http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/Silverchild79/house1.jpg

House #1 A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by
natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest
house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more
energy than the average American household does in a year. The
average bill for electricity and natural gas runs ove r $2400. In
natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the
national average for an American home. This house is not situated
in a Northern or Midwestern "snow belt" area. It's in the South.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/Silverchild79/house2.jpg

House #2 Designed by an architecture professor at a
leading national university. This house incorporates every< BR>"green" feature current home construction can provide. The house is
4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the
American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal
heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the
ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in the winter
and cools it in the summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or
natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a
conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected
and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from
showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then
into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land
surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area
enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville , Tennessee ; it is the abode of the "environmentalist" Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford , Texas ; it is the residence the of the President of the United States , George W. Bush.

It seems Mr Gore wants you to use less fossil fuels because he needs them
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,672 • Replies: 23
No top replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
Where's our global warming posters on this one?
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:35 pm
@Silverchild79,
Wow cool, blew Gores ass right out of the water. What a jerk, Al should be eaten by polar bears.:439:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:41 pm
@Silverchild79,
Gore, while being on the fanatical fringe of the global warming possibilities, has some good points about how we should conserve and get off of fossil fuels. But in practice he's a complete hypocrite...
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;33358 wrote:
Gore, while being on the fanatical fringe of the global warming possibilities, has some good points about how we should conserve and get off of fossil fuels. But in practice he's a complete hypocrite...

Suffice it to say, that he can afford to live in luxury...if you can afford lobster, why not have it...if you can only afford tuna, try to enjoy it.
Sadly, "the end" will probably split among those who have money and can afford to hold out, and those that don't who will succumb to the winds that will blow.
briansol

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:27 pm
@Silverchild79,
i think that he WOULD convert his home to a more renewable resource, if it was practical and available.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
He has enough money to utilize the available modern home energy efficient applications. Solar, ground heat collecters, wind power, self cleaning water system good for 5 years without new water.
If I could afford to build a new house it would be completely self sustaining and I could sell my power as apposed to buying it, all the tech. is there right now to do it.
Someday I will be able to build a compound gaurded by Great Danes and lots of guns, guns, more guns and a shooting range ha ha ha... oh wait back to reality.... ****.
He is a hypocrite big time!
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 04:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
seems Bush lives a lot like me.

hey when SHTF its the only way to be as self supporting as possible.

Never said Bush was a dummy.

A Bad president for sure.

But not a dummy
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 04:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
OMG - Go Cameron!! We want more! What else ya got?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 04:41 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33362 wrote:
Suffice it to say, that he can afford to live in luxury...if you can afford lobster, why not have it...if you can only afford tuna, try to enjoy it.
Sadly, "the end" will probably split among those who have money and can afford to hold out, and those that don't who will succumb to the winds that will blow.

I think you're missing the point, he flies around in a private jet which makes a ****-ton of green house gasses, then makes money speaking about how bad it is to pollute as his house burns as much natural gas as the Entire former Soviet block can produce in one day (slight exaggeration)

we get mad a pro athletes who tell kids to not do drugs then get busted with cocaine

we get mad at preachers who talk about sin and then get caught having an affair

we rightly do both these things because the above mentioned peoples (all three of them) make money from hypocrisy.

Saying "well he has the money" is unacceptable, would you say the same if Donald Trump started using his money to buy up low income housing and raise the rent? I mean after all, it's his business if he can afford it right?
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:43 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Saying "well he has the money" is unacceptable

...part of the problem...
Red cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:55 pm
@Silverchild79,
Global Warming is Al Bores biggest source of income, it's a cash cow for scientest who work as consultants. Remember in the eighties how we were in the NEW ICEAGE? Now pollution that's going to kill us for sure, dirty water, air and land those are real issues.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:47 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;33436 wrote:
...part of the problem...

Why socal, he should use his money and put it where his mouth is. Practice what he preaches so to speak.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:24 am
@Silverchild79,
I agree

Just like all these republican politicians and preachers who got in bed with the christian coalition during elections only to be caught, buying hookers, (some male, some female) stealing, selling their vote to lobbists, and in out right lies.

Hypocisy is hypocrisy.

In congress as he testified Al Gore was asked about his lavish energy using life style. His reply was that he buys carbon credits to off set his use.

Thats as hypocritical as Foley trying to have sex with male pages, while he bash's gays at the republican convention.

I think washington is full of hypocrites, on both sides of the isle.

The real issue should be , speeding the process of getting off fossil fuel as the main energy source for this country.

The quest for oil is what is fueling this war, and has been a problem for at least 5 decades.

Alternative fuels will allow us to tell the middle east to kiss our behinds, and improve the enviorment. Win / Win for everybody
tvsej

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:40 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33497 wrote:
I agree

Just like all these republican politicians and preachers who got in bed with the christian coalition during elections only to be caught, buying hookers, (some male, some female) stealing, selling their vote to lobbists, and in out right lies.

Hypocisy is hypocrisy.

In congress as he testified Al Gore was asked about his lavish energy using life style. His reply was that he buys carbon credits to off set his use.

Thats as hypocritical as Foley trying to have sex with male pages, while he bash's gays at the republican convention.

I think washington is full of hypocrites, on both sides of the isle.

The real issue should be , speeding the process of getting off fossil fuel as the main energy source for this country.

The quest for oil is what is fueling this war, and has been a problem for at least 5 decades.

Alternative fuels will allow us to tell the middle east to kiss our behinds, and improve the enviorment. Win / Win for everybody

Bravo!!!
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;33494 wrote:
Why socal, he should use his money and put it where his mouth is. Practice what he preaches so to speak.

Arrogance abounds. They could care less what we sheeple think. In their minds, we are all a bunch of retards anyway that need their "leadership" to survive.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:24 pm
@Silverchild79,
and that's the best reason not to elect a "big politican" there is

we should elect somebody with no time on Capitol Hill who has great experience

like a mayor :-)
tvsej

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;33545 wrote:
and that's the best reason not to elect a "big politican" there is

we should elect somebody with no time on Capitol Hill who has great experience

like a mayor :-)

Agreed on both points, silver.. and socal.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
So how do we take back our countries and make our elected leaders accountable? As it stands now there are days I shake my head and wonder where all the decent politicians went?
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 03:15 pm
@Red cv,
Red;33563 wrote:
So how do we take back our countries and make our elected leaders accountable? As it stands now there are days I shake my head and wonder where all the decent politicians went?

The country is fat, lazy, uneducated and un-motivated. We are in a downward spiral where our morality is stripped further and further away at every opportunity. Sure, take care of the lost, but for the group above, send them to a forced labor camp and teach them a worthwhile trade.