Islamism

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:45 pm
@Pinochet73,
"Any type of extremism is intolerable."

And how would you deal with these 'intolerable' beliefs and statements, oh Tolerant One? :beat:
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:45 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Back up your statements. maybe it is claimed by some that they worship the same God, but if it's true, this is one God with severe multiple personalities.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:47 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
I know the differences between the religions. I minored in religious studies. I said person because as you should know YHWH is a name. Names are usually reserved for living people not a spiritual force.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:49 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
If you want to get deeper into this, Allah in Hebrew means "An Eloha" Eloha being the singular of the Hebrew Elohim.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:50 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
None of the religions state he is anything less than God. Just because that is so in our culture today does not mean it is thorugh the Ages. Gods have names in almost all religions.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:54 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
"I minored in religious studies."

Show me. Don't tell me. SHOW me that you know something.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:58 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
"If you want to get deeper into this, Allah in Hebrew means "An Eloha" Eloha being the singular of the Hebrew Elohim."

Neither Jews nor Muslims worship the person,Jesus Christ. Christ, in His human dimension, is just as important to us as Christ in His supernatural dimension. Again, neither of the two other religions has a counterpart to Christ. Your original statement was wrong, and followed by an even more thoughtless remark. It figures you're from wherever the hell you're from. Wrong and thoughtless statements abound there.
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:20 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;14336 wrote:
"If you want to get deeper into this, Allah in Hebrew means "An Eloha" Eloha being the singular of the Hebrew Elohim."

Neither Jews nor Muslims worship the person,Jesus Christ. Christ, in His human dimension, is just as important to us as Christ in His supernatural dimension. Again, neither of the two other religions has a counterpart to Christ. Your original statement was wrong, and followed by an even more thoughtless remark. It figures you're from wherever the hell you're from. Wrong and thoughtless statements abound there.

Jesus Christ, to them, is not god or gods son. To them hes not much of anyone. To you he is probably your lord and savior. They do not hate him and the bible does not say you should hate them for not believing in him. It is all oppinion.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:23 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Look who's back!

To Muslim's he's a prophet.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:23 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Glad you didn't leave us IADB!
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 08:05 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;14366 wrote:
Glad you didn't leave us IADB!

ive already posted that i was taking a break from this site.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 10:55 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Yes to Muslims he was a prophet. In fact Jeshua is the most quoted prophet in the Q'uran.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:01 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
You can have all the different names of prophets, of books, of God(s) you want. I believe they are all valid. And true for you as an indiviual.

As far as the post

IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY!;13365 wrote:
If you think Islamism (or whatever) is bad I am curious as to why. I know little about it and im curious in whats good and/or bad about it. In fact I know little about christianity. Anyways just post your facts and/or points of view on Islamism. Im interested in it since many of you think it to be the religion of "the enemy."

My theory: Religious intolerance is poisoining our global community.

My theory of intolerance (add any adjective you want): perhaps it is the primal nature of man which motivates some individuals.

As far as religious dogma: religious institutions should be held accountable for their actions based on that doctrine.

Those who claim to be followers of a specific doctrine, America is a great country, you are free to worhsip as you please.

As far as the religion of Islam. Well, I do know their prophet is Muhammed, that their Holy Book is the Quran, and their God is Allah. They hold sacred Jerusalem, the "Dome of the Rock", and the city of Mecca. They consider Jesus of Nazareth as a prophet. I do know many members make a pilgramige to Mecca. As with all religious groups, I view the followers of Isalm as individuals first.

I firmly believe their essential message is a benefit to humanity. Please correct me if I am wrong, I think in the Quran the angel Gabriel delivered this message.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:25 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;13594 wrote:
"This is why I support the war in Iraq. The actual "war with Iraq" lasted all of four months. Now we're fighting Al Qeada, in a place that happens to be Iraq. Bin Laden attacked us, not the other way around. If we leave Iraq before we win then we lost a war to radical Islam, our children cannot afford that."

Thanks. No sarcasm.

Not to get off topic, but.....I am refreshed to see the Iraq War from that perspective and so simply stated. My hope is that Iraq will be a free society. I applaud every individual of our military for their sacrifice. Where is Colin Powell when you need him?
0 Replies

sectionOne

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 06:23 am
@Pinochet73,
religious tolerance is a sort of poison.
since Islam is not tolerant of other religions.
I Understand

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:55 am
@sectionOne,
sectionOne;14448 wrote:
religious tolerance is a sort of poison.
since Islam is not tolerant of other religions.

It works all ways. I honestly don't understand why people cannot see beyond religious bigotry. To me we are all one. Its just a shame that the majority can't see this.
sectionOne

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 11:30 am
@I Understand,
I Understand;14461 wrote:
It works all ways. I honestly don't understand why people cannot see beyond religious bigotry. To me we are all one. Its just a shame that the majority can't see this.

I agree.
but the Quran teaches that religions aren't equal. and the Imams and clerics enforce it. that's just fact.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 01:12 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
And to add on, most other religions do not advocate the same sort of things Islam does, making it worse.
chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 01:25 pm
@sectionOne,
sectionOne;14467 wrote:
I agree.
but the Quran teaches that religions aren't equal. and the Imams and clerics enforce it. that's just fact.

Well, here I disagree because the terms are too general. The Quran states certain things to be true. Men then interpret those words to fit a specifc political agenda. For that reason I am an advocate of the concept of "seperation of church and state" accordingly that concept adheres to my philosophy that religion (is up to the individual) and cannot be attached to all US citizens. IMO, this is where confusion sets in.

(somewhat off point, but I feel necessary to express) From a historical persepctive, when speaking of America, we must include religious doctrine because it is woven into our history. Not to do so, is ignorance, not right not wrong, just ignorance.

Some clerics teach the extremes of Islam, not all.
chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 01:32 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;14496 wrote:
And to add on, most other religions do not advocate the same sort of things Islam does, making it worse.

Here I disagree as well. I would propose the opposite is true. Most religions advocate the same things Islam does. The essence of the messages to me, are the same. It is the human interpreter who causes the rifts between people. I would advocate some leaders use religion for control and power.

Perhaps extreme islam is more prevelant today, regarding governments controlled by religion. And for other looks at extremism in religion we need only to consult history.
0 Replies