Black employer ordered to pay White worker 150K for racial slurs

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 11:27 am
FOXNews.com - White Man Awarded $150,000 in Racism Lawsuit - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Good for the judge, we're finally getting white people away from racism, now isn't the time for black people to pick it up
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
It's about F@^$en time.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 01:03 pm
@Silverchild79,
It's always bugged me that they hold to a different standard. It's good they might have to pay for once.

They started a hispanic soccer youth team here and made such a huge deal about it on tv. I thought we should start a caucasion youth soccer team and see the outcry that would be raised.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 01:47 pm
@Silverchild79,
This is horrible. The white guy is a joke and a pathetic lazy Bum.
Bums no matter what color should be mocked and ridiculed for all time.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 01:14 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;32540 wrote:
FOXNews.com - White Man Awarded $150,000 in Racism Lawsuit - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Good for the judge, we're finally getting white people away from racism, now isn't the time for black people to pick it up

The only reason is that it's "news"...is it doesn't happen that often, and is in fact "rare", while the reverse is "commonplace", hence, "not the news".
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 08:32 am
@Silverchild79,
Rarity is as often as you speak.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:40 am
@Silverchild79,
I would think that any racism on that level is "rare" when compared to the frequency it was occurring from 1600 to roughly 1970, but wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter what your melatonin concentration is.

I've seen a black good old boys power system at work in the military, it was just as ugly as any white racism I've ever witnessed. Maybe worse as they would victimize others then be the first to run to Equal Opportunity claiming they were the victims...
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 12:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;32660 wrote:
I would think that any racism on that level is "rare" when compared to the frequency it was occurring from 1600 to roughly 1970, but wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter what your melatonin concentration is.

I've seen a black good old boys power system at work in the military, it was just as ugly as any white racism I've ever witnessed. Maybe worse as they would victimize others then be the first to run to Equal Opportunity claiming they were the victims...

There are abusers on both sides of the fence....wrong is wrong.
But I'm sure you didn't get our of your bed, to picket and protest when you were privy to any injustices coming from "your side"...so, now, don't be so wiling as to point fingers at a "rare" occurrance , an clear example of racism exhibited by a black person against a white one, in a public arena.
The reprocussions from such pale in comparision to the endless examples of white on black racism. One man lost his job, unjustly, and you all, as expected, "overreact".
Slavery was an American institution, sanctioned by the government and the church, and far more people suffered much more than the "loss of a job".
It's hyperbole, to suggest otherwise. Damn!
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 01:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
Yep reverse discrimination is alive and well in Canada also, it's called "Affirmative Action". The color of one's skin has nothing to do with their ability to do the job, and it shouldn't be an issue. It's nice to see this issue is being dealth with.
0 Replies