• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,044 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:08 am
@Dmizer,
interesting, I didn't know beef was that bad for the enviornment. I'm a chicken and fish kinda guy myself. Blacked Talopia FTW! I made some seet basil seared cod last night, freeking aweseome
0 Replies

NOOTRAC22

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:51 am
@Dmizer,
we could all do are part to save the environment and put corks up cows asses?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 04:06 am
@Dmizer,
We should find a way to collect all the methane gas that is a byproduct of digestion. It could be used as fuel.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 07:14 am
@Dmizer,
What i'm waiting for is some one to figure out how many people have to die to bring down the global temperature? The way i figure it, is if we cut down on industry to stop the process. What does that say for third world countrys who depend on our aid. OUr industrialization goes a long way to feed the world. 2% of Americans are into farming. That 2% manages to produce enough food for 300 million Americans and exports what remains to foreign land. Guess what happens to the foreigners if we are forced to cut down? Death anyone? Americans will be responcible for starving million all in the persuit to save itself? How humanitarian of us!
92b16vx

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 07:56 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;14724 wrote:
That 2% manages to produce enough food for 300 million Americans and exports what remains to foreign land. Guess what happens to the foreigners if we are forced to cut down? Death anyone? Americans will be responcible for starving million all in the persuit to save itself? How humanitarian of us!

Actually, that's kind of touched on in the article...

Quote:
Do they also disagree with Bjorn Lomborg, author of "The Skeptical Environmentalist"? He says: Compliance with Kyoto would reduce global warming by an amount too small to measure. But the cost of compliance just to the United States would be higher than the cost of providing the entire world with clean drinking water and sanitation, which would prevent 2 million deaths (from diseases such as infant diarrhea) a year and prevent half a billion people from becoming seriously ill each year.

But, GW isn't only an American problem, and if any of the measures taken against it were to actually succeed it wouldn't because of Americas pursuit to save itself.

Besides America could only benefit from the reduction in Big Macs it consumes...

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4853/eurovsamericavr5.jpg
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 08:22 am
@Dmizer,
I see Africa a desolate wasteland. Somebody has got to die? Since we have all the money and the food, looks like decision time, who first? And will it be the GW crowd caring out the orders? Or do they need a surrogate again?
If people need to die it think its more then fair they should carry it out? Al Gore never thought he was enlisting to be the hang man?
92b16vx

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 09:24 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;14731 wrote:
I see Africa a desolate wasteland. Somebody has got to die? Since we have all the money and the food, looks like decision time, who first? And will it be the GW crowd caring out the orders? Or do they need a surrogate again?
If people need to die it think its more then fair they should carry it out? Al Gore never thought he was enlisting to be the hang man?

I think the American people as a whole can blame themselves if something like the apocolyptic scenerio you are envisioning happens. Four Fast food resturaunts and gas stations on every corner. Americans, both liberal and conservitive, are part of a consumer nation like no other on planet earth. The amount of waste both in the production of our food, and post consumption is horrindous.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 05:30 pm
@Dmizer,
Man, do I love that photo.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 09:03 pm
@Dmizer,
Scumbucket Leftie: Tell us, Master Al Gore, AKA: CHITBAG ERECTUS, in what will all this GW junk you've been spouting culminate?

All Gore, AKA: CHITBAG ERECTUS: The seas will rise, the sky will fall, the bowels of the Earth will open and swallow us up. Fire will scour the land, sizzling all White children to a crisp. Blacks and all other minorities, including gays, will be safe, however, for they will have elected ME to some horsedungflung office, from which I shall protect them. VOTE FOR ME, CHITBAG ERECTUS GORE, NON-WHITES OF THE DEEP SOUTH!!!!!! I WILL RESCUE YOU ALL FROM THE EFFECTS OF GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!"

LONG LIVE CHITBAG GORE, THE VOLCANIC POLITICAL ERECTION! VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!:no:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 08:31 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;14734 wrote:
I think the American people as a whole can blame themselves if something like the apocolyptic scenerio you are envisioning happens. Four Fast food resturaunts and gas stations on every corner. Americans, both liberal and conservitive, are part of a consumer nation like no other on planet earth. The amount of waste both in the production of our food, and post consumption is horrindous.
The only thing for us to do is stock up and kill off a billion or so.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 09:49 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;14861 wrote:
The only thing for us to do is stock up and kill off a billion or so.

Or cut down on consumerism. People want **** instantly, no one apprectiates anything anymore. When I make a sandwich at my home, the waste totals a papertowel or napkin, and a soda can, if I go to Burger King you use gas, to buy a processed meal, and then have a paperbag, a couple boxes, a wax coated papercup, some wrappers, but hey, you didn't have to spend 30 seconds making it yourself. Granted, I have to use gas to get to the store once a week, but still. There doesn't need to be a mass movement headed by a polititian to help out, people just need to do a little part and it would add up real quick.

It's pretty misguided though to view stopping global warming as the democrats being responsible for killing the third world. IMO, they should get some independence anyway, if where you live can not sustain life...move. FAct is, we didn't put them there, we don't tell them to stay there, and any aid tehy receive from us is a charity. If they die with less help from us, than all we did was prolong the inevitable anyway.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 11:54 am
@Dmizer,
I am being a little sarcastic, but when an extreme idea gets extreme attention and extreme solutions, people have a habit of dieing.
0 Replies