Dynamic Metatags on my forum

Stefano

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:45 pm
Hello Craven and everybody,

I need to make my board metatags dynamic like this. In particular, the "description" and "keywords" metatags.

Which mod could you suggest to me? I've a phpbb 2.0.4 version.

Thank you,

Regards Stefano
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,519 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:53 pm
netclectic wrote some code that gives dynamic meta tags but he made it work only for Google.since Google's support for meta tags is minimal it makes little difference.

In a future update of my SEO mod I will add dynamic meta tags but where will the keywords come from?

What I'd do is just use the topic title for both the description and the key words. Unless you add a new field to the database for threads in which keywords or meta tag data is stored there is no other place to get the keywords.

In any case I plan to address this with a future release of my mod.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:55 pm
Yeah, those metatags that just flop around and doze off are a bitch, aren't they Craven?
0 Replies

khisanthax

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 06:02 pm
I was thinking about this, the keywords could come from the table that keeps a list of all the words and you can add an excluded word column to exclude specific words and letter sizes to choose from to include.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 06:03 pm
Thing is, I'd not even bother with the keywords tag. Google completely ignores it, as does most search engines.

So what you want is a description tag. Ideally it would be an additional field in the new post form, But if I were to pull it from existing phpBB data I'd just use the topic title.
0 Replies