Immigration Bills running out of gas?

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 12:33 pm
FOXNews.com - Senate Blocks Final Vote on Immigration Reform Bill - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

my prediction is that in the end they won't do anything. Changing the current situation hurts buisnesses that make money (save money) off of cheap labor.

That's why we have a billion dollars sitting in a bank account and nobody building a fence
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 991 • Replies: 15
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 12:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
To quote Pinoc, I hope they Smash'em hard!!!!

I can't believe the republicans got on that, and McCain should be removed from the GOP running for supporting it.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 12:39 pm
@Silverchild79,
I don't like the idea of amnesty but I've yet to see a plan on how we're going to play hide and go seek with 20 million people

but the fence needs to go up like yesterday
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 12:44 pm
@Silverchild79,
A "plan" isn't really nescessary. Put the fence up, boost Border Patrol, and arrest the fuckers that are here illegally and deport their ass, pretty simple really. It will take a while, and of course, not be 100% effective, but then again, we won't to do the same thing AND absorb 20 million criminals.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 12:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
whether they stay or go isn't really as import to me as how they effect socail security, I've seen some scary numbers

I don't see us hunting them down and deporting them though, they're too good for profit margins. Unfortunatly their bad for unemployment and quality of life for the middle class

more and more everything in this country is bad for the middle class
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
It's only a matter of time before we grant them all full amnesty. By 2050, the U.S. and Mexico will be one nation.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
[SIZE="7"]THE BILL WAS KILLED IN THE SENATE TONIGHT!!!!! WooowOOoooOOOOOOOO[/SIZE]
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:16 pm
@Silverchild79,
I'm guessing from your unenthusiastic language that you're pretty apathetic when it comes to the issue?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 10:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
Now we should get back to enforcing existing law with true conviction.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:01 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Now we should get back to enforcing existing law with true conviction.

Amen, Brother.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:15 pm
@Silverchild79,
Ditto!!!
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 06:08 am
@Silverchild79,
Couple of thoughts on the current immigration tragedy

Anyone who would knowingly commit fraud upon a nation will never be a good citizen of that nation. Those who do are in it for the short haul to take and run.

The argument amnesty proponents give is the cheap labor force - which is not cheap at all.

The businesses who pay cash to undocumented people thus avoiding paying taxes themselves are cheating the people who do pay workers' benefits and taxation - and the workers who pay taxes themselves.

The expense to the American people is found at another level - education, housing and medical care, bi-lingual accommodation in government, and alarmingly - incarceration time, for the undocumented workers, untold debt in real estate and trashing neighborhoods by those who have never had a home to pay for or operate knowledgeably... all of this 'saves us money'....???

Only the select few profit. This includes the Mexican government who count on the money sent home to the families there by the workers in the U.S. The Mexican government (I do not know about the other S.A. nations)... incorporate these funds as a line item in 'income' on their government annual budget - 'money received from international workers'. It saves the Mexican government from having to support a labor force they cannot provide work for.

So, the cheating businesses who employ these workers to 'save money' are actually costing the taxpayers in the U.S. more money than we can afford.

You buy on the cheap you are going to get shoddy performance.

And the government turns away from the truth, while holding back the people from all over the world who are trained and educated to hold good jobs and are doing the immigration dance legally.... while we continue to be flooded with illegals, having to sustain a totally bi-lingual government when the language is English - every government document is bi-lingual.....in Spanish... not the other languages of the many immigrants from other nations who have had to learn English to survive.

It would have been more advantageous for the U.S. corporations to develop Mexico's vast working force in manufacturing and assembly as well as more updated crop production to leave the people in their own nation, being able to support their families at home rather than breaking down the system in the U.S. Too late now - what narrow sighted planning this has become.

Now the activists are raising the Mexican Flags and taking over cities and the border has become a gateway to chaos - because the U.S. government allowed this sham of 'saving us money'.... to be the excuse for gaining favors.

There is no argument or excuse 'for' illegal migration ... wrong is wrong.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 09:58 am
@Silverchild79,
Wow.... well stated....agree 100%. Like I stated before, a group of workers did extensive landscaping on my backyard. Later, I found out they were from Guadalajara and took all the money they earned from me back to Mexico - stayed for a week, left the country with $50,000 US.
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 12:58 pm
@Silverchild79,
SoCal

The liars and jesters who come here to betray the trust of the people who employ them are making it more difficult for the real migrants who are following the law, doing the paperwork, taking out their cards and waiting in line.

The problem is the average citizen doesn't know the difference and would probably be sued if he ever tried to investigate their status.

I never thought I would be a racist in the classical term of categorizing a national group of people - but there you have it - it has become fact.

I blame Vicente Fox and all the rear end kissers who turned the other cheek ...
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 01:13 pm
@Silverchild79,
Skye

The workers I mentioned were not immigrants. They were here only to earn my money and return home with their pockets full. The most interesting point is the fact that the federal budget for Mexico has a line item for money earned in the US and sent back for use there. Vicente Fox is an aggressive lobbyist for his country. It's the weak willed politicians here that allow him to use us to pander to his wealthy Mexican cronies.
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 02:58 pm
@Silverchild79,
SoCal

I have heard it is a major industry near the border towns - coyote transportation - no wonder they object to the monitoring on the U.S. side.

Cuts off their funds.

It's all about money isn't it. Mexico has a slavery situation and wants to ship its slaves to the U.S. (sound familiar?). Again another slave trade.
0 Replies