Islamism

sectionOne

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 01:44 pm
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;14499 wrote:
Well, here I disagree because the terms are too general. The Quran states certain things to be true. Men then interpret those words to fit a specifc political agenda. For that reason I am an advocate of the concept of "seperation of church and state" accordingly that concept adheres to my philosophy that religion (is up to the individual) and cannot be attached to all US citizens. IMO, this is where confusion sets in.

(somewhat off point, but I feel necessary to express) From a historical persepctive, when speaking of America, we must include religious doctrine because it is woven into our history. Not to do so, is ignorance, not right not wrong, just ignorance.

Some clerics teach the extremes of Islam, not all.

the Quran is only interpreted by imams.
general men don't interpret anything in islam.
do you get that?
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:09 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Quote:
Here I disagree as well. I would propose the opposite is true. Most religions advocate the same things Islam does. The essence of the messages to me, are the same. It is the human interpreter who causes the rifts between people. I would advocate some leaders use religion for control and power.

Perhaps extreme islam is more prevelant today, regarding governments controlled by religion. And for other looks at extremism in religion we need only to consult history.

No. I think I find sectionOne agrees with me that the Islamic religion is deeply rooted in violence against other faiths.
chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:16 pm
@sectionOne,
sectionOne;14501 wrote:
the Quran is only interpreted by imams.
general men don't interpret anything in islam.
do you get that?

Thanks you. Yes, I would agree, but do everday members of Islam also use quotes to support their position?
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:19 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;14509 wrote:
No. I think I find sectionOne agrees with me that the Islamic religion is deeply rooted in violence against other faiths.

Thank you for your point I understand your view.

I cannot say for certain that the ENTIRE Islamic religion is deeply rooted in violence.

Pardon my ignorance, but I need to read more to formulate my opinion. IMO, for me, I would have to look more closely to the Quran and speak with muslims.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:29 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Not Muslims as individuals, just the basics of the religion, the Qu'ran and other such things. Many, even the majority of Muslims are not violent in conversion techniques.
chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:33 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;14519 wrote:
Not Muslims as individuals, just the basics of the religion, the Qu'ran and other such things. Many, even the majority of Muslims are not violent in conversion techniques.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I need money to survive, so I am off to work. Signing off for today. Looking forward to more debates. Best wishes.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:11 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
If the Imams are the only ones who interpret the Q'uran how can we be sure of the translated versions? If this has always happened how can we be sure that the Q'uran just as the Bible was not compounded by early Imam's to fit their agenda and it built on that? I agree that now muslims are greatly influenced to violence, many give in, others embrace it, but we must be very careful to support those who renounce violence, because they are our only chance of a peaceful inter-religious resolution.
chuckc cv

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 01:43 am
@markx15,
markx15;14552 wrote:
If the Imams are the only ones who interpret the Q'uran how can we be sure of the translated versions? If this has always happened how can we be sure that the Q'uran just as the Bible was not compounded by early Imam's to fit their agenda and it built on that? I agree that now muslims are greatly influenced to violence, many give in, others embrace it, but we must be very careful to support those who renounce violence, because they are our only chance of a peaceful inter-religious resolution.

I wholeheartedly and completely agree with this view.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:24 am
@markx15,
markx15;14552 wrote:

I'll ignore the part about the Bible. You can be speculative about this, but there is no evidence. The Koran was created from personal oral traditions and accounts of Muhammed's life. There is also historic certainty that he had conquests in pagan/Christian/Jewish places like Medina.
0 Replies

sectionOne

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 06:49 am
@markx15,
markx15;14552 wrote:

the Quran isn't supposed to be translated out of the original Arabic, that's part of Sharia law. there should be no translated versions.
alot of people morph Christian and Western thinking to explain ways of other cultures... and that only creates misconceptions. like the possibility of inter-religious resolution, Islam is very clear, there are muslims and non-muslims. non-muslims are dhimmis, or lesser, no pluralism.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:01 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
At the time it was writen that was most likly what it was like for them. All non-muslims at the time were enemies to attack or defend against. It is in keeping those traditions alive that result in violence. Anyway I would expect that if the early Imams did have influence enough to manipulate the Q'uran they would be inteligent enough to insert passages speaking about it's infallibility.
sectionOne

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:45 am
@markx15,
markx15;14603 wrote:
At the time it was writen that was most likly what it was like for them. All non-muslims at the time were enemies to attack or defend against. It is in keeping those traditions alive that result in violence. Anyway I would expect that if the early Imams did have influence enough to manipulate the Q'uran they would be inteligent enough to insert passages speaking about it's infallibility.

and non-muslims now are considered the infidel. and modern imams incite violence. the tradition of violence is alive and well and growing.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 01:36 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
The Bible was formulated to fit the agendas of the elite at the time. The Imams could have and most likely manipulated the texts in the same way. It is means of control. Believe what you want, you may have been socially conditioned to not question things but its all good..I had to take a course at Brandeis University on Aremeic. I have read the Arameic texts for myself and it is vastly different. Its very interesting to see first hand how things have been mistranslated and manipulated. Everybody is aware of Reggie White and how he was deeply religious. He was taking courses on Arameic and reading the texts. He lost his faith towards the end of his life because he realized that the Bible he worshipped was not the texts that were written.
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 01:38 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Quote:

I did a bit more research and I found out about a Koran dating from 645 to 690. The article I read said it contained only different order of verses and minor textual variations, but there was no mention of missing passages.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 08:43 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
"The Bible was formulated to fit the agendas of the elite at the time."

What? Who taught you that -- some commie prof? The canonical standard for NT document acceptance centered on quality, contribution to a comprehensive Christian viewpoint, and maintenance of the story-line of Jesus' Davidic descendancy. Any document that didn't meet that standard was excluded.
NOOTRAC22

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 05:56 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;14692 wrote:
"The Bible was formulated to fit the agendas of the elite at the time."

What? Who taught you that -- some commie prof? The canonical standard for NT document acceptance centered on quality, contribution to a comprehensive Christian viewpoint, and maintenance of the story-line of Jesus' Davidic descendancy. Any document that didn't meet that standard was excluded.

then why is the common bible today not the bible but King James's version?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 06:37 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Read both and tell me which one makes more sense to a modern man?
0 Replies

sectionOne

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 06:37 am
@I Understand,
I Understand;14625 wrote:
The Bible was formulated to fit the agendas of the elite at the time. The Imams could have and most likely manipulated the texts in the same way. It is means of control. Believe what you want, you may have been socially conditioned to not question things but its all good..I had to take a course at Brandeis University on Aremeic. I have read the Arameic texts for myself and it is vastly different. Its very interesting to see first hand how things have been mistranslated and manipulated. Everybody is aware of Reggie White and how he was deeply religious. He was taking courses on Arameic and reading the texts. He lost his faith towards the end of his life because he realized that the Bible he worshipped was not the texts that were written.

actually the Quran's principles origin predates Islam. it was intended as a math book and explains quantum physics. but oral tradition is still part of the culture and meanings change over the years. during the 1st and 2nd century there was a great religious gathering in the area around present day Israel. it was the cradle of scholars and leadership.
the ancient books contained the history of the beginning of mankind and was intended to consolidate all the beliefs from around the globe including quantum physics. the Vedas and stories from the Upanshads were all gathered and studied. they contained mystic secrets too.
and that's probably when the conflict started. Rome and Athens and Cairo struggled for power and dominance... and population control, control over the spirits of magic and quantum physics or what could only be explained as superior intelligence/physics/emotions as God.

but the basis of ancient practice was to preserve mankind and possibly all get along.
well... we see that's not possible. but Nostradamas did say there would be a great war and then 1000 years of peace, we might see this in our lifetimes.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 08:54 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
".....actually the Quran's principles origin predates Islam. it was intended as a math book and explains quantum physics. but oral tradition is still part of the culture and meanings change over the years."

Yeah, right. The Quran......a math book, explaining quantum physics????? Give me a break. It's an assassination, torture and execution manual, if anything. When it comes to the Quran's place in the West, I side with HITLER. Burn it, in massive bonfires.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 08:56 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
"....then why is the common bible today not the bible but King James's version?"

The KJV is the product of Protestant sleight-of-hand theology of strategic convenience.
0 Replies