Christian Chaplain dismissed for praying.

Red cv

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 01:49 pm
This story left me speechless, a military Chaplain is quietly praying and he gets thrown out of the military and his replacement is a muslim Imam with ties to terrorism. Hello, is this PCness gone amok, appeasement to the extreme?

Christian Chaplain Dismissed; Muslim Chaplain Promoted
Bill Haymin

Bill has his P.H.D in self-education. It was necessary since his earlier public school education betrayed his potential to think and learn. He has overcome many obstacles through his faith and relationship with Jesus Christ, which has been the compelling factor in his life. He has been a Christian since 1973, and has spent the last 12 years applying his knowledge of the Bible to every area of culture and life. He is a life long student of history.

Bill Haymin
January 23, 2007
By Pastor Chuck Baldwin

January 23, 2007

NewsWithViews.com

Chaplain Lt. Gordon James Klingenschmitt has been court-martialed and dismissed from the U.S. Navy. His crime? Praying in Jesus' name in uniform outside a chapel. You read it right. After 15 1/2 years of exemplary service, Lt. Klingenschmitt is being drummed out of the Navy.
Understand that Klingenschmitt has a meritorious military record. He graduated from the Air Force Academy and spent 11 years as an Air Force missile officer. He was promoted to the rank of Major and was offered a job at the Pentagon at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. However, Klingenschmitt wanted to be a chaplain. As such, he willingly took a demotion in order to serve in the U.S. Navy as a chaplain at the rank of Lieutenant.

Chaplain Klingenschmitt served in the Persian Gulf. While there, he and his men won 6 awards, including Best in the Navy, for outstanding Community Service. But now this fine Christian man is being discharged. He is losing his career (not to mention a million-dollar pension) for the "crime" of praying in Jesus' name.

I recently interviewed Chaplain Klingenschmitt on my radio program and invite readers to listen.

Now, compare what the Navy has done to Lt. Klingenschmitt to this report from WorldNetDaily. "[T]he Pentagon recently promoted a Wahhabi-trained Muslim chaplain who catered to al-Qaida detainees at Guantanamo and fought to establish the first Mosque in Marine Corps history."
According to WND, "Deputy Defense Secretary Gordon England personally promoted Navy chaplain Abuhena Mohammed Saifulislam from lieutenant to lieutenant commander. Saifulislam also received a Joint Service Commendation Medal at the Pentagon ceremony held on the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Pentagon officials say the ceremony was unprecedented. 'It's unusual for a deputy secretary to personally promote an officer of that rank,' said one official who wished to go unnamed. 'No one has known of such a high-level dignitary doing that.'"

Furthermore, the WND report stated, "England also earlier this year personally dedicated a new Islamic center at Marine headquarters in Quantico, Va., on the advice of Saifulislam . . ."

Now get this: "The Muslim chaplain, who is stationed at Quantico, recited verses from the Quran in Arabic and English at the summer dedication ceremony, which included representatives from the Council on American-Islamic Relations, several leaders of which have been convicted on terrorism-related charges."

Yet, it gets worse. According to the WND report, "Saifulislam, which is Arabic for 'Sword of Islam,' received his religious training at a radical Islamic school raided by federal agents after 9/11." Terror expert Paul Sperry said, "The Pentagon is giving him a permanent, taxpayer-supported platform from which to convert grunts to Islam." He also said, "With the Quantico mosque, the Pentagon is facilitating the study of the holy text the enemy uses, heretically or not, as their manual of warfare."

This kind of idiocy is what happens when presidents and their subordinates become consumed with political correctness. Logic, common sense, character, and appreciation for truth are thrown out the window. And good men such as Lt. Klingenschmitt must bear the brunt of it all.

Readers should know that since Chaplain Klingenschmitt's dismissal, public outcry convinced the Pentagon to reverse its policy of punishing chaplains who pray in Jesus' name. Unfortunately, the decision is not being grandfathered back to Klingenschmitt's case, and he is still being drubbed out of the Navy.
If you listen to my interview with Lt. Klingenschmitt, you will immediately be aware that this is a good man, a fine Christian patriot who is being unjustly punished. He is not bitter. However, seeking to be reinstated, he has hired The Rutherford Institute to represent him in filing a lawsuit against the U.S. Navy. I urge my fellow Americans to pray that God will vindicate the good chaplain and that he will be restored to his former position and rank. You might want to let your congressman know of this injustice, as well. Chuck Baldwin Live and newspapers.

To learn more about his radio talk show please visit his web site at: Chuck Baldwin Live. When responding, please include your name, city and state.

E-mail: [email][email protected][/email]

By Bill Haymin, 2007
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,382 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 03:50 pm
@Red cv,
I have only one reaction to that, really: WTF IS WRONG WITH THEM?!?!?!?!?
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:17 pm
@Red cv,
I was intrigued by this story, so I called my brother who is a Colonel in the Marine Corps. My brother is currently at Camp Lejeune getting ready to take his troops on their third tour over in Iraq. Anyway, My brother is very well connected in the Marine Corps, having served as Military aid to the President and then on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He told me he checked into the story and as usual there is alot more to this story then what the media has reported. He would not elaborate, but he implied that the story as reported in the current context would qualify as a lie of omission.
Regardless of which side of the political fence you fall on, you must recognize the power of the media to manipulate a story to fit their agenda. This story is not an exception.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:55 am
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;10982 wrote:
I was intrigued by this story, so I called my brother who is a Colonel in the Marine Corps. My brother is currently at Camp Lejeune getting ready to take his troops on their third tour over in Iraq. Anyway, My brother is very well connected in the Marine Corps, having served as Military aid to the President and then on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He told me he checked into the story and as usual there is alot more to this story then what the media has reported. He would not elaborate, but he implied that the story as reported in the current context would qualify as a lie of omission.
Regardless of which side of the political fence you fall on, you must recognize the power of the media to manipulate a story to fit their agenda. This story is not an exception.

This may be true, but how bad can it be? Anyway, do you really think most news sources would manipulate a story to put Christians in a good light? I'm not talking about bias, this thing is naturally biased towards the chaplain, just the pressure that would be on them if the truth were exposed.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:51 pm
@Red cv,
Once the lawsuit starts the information will be available to the public, the Military admited it screwed up but made sure they left him out in the cold. I've no doubt this man will win the lawsuit. The Military is bending over backwards these days to attrack Muslims, not because they need them but to appease the Muslim community in the US. It's just more PCness and appeasement.
0 Replies

Ann cv

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 02:16 pm
@Red cv,
I loathe and detest PC as much as you all do, but, I do agree, the Media often reports without the full back up facts.

Ann
0 Replies

USA All The Way

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 10:27 am
@Red cv,
phomies baloniese
dem peeples shoods be shot up ands reel soon:dunno:
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 04:56 pm
@Red cv,
What should we shoots them up with USA?
Reagaknight

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 08:11 pm
@Red cv,
Red;11113 wrote:
What should we shoots them up with USA?

LOL, Red.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:53 am
@Red cv,
The military has rules and if you are not prepared to follow them then you might as well ETS and get a civillian job. Even if his protests are justified there are ways to combat policy that do not defy military regulations installed for a reason The military has a need and right to maintain peace and order in its ranks and one way of doing that is to set policy that protects the beliefs of all involved. Military chaplains are supposed to be able to perform services in any number of religions...they are there to minister to all faiths and ranks
He could have mobilized Christians of like mind into protesting the policy legally, had them send letters and brought a test case on with less severe consequences
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 12:02 pm
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;11126 wrote:
The military has rules and if you are not prepared to follow them then you might as well ETS and get a civillian job. Even if his protests are justified there are ways to combat policy that do not defy military regulations installed for a reason The military has a need and right to maintain peace and order in its ranks and one way of doing that is to set policy that protects the beliefs of all involved. Military chaplains are supposed to be able to perform services in any number of religions...they are there to minister to all faiths and ranks
He could have mobilized Christians of like mind into protesting the policy legally, had them send letters and brought a test case on with less severe consequences

Guess what, we have these other rules, it's called 'not violating someone's civil rights.'
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 05:51 pm
@Red cv,
The bloody man is a padre for heavens sake and he's not allowed to pray? Yet the Muslim Imam can lead the base in prayers? Hello this issue is about his "Rights being violated" period. As for Military Rules, I was an FandE for twenty years trust me I know the rules and frankly this entire issue smells like a chain of command run amok in PCness and appeasement. Someone was hoping to get promoted out of this boondoggle.

Note FandE means Family and effects like furniture, endearing terminology isn't it. The old FandE is over there.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 07:22 pm
@Red cv,
You give up some of your rights when you join the military. I know three years in the Army during peace time doesnlt qualify me for much and I don't pretend to be an expert and it is quite possible his superiors were idiots
Maybe they were dead wrong but certain kinds of actions are not an option while you wear the uniform and are on active duty. If he wanted to engage in it he should have taken a leave of abscene.
As I said there are ways even in the military to protest such policies. He could have gone public with his protests without violating military policy. For the record I would feel the same way if the Chaplain were Jewish or Muslim or Hindu or worhsipped Fred the God of Delineated Accounting. The military has rules for a reason and yes most of these rules would never be tolerated in civil society thats why I did not make the Army a career. I knew I couldn;t tolerate these rules forever, so I became a civillian again when my hitch was up.
However outside of a few boys being boys tricks like dodging the staff duty NCO when they were looking for volunteers to clean up the motor pool when I was there I obeyed the rules.
If they had abused this pastor or threw him in jail for no reason or tried to make him renounce his faith I would be the first to support his protest, but if you are going to be a soldier marine, airman or sailor you have to understand what you are getting into when you sign on the dotted line.
0 Replies