Masters & slaves & their pets ..

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 03:24 pm
Welcome to A2K, urs!

And how many cats live with you? They can be very time consuming, yes?
But such a pleasure to have around! Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 04:42 pm
Thanks msolga!

Bigdice and myself live with two cats - Nisse and Mysan. And I just cleaned the litter box... But before that, Nisse, Mysan and I watched TV. How nice to share the sofa with these two darlings. Oh, I can hear them right now. No more love and friendship - they are fighting!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 06:17 pm
msolga, I've always liked that quote and think it applies for the most part. I know I'm my cat's slave and to tell you the truth, I like it. But don't tell her!
Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:50 pm
urs

What lovely names your cats have! .. Nisse & Mysan.
What do say when you call them for dinner? > "Puss, puss, puss ..." or is there a German version? I just imagined critter dinner-time, world-wide: They must called in a multitude of ways! Very Happy

Yes, cat company is ESSENTIAL when watching TV!

Chatoyant

We're slaves & we love it! What clever creatures they are, to convince us we're lucky in this arrangement!
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 12:47 am
I would gladly be Rupert's slave. He is SUCH a love.But--he's too much of a love to act lordly, or demanding. He IS an alpha male, and he was the alpha pup of his litter, so he is no pushover! But he has a soft spot for me, and is always very kindly and caring.If I actually do anything for him , like...making his breakfast or dinner, or picking up his poop when we're out on a walk, then Rupert will watch me with the concern of an adult for a child"Oh! I hope you can bend over OK! Oh! don't fall!"
Rupert guards the house fiercely. He goes about 87 pounds, so you can imagine his voice. But when he's out on his walk, he is so loving of any people who stop and greet him, loves people,and particularly children. Yet he will stand warily in front of me, should anyone approach me when we're out at night.THEN he's not very frienly!
It is said that the alpha dog goes through openings first. It's said that to maintain your acscendency, you should never let your dog go through a doorway or etc first. But, sinc the alpha dog also has to guard and essentially nursemaid the pack, I've always fostered Rupert being the alpha.
So I guess you could say I'm an intentional slave, with a VERRA benevelent master!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 10:14 am
msolga, what do you mean - call them for dinner? They call me to give them dinner. But for cats who are not always hungry, in German you'd say something like 'miez, miez, miez'.

Joan, that sounds absolutely great. I would love to meet Rupert! Smile
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 12:41 pm
msolga wrote:
We're slaves & we love it! What clever creatures they are, to convince us we're lucky in this arrangement!

I love that statement!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 12:48 pm
Yes, I'm afraid I don't understand this call for dinner thing. I just follow orders! Any time that I'm late home I get a very sound rollicking from the management. Preferred dinner time is about 5pm, so I'm in trouble every day Confused
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 03:59 pm
Good morning, cat slaves!

Just a quick message right now ...

Come to think of it, generally they TELL me, too, rather than me calling them! Very Happy
My 3 are off tomorrow night to stay with my trusty vet for a couple of days, as I shift house. Rolling Eyes
They already know something's up - I get followed around this house (I'm leaving) & 2 of them tried to sleep on top of me last night! I think my anxiety about meeting deadlines (AND turning the house upside-down) has well and truly comminucated itself to them!
Wish me & THEM luck as we wave you goodbye from here!
Now, into a busy, busy time! Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 04:03 pm
Good luck to YOU Msolga!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 04:09 pm
Thank you, dlowan. Believe me, I need all the luck & help I can get! Shocked
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 05:36 pm
Good luck msolga to you and your cats!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 08:00 pm
{{{{{msolga}}}}}
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 08:15 pm
URS53, Believe me when I say Rupert would LOVE to meet YOU! Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 11:09 am
Msolga, good luck and I do hope everything is going ok for you and the cats. It will not be easy for them.

Joan, if I'll ever be in the Philadelphia area again I will say hello to Rupert, I promise.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 04:41 am
Thank you all for your good wishes. Very nice of you!

Well, it's Sunday evening & I'm well & truly installed here, along with my 3 darlings. They DID NOT like being locked in last night, nor did they take well to the indignity of kitty litter. Embarrassed ... But they did the right thing because there was no other choice! Very Happy
I now have a cold, brought on by all the stress of moving, no doubt & THEY are sniffing, sniffing everything in sight! It was such a relief when they finally succumbed to their midday snooze & I could stop watching them anxiously for a few hours!

Ahhhhhhhhhh, what a blessed relief to have reached this point! Another early night for me tonight .... Bye!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 01:32 pm
MsOlga
Glad you've settled - it's such a traumatic thing, moving. I hope your new home is shaping up nicely, and we'll hang in for the descriptions. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 04:51 pm
margo

Traumatic? ... Emphatically so! Shocked
Relief? ... Absolutely! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 05:35 pm
ahhhh, good to see you installed in your new place with everyone. did everyone sleep well?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 04:23 am
Thanks for your good wishes, ehBeth. Much appreciated.

Sleep? Yes, the chief house-person sleeps VERY well each night (& at times during the day, like when I decide it might be a nice idea to stop & read the paper - instant ZZZZZZ! No choice.) but wish I could say the same for all my 3 fuzzy creatures .... Tuxedo Cat has taken to yodelling mournfully & loudly as soon as the lights go out each night. He doesn't take to change at all well! But he is adjusting ... slowly, slowly ...
My 18 year old is fine, taking it all in her stride like the wise trouper she is .... & my sweet grey cat has taken to spending the best part of each day in the wardrobe .... Heard him snoring up a storm this afternoon. Smile
0 Replies