Global Warming: Wisdom should dawn on the developed world!

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:51 am
The recent environmental warning released by UN has raised concern about the future of the world. India and other developing countries will suffer most if the developed countries do not take care of global well-being.

Will wisdom dawn on them?

Read the views of Dr. Ratan Bhattacharjee
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,035 • Replies: 8
No top replies

klyph

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:00 pm
@Amrita cv,
Global warming is real
Global warming is natural
Global warming is being exploited by unscrupulous political figures to promote their own agenda through fear
Scaring people to get them to do what you want is terrorism

Quote:
The concentration of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere today has not been exceeded in the last 420,000 years, and likely not in the last 20 million years.

Interesting, I wonder how the pre-mammalian life managed to measure CO2 concentrations and preserve their records for us. Dr. Ratan Bhattacharjee is a terrorist.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 03:08 pm
@klyph,
klyph;45990 wrote:
Global warming is real
Global warming is natural
Global warming is being exploited by unscrupulous political figures to promote their own agenda through fear
Scaring people to get them to do what you want is terrorism

Interesting, I wonder how the pre-mammalian life managed to measure CO2 concentrations and preserve their records for us. Dr. Ratan Bhattacharjee is a terrorist.

Yeah....and it'll kill us, or at least a lot of us. Even if the developed world cuts pollution, what about China and India? THEY ABSOLUTELY DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT.:eek:
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 03:32 pm
@Amrita cv,
I do not buy into all of the hype about global warming and such but if you are ever bored check out some of the green building projects. Some of it is pretty sweet and if you where ever going to build a house it would be pretty cool to use some of them. For example using old denim as insulation as apposed to fiberglass and using geothermal heat to help assist your water heaters and things like that.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 07:18 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;46021 wrote:
I do not buy into all of the hype about global warming and such but if you are ever bored check out some of the green building projects. Some of it is pretty sweet and if you where ever going to build a house it would be pretty cool to use some of them. For example using old denim as insulation as apposed to fiberglass and using geothermal heat to help assist your water heaters and things like that.

Yeah...knew a young contractor who was into 'green building', big time. He was interesting to listen to. Had some neat-sounding ideas about building adobe homes here in south Texas.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:53 pm
@Pinochet73,
The charts from Innconvenient truth of global temperature showing current temperature far above the natural cycles, some are begining to question the accuracy of this chart, i am still undecided!
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:08 pm
@Amrita cv,
A question not any anthropologic GW advocate can answer.

Can you show me one case where a weather event was out of it's own variable?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:12 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;46146 wrote:
A question not any anthropologic GW advocate can answer.

Can you show me one case where a weather event was out of it's own variable?

define variable.
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:36 pm
@Amrita cv,
You might need all of them to come up with one example.
0 Replies