurtured Jesus, and the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world, as they say. Priests are male only because Jesus chose his Apostles to be male and they do not marry because Jesus was unmarried, nothing sexist. You can still be a nun. There are many things that religion still is the only explanation or at least the best one for.

But if that is why you choose not to believe, then I suppose I would have to say good luck to you and I'm sure we'll find out soon enough who's right.
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 02:45 pm
@Skye cv,
Reagaknight

Quote:
But if that is why you choose not to believe, then I suppose I would have to say good luck to you and I'm sure we'll find out soon enough who's right.

Thank you - I am not looking for 'right or wrong' in the matter of belief.

We all have our own paths of quest and no one individual is right or wrong.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 05:18 pm
@Skye cv,
Skye;21377 wrote:
Reagaknight

I hope I didn't offend you - I simply have little faith in a doctrine which gives us preference for males and incorporates a 'virgin' birth into its teachings.
Mary is secondary and could not even been anecdoted as having a child the real way - by human birth.

Any Saints I worship if that ever comes about will have lived the human experience and found answers which would be productive for me to know in my own life.

If religion cannot accept that humans are creatures with dual identity in sexuality yet on an equal footing - then what kind of path does religion wish us to follow with all its impossible tales.

Religion chooses to remain in the dark ages whereas science is bringing the sun and knowledge into our lives and we cannot deny its' fact finding any longer.

Science reveals what God created. His Word provides the Light.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created. Life was in Him, and that life was the light of men. That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it.”

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.”

John 3:16, "For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."

If you reject God because you don't like the fact he is male, you're just being silly.

You are revealing a hatred for yourself and men.

God made man and woman as companions for each other, to complete each other in union with God.

Gn 2:18-24, "Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is like him." So the LORD God formed out of the ground each wild animal and each bird of the sky, and brought each to the man to see what he would call it. And whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all the livestock, to the birds of the sky, and to every wild animal; but for the man no helper was found who was like him. So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to come over the man, and he slept. God took one of his ribs and closed the flesh at that place. Then the LORD God made the rib He had taken from the man into a woman and brought her to the man. And the man said:

This one, at last, is bone of my bone,and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called woman,
for she was taken from man.

This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. Both the man and his wife were naked, yet felt no shame."

How can a man and woman who are married be separate? They are one flesh. If one flesh, how can either look down on the other? That doesn't make sense.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 05:37 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;21398 wrote:
This one, at last, is bone of my bone,and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called woman,
for she was taken from man.

This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. Both the man and his wife were naked, yet felt no shame."

How can a man and woman who are married be separate? They are one flesh. If one flesh, how can either look down on the other? That doesn't make sense.

"You are revealing a hatred for yourself and men."

I think you are the one doing that with your homophobia.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 06:32 pm
@Skye cv,
It makes me chuckle every time VOl posts scripture to back HIS word as being correct, but when someone *ME* posts scripture that makes his god look like a pile o' poop, Suddenly its "Taken out of context" Kepp on preaching brother.
Red cv

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 07:01 pm
@Skye cv,
Quote from I am: I think you are the one doing that with your homophobia.

Regards

Lord love a duck, we have a Liberal who's ethos, mantra and war cry is (I coined this phrase)"Absolute Tolerance or Else" I will demean you, call you hateful names and a host of other vile actions. Heads up I am you are 100 times more intolerant than Pino because YOU force your believes of tolerance to the extreme down the throat of those who feel else wise. You aren't more tolerant than him because you think being gay is cool, your side, if you get your way, would force any and all perverted life styles down devotly religious peoples throats until they drown. Nothing is sacred to your group except freaks, geeks and pervs. Well here's the scoop, Peno is a devote Christian and he believes his beliefs to his very core and yet you have no tolerance for him.

Skye, interesting question. I left the Catholic church because it's beliefs are backwards and very subjugative to women. No rules for the males thou, just the females first birth control, signing over the souls of your children upon birth etc. From there I went to the Salavation Army and learned what giving to your community meant. I can't remember the Catholic Church doing ONE thing for the poor or needy just the never ending Church Roof fund. Religion does need to come out of the dark ages but any organization that is male dominated and run will make sure that never happens like the Catholic Church. It's loss, over time this religion is losing more members than it can recruit. I can see it becoming a mere shell of what it is now unless reforms take place but it is a religion based on pomp and ceremony so fat chance of that happening. :dunno:
Drnaline

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 06:57 am
@Skye cv,
Skye;20232 wrote:
Drnaline

What a beautiful answer!
Thank you Skye.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 07:00 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20233 wrote:
Drnaline. That was amazing, and very heartfealt. poof LOL

LOL, and being as we are so much alike i take it, this benefits your girl as well?
0 Replies