Is God returning the Jews back to Israel?

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:42 am
[SIZE="4"]"For I will take you (Jews) out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land" (Ezekiel 36:24)....[/SIZE]

One study predicted that in the next 80 years America's Jewish population would decline by one-third to 3.8 million if current fertility rates and migration patterns continue. In the same period, according to the study, the number of Jews in Israel would likely double, swelling to 10 million. The study also anticipated a severe decline in the number of Jews in the former Soviet Union. By 2080, the data suggested, the Jewish community there would be virtually non-existent.

Among the study's conclusions was that Israel would be home to the world's largest Jewish community as early as 2020, and the majority of the world's Jews by 2050. Between the years 2030 to 2040 the majority of Jews will be living in Israel rather than in the Diaspora, where communities are aging.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,437 • Replies: 79
No top replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:45 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Except they have it all wrong.

Israel of the bible , New testament Israel is the body of believers in the Church set up under Christ.

doesn't matter if you are Jewish, italian, polish, german, Indian, or pink.

if you are a follower of Christ you are Israel!

israel is not a place its people who follow Christ
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
@JesusDiedForU,
That thinking is not congruent with Scriptures.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:01 am
@JesusDiedForU,
people having been moving to Israel since it was re-established after WWII

and population of peoples of all faith's are decreasing as more and more of the younger generations are Agnostic or Atheist
FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:06 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Wait a minute JD4U, I thought the OT was" nailed to the cross" as you have said in the past.

Was it or wasn't it?

You all can't have it both ways. You either accept the OT complete with God's attrocities or not. It's a bit hypocritical to pick and chose certain text.

Still glad to see me here?

I hope so. Peace to you my friend.
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:21 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33536 wrote:
Wait a minute JD4U, I thought the OT was" nailed to the cross" as you have said in the past.

Was it or wasn't it?

This is actually the source of much Debate

In the Canonical gospels Jesus clearly says he isn't putting away the OT laws, just "filling them to the fullest". The then expounds on a few of them in greater detail and removes portions of some laws (unclean food). He also says "not a letter will be stricken from the law until heaven and earth pass away", This was the opposite of what the OT said he would do when he got there (Unite Israel as king and destroy it's enemies, neither of which he did).

Paul (who is second on the list of NT authors by content, just behind Luke), never met Jesus (in person) and his works largely promote the OT ideas that once The Christ had come the 1st covenant would be over completely. The strange thing is that while Paul testifies that Jesus came to him, he apperently told him little if anything that he did in his 33 years on earth...

ever since there has been quite a bit of debate over this, the fact is that the Paul and the Canonical gospels simply don't see eye to eye on this, and anybody who tells you they do is drawing lines to connect dots which simply don't appear...
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:38 am
@JesusDiedForU,
true , one must really study the bible to learn that Israel is the church, the people who believe in Christ.

I am sure I will come across it in my readings and will post about it .

But honestly it is a subject that requires much study.

God through his Holy Spirit really needs to open eyes and help in study for folks to be able to understand that Israel is not a ethnic group or a country .

Israel is me and any other believer who is a true follower of christ.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:39 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Hate to blow your theory out of the water JDFU, but Ezekiel was writing during the Babylonian Captivity. He was writing about the restoration of the Jewish people to Judea that basically occurred after 538 BCE when Cyrus of Persia decreed restoration of worship at Jerusalem and allowed the captive Jews to return. In 516 BCE the new temple was completed and the prophesied 70 years of captivity was fulfilled (at least according to the OT). In short, Ezekiel was not talking about the 21st century CE, but instead was speaking of an occurrence that was to take place a mere 70 years later in the late 6th century BCE. :patriot:
wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 02:02 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
A good scripture that illustrates the fact Israel is now the church is.

Ephesians 3: 4

In reading this , then you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew or greek, there is neither bond or free,there is neither male or female : for ye are all one in Christ Jesus

Granted this is imposible to understand unless the Holy Spirit opens your eyes to this understanding. But I pray god grant that understanding in the name of Christ to all who really seek the truth here.

Israel the geographic location means nothing to the church.

Israel the body of believers is what God cares about. Israel is the church.

All this death over the land of Israel is not of God. God does not sanction it.
JesusDiedForU

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 06:46 pm
@mako cv,
mako;33542 wrote:
Hate to blow your theory out of the water JDFU, but Ezekiel was writing during the Babylonian Captivity. He was writing about the restoration of the Jewish people to Judea that basically occurred after 538 BCE when Cyrus of Persia decreed restoration of worship at Jerusalem and allowed the captive Jews to return. In 516 BCE the new temple was completed and the prophesied 70 years of captivity was fulfilled (at least according to the OT). In short, Ezekiel was not talking about the 21st century CE, but instead was speaking of an occurrence that was to take place a mere 70 years later in the late 6th century BCE. :patriot:

Ohh really? hmm

Well I'm not sure, was Israel one nation with on ruler then?

Take care
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 07:37 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;33533 wrote:
people having been moving to Israel since it was re-established after WWII

and population of peoples of all faith's are decreasing as more and more of the younger generations are Agnostic or Atheist

Yes, exactly, in 1948 the Jewish race has continued to return to Israel for the FIRST time in almost 2000 years.

It is not talking about faiths but rather a race. God promised the Jewish people the land and he has given it to them.
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 07:48 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33570 wrote:

In reading this , then you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Jesus Christ.

There is neither Jew or greek, there is neither bond or free,there is neither male or female : for ye are all one in Christ Jesus

Granted this is imposible to understand unless the Holy Spirit opens your eyes to this understanding. But I pray god grant that understanding in the name of Christ to all who really seek the truth here.

Those passages describe how one no longer has to be a Jew to be saved. But rather it is Jesus that saves and it doesn't matter if you are Jew or a Gentile.

To believe that the Jewish people and the nation of Israel has nothing to do with the future and the Bible is insane... 100 fulfilled Bible prophecies
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:11 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 01:31 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Jesus died

I do believe that the Jewish ethnic people have a place in the future plans of God.

Just not what most christians believe it to be.

I would have to disagree.

Many scriptures point to the original branches being pruned from the tree and other grafted in.

But the line is significant, just as God seems to have a plan for all lines and ethnic divisions of man kind.
JesusDiedForU

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 04:45 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33680 wrote:
Jesus died

I do believe that the Jewish ethnic people have a place in the future plans of God.

Just not what most christians believe it to be.

I would have to disagree.

Many scriptures point to the original branches being pruned from the tree and other grafted in.

But the line is significant, just as God seems to have a plan for all lines and ethnic divisions of man kind.

Ezekiel 36-38 is pretty clear.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 07:41 am
@JesusDiedForU,
The Bible in it's literal context isn't always clear

The flood for example, given the water coverage and the time frame it occurred (everything on earth in no more then 40 days), average precipitation would be 400 inches of rain an hour. To put that in context, Oregon (known as being rather rainy), receives roughly 85 inches a year.

Then you'd have to consider the fact that there isn't enough water on earth to accomplish that...

But that's unrelated, Mako is correct, that passage refers to the Babylonian Captivity and at any rate Jews returning to Israel is hardly news. They've been coming and going since 1500BCE
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:44 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Quote:
Well I'm not sure, was Israel one nation with on ruler then?
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 06:47 pm
@mako cv,
mako;33542 wrote:

Hate to blow your theory out of the water but your attempt to try and force fit the Babylonian return to Israel will not fly. Because there are just to many levels that it just doesen't work. According to the Scriptures when the Jews return they will never be removed from the land again. And we know the Romans did just that. Also according to the Scriptures when they return at this time the Bible calls this the latter years. And according to the Scriptures the Jews will be attacked from many other nations which would involve Persia Ethiopia, Libya, Gog, and May Gog, ect. At this time God would destroy five sixths of this envading army and the Jews of that time would spend seven months burying the dead. These events have never happened, and they are for the future. God tells us why He is going to do this, and it is to magnify Himself, and sancitify Himself, and God states that after this day He will be known in the eyes of many nations. Those who try force fit this prophecy into today's church are just fooling thimeselves. And those who try to force fit this into the Babylonian return have not considered the written Word.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 07:23 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33570 wrote:

Well God gave the land of Israel to the Jews long ago, and God is going to use little Israel to show the world who He is. God tells us that in the latter years He will return the Jewish people to their land. He tells us they will take back Juda first. They did in 1948, Then He tells us they will take Jerusalem second. They did in 1967. The Bible tells us that when the Prince to come returns, He will enter through the Porch of the Eastern Gate located in Jerusalem. God tells us that Gate will remained sealed until He returns, and all attempts to open it before He returns will fail. They have. The prophecy clearly states that God will deal with the Jewish people, God is dealing with the people He scattered among the nations who profaned Gods Holy name while they dwelt in the land of Israel. This is not the Church. And if that were the case, then these Bible prophecies would amount to nonsense. These prophecies are far to detailed to think one could pass this off as the church today. The prophecy is clear, the armies of the world will try to retake Jerusalem. And when God returns to defend Israel, He will fight these assembled armies in the vally of Armageddon. And I can assure you, this vally is no where near Chicago.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:26 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
I used to believe just what you have posted campbell.

The holy spirit and study have taught me different.

The land of Israel will be a part of the end time battle , I agree.

But God is well able to control that himself.

My point is that the current inhabitants of Israel are no more important to God than the rest of us are.