• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,439 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 07:37 pm
@Silverchild79,
A very good and well-presented article. I hope Aaron comes back soon and reads it. I will be waiting for his commentary.
Drakej

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 11:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
That is a very well written article and I agree with it 100 percent. The lesson that most youth will take away from this whole deal is, "His boys better get them back". It is sad that some people pull themselves out of a bad situation and do something for themselves only to have it taking away over nothing. His life was taken for what? Some cash? Maybe a Rolex? Or three, whatever the case may be it is not worth losing your life over. I understand not wanting to disown where you are from or who you where because honestly it is a part of you. But when you allow your past to take every thing that you have earned away from you that is a problem.

We see it every day. I have seen many friends put themselves in situations where they allow there past to have a very dramatic effect on where they are at in life now. In some cases it will land there asses in prison or worse. We are surrounded by a mentality that you do not ever leave where you came from. You do not ever turn your back on where you where in your youth. But honstely if the people from your past cannot accept who you are now then are they really friends? I recently took a job with a company in a position where if I where ever caught with some of my old friends doing what they normaly do they would not simply slap my wrist, I would probably end up in jail if not prision. Do I ignore my friends? No, do I hang out with them as much as I used to? No, the reason being is I know that they are going to be there for me regardless and if they dont like me as I am right now well, my self and more importunately my family and our well being is worth more then a friendship that could get my fired / jailed or worse. I hope that maybe somewhere in this vast nation of ours someone sees what happened to this guy and says "I dont want that to happen to me, I bust my ass working 60 hours a week to keep (whatever is important to them) Only to have it taken away over nothing"

I am sorry for the long rant and it may be a little off topic but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 10:26 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;46910 wrote:
A very good and well-presented article. I hope Aaron comes back soon and reads it. I will be waiting for his commentary.

Holy sh*t. That was a fantastic article... Of course I am white so I would no doubt think so.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:33 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;46910 wrote:

He'd blame it on either Bush or Whitie, or both. He doesn't need to be here. I can speak for him on this. IT'S BUSH'S FAULT, DAMMIT, OR YOURS AND MINE.:p
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:36 pm

How disappointing.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
The part about the black KKK is not really moot point. Regardless of the reason for the KKK doing what they do they are stupid reasons, it may be out of fear or monetary gain but it is still a stupid reason. I think he is trying to address the point that black on black crime exists and we need to stop pretending it doesn't.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 08:01 am
aaronssongs;47554 wrote:
I am horrified that the writer of the article chose to make the absolute worst analogy imaginable. Black on black crime has nothing to do with anything resembling the traditional KKK, and to label it as such is appalling, given the fact that the KKK represents intolerance, hate, intimidation, and white supremacy.
No one, anywhere has disputed the fact that "black on black" crime exists...many notable pundits, including Dr. Bill Cosby, Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, and Dr. Cornel West, have commented on it. So that would be a moot point.

Nothing like the KKK, random hate crimes against black people... No similarities at all.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 02:02 pm
@Silverchild79,
Where would similarities be... Lets see a group of people offing a group of people in staggering numbers.... KKK offing blacks.... BLACKS offing blacks.

That is quite similar.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:06 pm
@Silverchild79,
If the Whites offing whites per capita was even 1 10th of what the blacks do to each other and what the KKK has done to blacks... Yes as a matter of fact I would... Its taking something that is in your face, and admitting it is there.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:11 pm
aaronssongs;47462 wrote:
Blame....who should we blame....should we blame the system, which thinks that blacks and minorities are "wasted and lost efforts", and monies would be better spent in white neighborhoods? Should we blame the parents, for unwanted pregnancies, and their lack of drive out of despair, their lack of educational opportunities and role models, their broken homes, their poverty??? We could. But would it be entirely fair.
Folks are so willing to say, they don't like to work...or they steal...or they cheat...we could say the same about the Michael Millikens of the world...or the Dick Cheneys..but then we'd be labelled "racists"....oh, but not you! It's because you can't see your own racism...because when you've been wet for so long, it's hard to remember what its' like to be dry. Pinochet! Freeman! Rugonnacry!
Just remember when you point fingers, a big ol' thumb points back at you!
I'm kinda glad I'm over sports....oh I like gymnastics, tennis, ice skating, the olympics....but football and baseball are probably the gayest sports around...think about it. Oops, that's gonna bunch some underwear.
Yep....the writer of this article, is obviously an "oreo", white a.. kisser....I can't think of anything lower than castigating the victim. He's dead, for godssake. And he was in his home...not out in the streets, slinging drugs, balling, or pimpin'.....what if it happened to you? Would you want somebody to say..."he should have left those "whores" alone.....or he should have known better than to get his coke from some unsavory types", about "you"????? And all of y'all ain't angels. So, somebody cast the first stone....oh, I just did.

I thought your response was very interesting, right up to the point where you managed to find a way to blame "white America" for this crime. As if the White Guy from "Don't Be a Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood" came along during the burglary, popped Taylor, and crossed him off his list as he tossed the weapon to the innocent black youth.

You know, if you constantly blamed eskimos for bootlegging Al Capone would have never been caught. In that same way you will never find a solution for black on black crime by blaming white people. In your mind there exists a paradox wherein whites care nothing for blacks and yet take time out of there busy schedule oppressing the world just long enough to convince black youths that solving social problems with firearms is a good idea.

It couldn't be "gangsta rap" could it? I can spin my FM dial and within 30 seconds find a black man rapping about the glory of violence, drugs, and degrading women. Black youth's are emulating them; Sean Taylor wasn't killed by a Black guy wearing hunter's Orange and firing a shotgun ala Dick Chaney. He was killed by a young man wearing clothes you can find on Snoop Dogg, carrying a handgun you can hear 50 rapping about, while committing a "Jack Move" you can hear Dr Dre rapping about.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 09:32 am
@Silverchild79,
I am sure Aaron has another account with which to read my reply so here it is...

42 %of all the crime committed by 20% of the population... you really proved your point there.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 06:12 am
@Silverchild79,
Taylor wasn't killed by anything like the KKK. The KKK hates and kills people for nothing more than the color of skin or the fact that one hangs with the focus of their hate.

Thugs or gangsta's, on the other hand kill for more lofty reasons such as hatred of success in a cracker system. Hip Hop society produces cold blooded killers who think nothing of killing for the most trivial of reasons. A look will get you killed. Hell, Sean Taylor may have looked one of his assailants in the eye, provoking them into the assault.
Hip Hop society, the gravest danger to the continued advancement of America's progress is a product of Afro-America.
America did overcome the disease that was the KKK. Possibly it can overcome the effects of Hip Hop. However the KKK was never embraced by the youth and the media as the filth of hip hop has been.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 08:33 am
@Silverchild79,
So what you are saying is the KKK is better than hip hop society, because they kill with a reason as opposed to randomly for "trivial reasons"
g-man

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 10:44 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;48773 wrote:
So what you are saying is the KKK is better than hip hop society, because they kill with a reason as opposed to randomly for "trivial reasons"

Is that what you saw in my statement? The KKK killed with a reason. It simply was no better than the reasons hip hoppers kill for.

Pay attention. How could one be better than the other?
Killing someone for the color of their skin? Or for casting a look?
The KKK has at least diminished in power and effect, suggesting the nation has realized the absurdity of the goals of the KKK.
On the other hand, the media and the youth of America have embraced hip hop society with the full understanding that violence and murder are perpetrated often. Edged on by lyrics in songs.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 10:23 am
@g-man,
g-man;49085 wrote:
Is that what you saw in my statement? The KKK killed with a reason. It simply was no better than the reasons hip hoppers kill for.

Pay attention. How could one be better than the other?
Killing someone for the color of their skin? Or for casting a look?
The KKK has at least diminished in power and effect, suggesting the nation has realized the absurdity of the goals of the KKK.
On the other hand, the media and the youth of America have embraced hip hop society with the full understanding that violence and murder are perpetrated often. Edged on by lyrics in songs.

Look at any highschool in the country who still have a mascot called THE DRAGONS... 9 times out of ten that school was built by fundeing from the KKK They unfortunately are still alive and well.
g-man

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 07:17 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;49118 wrote:
Look at any highschool in the country who still have a mascot called THE DRAGONS... 9 times out of ten that school was built by fundeing from the KKK They unfortunately are still alive and well.

Yes, they are likely alive, but not embraced as is the trash presented by the hip hop society. Why?
The difference is slight. The KKK unabashedly decries and any non-white race.
Hip Hop slams anything to do with authority and disrespects women and amazingly is embraced by women. Except intelligent women.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 04:35 pm
@Silverchild79,
Because its cool to be black
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 09:37 am
@Silverchild79,
IMO blacks don't think that?
rugonnacry

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 10:07 am