Islamism

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:56 pm
If you think Islamism (or whatever) is bad I am curious as to why. I know little about it and im curious in whats good and/or bad about it. In fact I know little about christianity. Anyways just post your facts and/or points of view on Islamism. Im interested in it since many of you think it to be the religion of "the enemy."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,359 • Replies: 80
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:23 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Extreme Islamism is bad.
0 Replies

IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:39 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
But why? I mean "death to america!!!" is bad and all of that stupid terrorist **** but is that all a part of islamism? Does their religion support that?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:43 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Islam is not worse then the other two of the "big three" faiths

infact much of the "horrible ideas" in the Quran can also be found in the Torah and the New Testament. The major difference here is that Jews don't still believe that you should stone your children and Christians don't still think homosexuals should be put to death (book of Romans for any Christians who are thinking I'm blasting their faith)

But there is an underlying populous of radical Muslims who believe that it is their duty to impose Allah's law on the world, through violence if necessary, that is what "Sharia" is.

Sharia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the other problem is the moderate Muslims will generally sympathize with the radicals before they will side with western culture. But if we don't fight them 911 will continue to repeat itself.

This is why I support the war in Iraq. The actual "war with Iraq" lasted all of four months. Now we're fighting Al Qeada, in a place that happens to be Iraq. Bin Laden attacked us, not the other way around. If we leave Iraq before we win then we lost a war to radical Islam, our children cannot afford that.
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:47 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Thanks for that info. I know little about many religions. So do u think Islamism is generally bad?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:51 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
it's just Islam, Islamism isn't a word (I'm starting to understand why your a Democrat) ;-)

Seriously, not bad. I would say socially it has fallen behind Christianity and Judaism. Until it catches up we will have to fight the war on terror, no amount of negotiations can solve the "submit to Allah or I'll attack your country" problem.
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:56 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13407 wrote:
it's just Islam, Islamism isn't a word (I'm starting to understand why your a Democrat) ;-)
>Sad............lol

Seriously, not bad. I would say socially it has fallen behind Christianity and Judaism. Until it catches up we will have to fight the war on terror, no amount of negotiations can solve the "submit to Allah or I'll attack your country" problem.

I suppose. So do you think its a war against terror or a war against Islam?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 11:05 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
it's a war against a radical ideal set, it isn't a war against Islam. The people who support it use terror to incite fear and compliance. the answer is neither, it is a war against people who would enforce Sharia on the world at large on pain of violence...
SWORD of GOD

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:14 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13404 wrote:
Islam is not worse then the other two of the "big three" faiths

infact much of the "horrible ideas" in the Quran can also be found in the Torah and the New Testament. The major difference here is that Jews don't still believe that you should stone your children and Christians don't still think homosexuals should be put to death (book of Romans for any Christians who are thinking I'm blasting their faith)

But there is an underlying populous of radical Muslims who believe that it is their duty to impose Allah's law on the world, through violence if necessary, that is what "Sharia" is.

Sharia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the other problem is the moderate Muslims will generally sympathize with the radicals before they will side with western culture. But if we don't fight them 911 will continue to repeat itself.

This is why I support the war in Iraq. The actual "war with Iraq" lasted all of four months. Now we're fighting Al Qeada, in a place that happens to be Iraq. Bin Laden attacked us, not the other way around. If we leave Iraq before we win then we lost a war to radical Islam, our children cannot afford that.

I assume you know Islam and have read Quran, so I want you to support your calim "horrible ideas in the Quran" with quotations from Quran..so we can discuss.

Is "Wikipedia" your source of true Islamic information !!? If that's the case then no need to comment on your claims because that indicates lack of honesy.
0 Replies

B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:56 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
If you read the Koran . .. specifically the parts about what is reserved for "non-muslims", you will see that their religion (if wrongly interpreted) is a horrible thing to practice.

Radical muslims should be considered very dangerous.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:46 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Islamism is a word, it's just that Islam is the religion, Islamism is radical Islam.
0 Replies

sectionOne

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 01:31 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
this website gives great insight to Islam. the director grew up in Pakistan and will tell you all about the evils of todays Islam.
Center for Strategic Analysis

I have studied and practiced Islam for 30 years and will tell you that in the US we think Western. whereas in Islam there is a differnet mindset. religion and politics are one in Islam, Sharia Law is a way of life. Sharia is primitive and dictates things like stoning women to death for what we would consider here as minor crimes.
further, Sharia law is creeping into the US in instances like the muslim cabbies in the Minneapolis airport who refuse to transport passengers carrying (closed container) alcohol, since it is against their religion of Islam.
another incident is the flying Imams who prayed before a flight and were kicked off the plane because they were suspicious, they are trying to sue the airlines and the passengers that turned them in.

Islam is dangerous because Islamic Republics like Iran is threatening with nuclear weapons. and of course there is Al Qaeda which is Islamic and their cause is supported by most muslims.

the Palestinian issue is big. the occupation of Israel is against the Quran and Islam since the Oslo accord in 1948.

another important thing to know is that clerics make all the political decisions. that means that the government is run by religious leaders who use the Quran to make laws and enforce them.
0 Replies

IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:24 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13410 wrote:
it's a war against a radical ideal set, it isn't a war against Islam. The people who support it use terror to incite fear and compliance. the answer is neither, it is a war against people who would enforce Sharia on the world at large on pain of violence...

"it is a war against people who would enforce Sharia on the world at large on pain of violence"

But Sharia is only in the Muslim religion right?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:35 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
by name Sharia is only a Muslim concept yes

It is not their religion, it is any aspect of any religion which oppresses others, with which we are at war with.

If the Catholic Church was still doing the inquisition across Europe we'd oppose that as well
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13552 wrote:
by name Sharia is only a Muslim concept yes

It is not their religion, it is any aspect of any religion which oppresses others, with which we are at war with.

If the Catholic Church was still doing the inquisition across Europe we'd oppose that as well

Yes i agree with you on that.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:04 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
"This is why I support the war in Iraq. The actual "war with Iraq" lasted all of four months. Now we're fighting Al Qeada, in a place that happens to be Iraq. Bin Laden attacked us, not the other way around. If we leave Iraq before we win then we lost a war to radical Islam, our children cannot afford that."

The cause is righteous. The way we're fighting it is foolish. More bad guys must die. We must take a stronger stand, tactically. We're screwing around, instead of fighting to win. It's Vietnam, all over again.
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:29 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;13594 wrote:
"This is why I support the war in Iraq. The actual "war with Iraq" lasted all of four months. Now we're fighting Al Qeada, in a place that happens to be Iraq. Bin Laden attacked us, not the other way around. If we leave Iraq before we win then we lost a war to radical Islam, our children cannot afford that."

The cause is righteous. The way we're fighting it is foolish. More bad guys must die. We must take a stronger stand, tactically. We're screwing around, instead of fighting to win. It's Vietnam, all over again.

Do you think vietnam was a bad war?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:13 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Vietnam was a military victory but a political defeat. Argueable brought about by the like's of John Kerry and Jane Fonda.
NOOTRAC22

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 09:08 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
I Don't Think Islam Is Bad. I Think It's The Men In Power Who Use Islam For Their Own Devices. They Do The Same Type Of Thing That Those Late Night Televangilist Do By Talking Tons Of People Out Of Every Penney That They Have For "salvation", Except Instead Of Being Theives They Are Murdurers
0 Replies

IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:21 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;13641 wrote:
Vietnam was a military victory but a political defeat. Argueable brought about by the like's of John Kerry and Jane Fonda.

I dont think it was necicarily a victory. No doubt it was a political defeat. We left, thank god, in my oppinion before the war was over. Both sides had big loses.
0 Replies