poll to prove a point

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:41 pm
read through this thread:

http://www.conflictingviews.com/t2258/

who makes more valid points, backed up with evidence, etc, and at the end of the day, who do you agree with more?

Me, briansol or aaronsongs
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,590 • Replies: 14
No top replies

mlurp

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:23 pm
@briansol,
Only two choices? I got to do some reading on this to vote correctly. Or is the Me another hidden person?
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 12:04 pm
@briansol,
do they have to be VALID points? or just spouting ****?
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:43 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;42208 wrote:
do they have to be VALID points? or just spouting ****?

Well, Briansol...guess you won the poll.....LOL. Now what?
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 04:53 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;42257 wrote:
Well, Briansol...guess you won the poll.....LOL. Now what?

Now, you go away.

(Not really back, just checking in.... busy purchasing a golf course)
mlurp

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:15 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;42150 wrote:
Only two choices? I got to do some reading on this to vote correctly. Or is the Me another hidden person?

No answer no vote..
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:25 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;42262 wrote:
Now, you go away.

(Not really back, just checking in.... busy purchasing a golf course)

Oh, no you didn't! Don't come back in here creating problems...purchase your little golf course (how elitist!), and make sure you don't bogey. What's the bet most of your caddies are "darkies"?
Celerity

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 01:13 pm
@briansol,
From what I gathered, Aaron is more realistic. Brian is more literal.

The world isn't literal. It's realistic. Chances are HIGH, so high, infact that I would gladly accept them as truth, that a student did it as a racially charged action. Hate crime, well I don't believe in hate crimes (All violence is bourne of hate) but I do think this is racial.

There is MORE of a chance that this professor did it HIMSELF, to get attention. That's my personal feelings.
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 02:01 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;42270 wrote:
Oh, no you didn't! Don't come back in here creating problems...purchase your little golf course (how elitist!), and make sure you don't bogey. What's the bet most of your caddies are "darkies"?

One thing for certain, you'll never know.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 03:36 pm
@briansol,
Well we now the two votes aaron got were him and and the other boy from Scotland. Not only did he lose the battle but the war.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 08:36 pm
@Celerity,
Celerity;43101 wrote:
From what I gathered, Aaron is more realistic. Brian is more literal.

The world isn't literal. It's realistic. Chances are HIGH, so high, infact that I would gladly accept them as truth, that a student did it as a racially charged action. Hate crime, well I don't believe in hate crimes (All violence is bourne of hate) but I do think this is racial.

There is MORE of a chance that this professor did it HIMSELF, to get attention. That's my personal feelings.

Reality, I feel, is our "friend"....others lean toward fantasy, spin, and myopia.
I once lived in a fantasy world, but now I cling to the Earth, both feet, on the ground (most of the time).
I appreciate your endorsement and sentiment.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 08:38 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;43111 wrote:
One thing for certain, you'll never know.

Ask me if I care....I know you well enough to fill in the blanks. Typical.
Numpty

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 07:54 pm
@aaronssongs,
Your country is inherently racist, yet you hide it under the guise that it is a social problem.

I don't just mean white on black, but vice versa, until you all admit it is an issue you can't possibly hope to deal with it.

Incidently, I was in your country recently and witnessed it first hand. so no telling me I know jack **** about it,...I do!!
0 Replies

Celerity

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:50 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;43211 wrote:
Reality, I feel, is our "friend"....others lean toward fantasy, spin, and myopia.
I once lived in a fantasy world, but now I cling to the Earth, both feet, on the ground (most of the time).
I appreciate your endorsement and sentiment.

Reality, in it's lowest denominator, is still subjective to perception. Perception is very much a function of upbringing. Upbringing is significantly based on class and status.

Reality in it's purest form is perception alone, so that both arguments are valid. If reality were in any way objective, this forum wouldn't exist.

I, for one, believe that anyone that thinks liberally and votes democrat is completely insane. And I don't mean that as an insult, I believe in my core that anyone that thinks differently than I is flat-out wrong.

And I'm not alone. Everyone is like this. Anything outside of this model falls into "tolerance".

At the heart of the discussion is a perception issue that's clear - Brian thinks this noose has no symbolism because his perception has never crossed roads with racism (Compare: A New Englander has no exposure to illegal immigration problems). You see the symbolism clearly and view it as an attack on the color of the victim, again because you have no problem accepting this perception. I bring forth a completely INSANE 3rd viewpoint: College Professors are all deranged. And I think he did it himself in order to either make a point or garner attention for himself. I come to this conclusion because of my past experiences with college professors.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 11:44 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;43212 wrote:
Ask me if I care....I know you well enough to fill in the blanks. Typical.

You see, you do care. As much as you piss and moan, whine and complain, you are just a little child crying out for attention.
0 Replies