the hypocrisy of PETA

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 11:58 am
"hey I have an Idea, let's have Vick do a Commercial!"

wow, well it's a guy who really doesn't care abut animals doing a commercal for a group of people who really doesn't care about animals so I guess that works

FOXNews.com - Michael Vick Completes Animal Rights Class, to Appear in PSA for PETA - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,626 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Freeman15

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 01:24 pm
@Silverchild79,
I'm all for treating animals with respect, but PETA goes too far. If man wasn't meant to eat animals, animals would be harder to kill. Oh, and Vick is a piece of ****.
ImpyGirl

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
I have never cared one way or the other about PETA but this turns my indifference into dislike.
What kind of animal rights activists would want to have any association with Michael Vick?!
Now I can understand why my boyfriend hates PETA so much...
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:43 pm
@ImpyGirl,
ImpyGirl;48523 wrote:
I have never cared one way or the other about PETA but this turns my indifference into dislike.
What kind of animal rights activists would want to have any association with Michael Vick?!
Now I can understand why my boyfriend hates PETA so much...

Another newbie! Welcome ImpyGirl - do I take it that you are young, unmarried and still in school? It's all in front of you.

On topic - PETA - Pain En The Ass. If God had not intended us to eat animals he wouldn't have made filet mignon taste so good.
0 Replies

ImpyGirl

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:05 pm
@Silverchild79,
Yes, yes, and yes. Thanks socalgolfguy. Smile
And I totally agree!
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:14 pm
@ImpyGirl,
ImpyGirl;48534 wrote:
Yes, yes, and yes. Thanks socalgolfguy. Smile
And I totally agree!

So, you're not a veggie or vegan? Tell me you don't enjoy a big juicy burger at least once a week and love leather bags and shoes...
0 Replies

ImpyGirl

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Haha, big juicy burgers are my favorite and I have nothing against leather except for the fact that I can't afford it! :-P
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:29 pm
@ImpyGirl,
ImpyGirl;48545 wrote:
Haha, big juicy burgers are my favorite and I have nothing against leather except for the fact that I can't afford it! :-P

One of my interests is ownership in a women's handbag company.....
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:25 am
@Silverchild79,
Welcome Impy Girl... I accept nudes in my private mail
0 Replies

ImpyGirl

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 10:48 am
@Silverchild79,
Good to know ruggonnacry.
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 11:02 am
@ImpyGirl,
ImpyGirl;48845 wrote:
Good to know ruggonnacry.

Most are of himself....
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 03:26 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40268 wrote:
I'm all for treating animals with respect, but PETA goes too far. If man wasn't meant to eat animals, animals would be harder to kill. Oh, and Vick is a piece of ****.

If man wasn't supposed to eat animals, we really wouldn't be able to digest them.

Of course, if we REALLY weren't supposed to eat animals, they wouldn't taste so damn good :peace:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:32 pm
@Sabz5150,
20% of my diet is meat and the other 80% is pizza (with meat), in fact i only drink grease and blood, water is for pussies!

so yeah Very Happy
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:06 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
I would have to express some level of support for PETA. They are much more legitimate then any other animal protection agency in any society. In fact, My new Superior thread on the RSPCA does reveal some of the Forbidden Truth on the matter of animals.

Animals rights are more important than human, because they are morally Superior. There is no natural precedent for the current genocide and exploitation of Superior animals, such as chickens.

If man wasn't supposed to eat animals, we really wouldn't be able to digest them. Of course, if we REALLY weren't supposed to eat animals, they wouldn't taste so damn good

How can man be supposed to do anything since there is no god?
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 11:21 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;68033 wrote:
How can man be supposed to do anything since there is no god?

Because regardless of everything else, there are things we must do in order to stay alive. Eating is one of them. Its that or die and death is not a good way to propegate a species.

We're supposed to eat, drink, breathe, sleep and sow the oats. Everything else is up in the air.
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 01:52 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;68183 wrote:
Because regardless of everything else, there are things we must do in order to stay alive. Eating is one of them. Its that or die and death is not a good way to propegate a species.

We're supposed to eat, drink, breathe, sleep and sow the oats. Everything else is up in the air.

The key words here are "supposed to". Who supposes so? While it is True that the individual must eat foods (and I do not suggest that the individual refrain from eating meat), the manner and scale at which humans do so is the problem. Society is the faucilitator of the problem, and the individual is not responsible.

Humans are "off the leash" as far as natural and evolutionary checks are concerned. Further, many forms of animal cruelty and murder are nothing to do with the need for food.

PETA, although virtually it's members are not ultimately motivated by the need to help animals, does not deserve to be collectively labelled in a negative fashion for thier ideals. Only in a sick and lie-based human society that indoctrinates its citizen-slave with the idea that animals are worthless fodder would an ideals such as those expressed by PETA be considered unreasonable.
0 Replies