The Beggining of the end for Social Security

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:47 am
FOXNews.com - First Baby Boomer Files For Social Security Benefits - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

after years of mismanagement & outright stealing money from it to fund other causes, the Baby Boomers will now begin collecting social security.

I don't fault them, they did pay into it, but on their watch they also poisoned it by constantly failing to protect the money that goes into it. It is safe to say the Crash will be on within the next 30 years and by the time the majority of us want our social security, it just won't be there...

Privatization would have helped, but it was shot down. God forbid social security funds should go to those who actually put money into it.

what now?

I've been kicking this idea around for years. What do you think about starting a non profit orginazation. The idea is to file a class action lawsuit against the federal government the moment the first American is denied retirement benefits? you like?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,401 • Replies: 7
No top replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:06 am
@Silverchild79,
It too late for me now, but you have a good idea..
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:25 am
@Silverchild79,
class action to do what? get money from them that doesn't exist?

the best thing you can do is fend for your self. invest invest invest. save save save.
if you don't have a million in savings RIGHT NOW, you probably can't retire at 65 (if you plan to live to about 85)

by the time Cam and i are ready for retirement, it's going to be closer to 3 million, assuming 3% annual inflation.

even if your house is paid off, and you have no debt,
you still need about 500/month for property taxes (maybe less down south), 400/month for food, 200-500 a month for fuel/heating (will vary greatly depending on where you live), and so on. it hits 2-3k a month easily, and that's with no debt.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:32 am
@Silverchild79,
I put 6% into a 401K which is matched by my company

Public officials have liability insurance, which protects them if they are sued within the performance of their duties

that's the idea, remember senators retain full pay until death. There's plenty to go after
0 Replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:33 am
@briansol,
briansol;41903 wrote:

the best thing you can do is fend for your self. invest invest invest. save save save.
if you don't have a million in savings RIGHT NOW, you probably can't retire at 65 (if you plan to live to about 85)

by the time Cam and i are ready for retirement, it's going to be closer to 3 million, assuming 3% annual inflation.

you still need about 500/month for property taxes (maybe less down south), 400/month for food, 200-500 a month for fuel/heating (will vary greatly depending on where you live), and so on. it hits 2-3k a month easily, and that's with no debt.
it's going to be worst than that, if the illegals get their way, they be drawing off it ,without paying for it...
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:34 am
@Silverchild79,
very true, thanks for the reminder. I have added the government of Mexico to my suit
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:38 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41912 wrote:
very true, thanks for the reminder. I have added the government of Mexico to my suit
LOL, good luck, Mexico has never be made to obey the rules yet..
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:53 pm
@briansol,
Great posts. And seems each agree to some degree. BUT.....
Just make sure your envestments don't support the destruction of other countries. Divest For Darfur | Divest For Darfur

briansol;41903 wrote:

0 Replies