[answered]SIGNATURE LINE "TOO LONG"?

Charli

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:11 am
Keep getting the message ". . . signature line too long" when I try to change it in my profile. The present SL in my profile is 136 characters, plus 17(? - or 19?) spaces. That's well under the stated 250-character limit. The Satchel Paige saying I would like to change to is 132 characters long (plus 20) spaces. Both of these counts include the x's, o's, commas, and dashes. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
[/color] Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,181 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:35 am
I strongly suspect you're adding code for links/colors/font size or that sorta thing. EVERY character in the signature is counted, not just the ones other people will see.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:42 am
I was going nuts with that. I could not change the time, or anything else in my profile, when we went back on to standard time because of the length of my sig. Shorten your sig, and everything will go back to normal.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:10 pm
The new one is shorter . . .
Thanks for your quick replies! I don't understand how the new one is shorter and can't replace the old one that's longer! How come is that? How many characters does "Dancing Charlie" account for? I don't always post him; it depends on the content of the Interaction. But I hate to Deep-Six him forever. Other times it has been possible to change the Satchel Paige saying. Thanks again![/color] Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:13 pm
Re: The new one is shorter . . .
Charli wrote:
I don't understand how the new one is shorter and can't replace the old one that's longer! How come is that?

The limit was reduced.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:47 pm
You don't get hit with the new limited character count restriction until you try to update your profile. If you never updated your profile again, you would be able to keep the longer signature line forever or until the rule changes to require immediate updates of all oversized signature lines.
0 Replies