The gate way drug?

mousy

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 12:42 pm
Obviously marijuana is not illegal because the government cares about our health- Far from it....Racism is behind that decision.

As most of us know virtually every job requires drug screening/ and random drug testing- And since pot remains in the system longer than most "hard" drugs people opt for drugs that leave the system swiftly ..Inadvertently making the drugs behind the gate more attractive?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,530 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 01:49 am
@mousy,
Are you saying it is fueled my racism today or it was outlawed due to racism in the 1920's?

If you are talking about the latter then I agree. If you think it is still being outlawed due to racism then I disagree 100%.
mousy

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 09:18 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;11141 wrote:
Are you saying it is fueled my racism today or it was outlawed due to racism in the 1920's?

Let me guess...white men were horrified the drugged out spooks would attack their pure white queens? Is this the reason for the outlaw?

Nevertheless, racism may have started it but now a market for harsher drugs beyond the gate has birthed from the illegalization and demonization of pot.
soooo evil spoken of is the weed that drugs made from products under the sink, meth, excasty, pills of all sorts become the hottest trends
While blacks may be the predominate users of pot ..whites teens in particular are the biggest consumers of meth and just about anything ele's money and connections can buy
As I mention before the illegalization of the weed is not due to the gov looking out for your health.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:23 am
@mousy,
It was outlawed because of economics. Marijuana is a versatile crop that can be formed into rope, clothing, even paper. There are wild marijuana plants growing all over Kansas from the days it was legal.
0 Replies

Ann cv

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 01:59 pm
@mousy,
There is also growing evidence to show it can provide much needed pain relief in certain conditions such as Multiple Slerosis. Ann
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 10:05 am
@mousy,
I know of a few people in this state that have prescriptions for the medication, i now thousands more that don't require one, LOL.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 10:25 am
@mousy,
What of the poppie plants in Afganistan? Has America confiscated them yet declared them weapons of mass destruction?Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 10:29 am
@mousy,
They try once they get over the border.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 10:34 am
@mousy,
mousey, once again, what has pot have to do with a persons skin colour? Please enlighten me, perhaps where you live is different from Canada. Here their is no difference, whit and black smoke pot for pain equally. Also in Britian black people are not discriminated against, am l right Ann?

Anyway, l can only talk about Canada and pain meds. Pot is not a good solution, because it leads to schizoprenia. I was involved with someone who had pain issues and vowed that the pot was necessary. They got a prescription, slowly but surely they would shut themselves away for days at a time. I have seen first hand the effects of this pain medication usage...and it is not pretty.

However, pain medications are also addictive. And Oxycocet is another medication that can create more of a problem than the initial problem it was suppose to solve.

All l know is that if you go on pain medication, at some point you have to wean yourself off of it, because long term it has consequences to other areas of your life and your system. But mariwana is rightly outlawed for a very good reason and prescribed very carefully for a very good reason, l can't understand why people would chose to take this drug otherwise, the side effects are long-lasting and can be devestating to the family and friends of the person who is doing it.

You can NEVER cure schitzoprenia. This is a side effect you can Never get rid of.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 10:37 am
@mousy,
Quote:
You can NEVER cure schitzoprenia. This is a side effect you can Never get rid of.

Never heard of that one before. Schitzo huh?
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 10:42 am
@mousy,
Yep, I know someone who went down that path and l found out myself first hand by the shrinks...it causes Schizoprenia. Imagine how many people in the psycho wards and on government assistance got their because of a drug habit? It also causes paranoid thoughts...very scary stuff. There are no studies on the effects of fertilizers and chemicals and the reaction of applying heat to increase their toxidity...
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 01:29 pm
@mousy,
I have read about the paranoia issues in reputable sources so I guess it must be true but honestly I have never seen it in anyone I knew who smoked the stuff and a lot of people do. I suspect it merely agravates an already existing problem. I personally do not smoke the stuff and do not approve of it personally but it hardly seems the threat that coke and other drugs are. I just think the time of law enforcement could be better spent on more serious problems and the money made by legalizing the stuff could bring in millions to the criminal justice and drug treatment system...
I knew a Karate teacher who lit up right before a class and then said a Christian prayer right afterward...He quit smoking because of his faith not because it did him any harm....
Okay that isn't common but you get the idea
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 07:22 pm
@mousy,
The paranoia is a psycological effect, caused not only by the THC present in marijuana, but also by stress. I personally know many people who have smoked pot their whole lives (myself included) and have no mental imbalance due to it. Unfortunatly research on canabis sativa (marijuana) is very hard to attain funding for, because of that the true effects have only been partially studied. One thing though has been proven, there is no quimical addiction to THC, because it is an acumulative effect, no tolerance is developed.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 12:26 am
@mousy,
makes sense to me. Like I said I dont smoke it but dont I find it any more morally questionable than drinking a fifth of JD either....
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:57 am
@mousy,
Quote:
I personally know many people who have smoked pot their whole lives (myself included) and have no mental imbalance due to it.

I'm of the very same opinion, if you know what i mean, LOL.
Might have to do a little search on this subject and see what i find. I've read alot of stuff on green chile(slang) and never heard anything about going schitzo.
0 Replies

mik60487

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:38 pm
@mousy,
If by "gate-way drug" is meant that substance used prior to the use or ingestation of another then would not tobacco or pepsi (high sugar content)
qualify and thus be suspect as the culprit and defiler of the innocent! Logically moralist who who race to prohibit one should be as anxious to protect us from those despoilers that contribute to our un-doing by putting risk health and longevity by increasing the prospect of death by cancer or diabetes.
0 Replies