Correct me if I'm wrong..

Drnaline

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 06:01 pm
@Celerity,
Yeah, they call it free enterprise.
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 06:38 pm
@Celerity,
Ironically My roundtrip is about 6 miles, and I get free Gas.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 11:03 am
@Celerity,
One of the benefits of working in the industry, no doubt. Good for you.
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 05:03 pm
@Drnaline,
SoCal

I'm with you - I refuse to be enslaved by transportation and gas prices.... I fill my car up around six to seven weeks.... Bought it new in 2004 and as of this date have 4,027 miles on the meter...hehehe....

The service guys get mad when I insist on getting the annual service check but they do it anyway or I'll have a tantrum.

I'd rather have a golf cart tho.... they are so 'in your face'.... love the whole idea.....
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 05:30 pm
@Celerity,
Only 4,000 miles? Wow. How do you get around -- bicycle? Everything you need must be close. Cool.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 05:39 pm
@Celerity,
I USED to love taking a golf cart to my job but one of our friends here at C/V's made me feel guilty for not walking the lousy two blocks - so now I walk....Lost 6 pounds so far.
6'1", 195, feelin' good.
rhopper3

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 05:55 pm
@Celerity,
I don't want to sound like a trailer park conspiracy theorist but I think we could solve the whole issue in a few months if we really wanted to.....I think as consumers and as citizens we have lost our genetalia ..
either we have to force the corporations to do it by exersising influence as consumers or we have to force the government to do something about it by funding research and passing appropriate laws or more likely some combination there of
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 07:08 pm
@Drnaline,
All great ideas but the Oil Industry has a team of scientists globally that think up every idea under the sun for alternative fuel and patient those ideas and when some Joe Smoe comes along with a great alternative the oil industry owns the rights. We need laws that negate the oil industries hold on "Ideas" or they shall own us to our graves. Our countries need to come first and the oil industry second. I know dare to dream the dream. :dunno:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:38 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;20150 wrote:
I USED to love taking a golf cart to my job but one of our friends here at C/V's made me feel guilty for not walking the lousy two blocks - so now I walk....Lost 6 pounds so far.
6'1", 195, feelin' good.

Two blocks. Wow. My commute is 60 miles a day, and that's in town.
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 09:15 pm
@Drnaline,
Pinochet73

Close to work, plan trips for shopping - friends and I carpool for common things like groceries or going to lunch - we all do it - and we have cut back on the gas. I don't have a bicycle and walk when I can but I have just
been lucky in proximity to workplace and living.

I guess I am just a tightwad hehe.... but I can hide it under the lavish 'saving our planet' mantra....
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:39 am
@Celerity,
Sheesh, I am glad I do not have to drive as many miles as some of you have to drive daily.

I've begun riding my bicycle again with ttese gas prices, and my legs are in better shape so i don't mind so much!
0 Replies