• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,500 • Replies: 14
No top replies

z0z0

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:54 am
@z0z0,
Following the growth of the Femi-Nazi movement there was a clear drop in the birthrate of the First World Western Countries (Europe + North America).

Coincidence? Seems like women no longer want to be "females".
0 Replies

elfishmoonfeather

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:25 pm
@z0z0,
Sexist Pigs:

I ask you, If a boy (12-20) makes an inappropriate comment, the mother/father/adult says, "It's HORMONES"
If a girl (12-20) makes an inappropriate comment, the mother/father/adult says, "STOP IT, act more ladylike."

What, are we supposed to be able to control ourselves more than guys? Bullshit.

This is a typical example of sexism toward women, and without the feminism movement, we would be right back where we were, cooking and cleaning for the family.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:47 pm
@z0z0,
Quote:
What, are we supposed to be able to control ourselves more than guys?

You are the fairer sex. There is a big difference between a real Lady and a regular women. A lady carry's herself differently. When a gentleman holds the door for you, do you accept of do you demand your independence?
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:51 pm
@z0z0,
Feminism = Death of Chivalry

I open doors for people.
I hope that people open doors for me.

I do not open doors for women just because they are women.
I do not move chairs for women when they want to sit at a table.

Women can do whatever they want.

But ... they can never evade the fact they are FEMALES.

To tell you the truth I wish that I as a man could bear children.
0 Replies

elfishmoonfeather

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:38 pm
@z0z0,
I didn't say women had to be ladies or men had to be gentlemen. As regular men and women, they should not be treated any differently, except in sexuality.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:30 pm
@z0z0,
cynical, selfish and unnatural as an agenda and movement. Women do have,of course, basic human dignity in every instance, including the workforce and workplace. They have the same rights of self-actualization as anyone else. :headbang:
0 Replies

0Megabyte

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 05:59 pm
@z0z0,
How about this, can everyone agree to this?

Unlike in the not-so-golden past of humanity, or in many places, the not-so-golden present, let's not treat women as chattel.

Agree? Good, I thought you would.

Now, I have a feeling we would all agree women should be allowed, say, to vote, to own property, to be paid the same amount as men for the same jobs, to have their choice in professions, to go to college, believe what they desire, have kids when they desire, to marry who they desire, live where they desire, do the things they desire, worship as they desire, and, you know, be treated as first-class citizens.

Now, same as above for men, also. (What? I'm lazy, and said all those things once already. )

Is that fine with everyone? Everybody gets the same freedoms, etc? I figure everyone agrees with that, right? I'd imagine you do, but do tell me if you disagree.

Now, our society, naturally, has a bunch of problems. But can we agree that freedom and political equality?

I dunno about what was being said before, I don't really care about dialectics and whatnot. But are there any problems with what I listed? Yes or no?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:52 am
@z0z0,
No problems, but it might be easier to sumerize them maybe this: They have a right to Freedom, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:08 am
@z0z0,
As it says in the Constitution, Life, Liberty, and the persuit of Happyness.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 08:03 am
@z0z0,
geesh, I just find this type of writing a waste of energy, even to read it, and once l got the gist of it l stopped. I am a woman and have working in an industry where l have come across discrimination, heck my own father was a discriminator. I have reached this conclusion - we are all spiritual beings in vessels called our bodies. So black or white, male or female, we are all the same. I think that any movement for equal rights is valid, and important in shaping our world and evolving from the place of ignorance. There is always going to be those who take it to the enth degree and make 'ignorance' into more than it is.
It is simply ignorance that is programed into our minds that one physical appearance is better than another. That is all it is, because it has nothing to do with anger or shame or resentment. Those are all choices we make to react to an outside circumstance.
The simple truth is a spiritual one, not a physical one. So such a reaction as the one that started this thread is just ignorant of the truth.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:11 pm
@z0z0,
I think everyone has an equal chance, some just choose not to make something of it. That's what the orignal feminists and civil rights leaders were about, not these sloganeering "The white male is putting us down" 'civil rights activists.'
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:43 pm
@z0z0,
Equality is sadly not happening for women, however, their is no point giving ignorance attention...like everything in life that presents challenges, when their is unequality and the path is more difficult, then it makes a winner stronger and more determined.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:33 pm
@z0z0,
Well said , Tulip!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:39 pm
@z0z0,
I think it's all good and well to say that about some Islamic country under sharia-law, but there is mostly de jure equality in the West. You can never pound prejudices out of people's minds. It would be severe indoctrination. Unfornutately, it seems as tough we've tried to simply balance out the prejudice by having it on both sides, which has been a massive failure. You can only make stereotypes undesirable in the public forum, which we've done to a fault on one side but not at all on the other side.
0 Replies