What Does G.I. Joe Stand For?

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 07:44 am
IGN: What Does G.I. Joe Stand For?

August 24, 2007 - Who needs A Real American Hero? Not Paramount or Hasbro it seems. The studio's live-action feature film version of G.I. Joe will no longer revolve around a top-secret U.S. special forces team but rather an international operation.

In a follow-up to their confirmation that Stephen Sommers will direct G.I. Joe, Variety offers this new description of the team: "G.I. Joe is now a Brussels-based outfit that stands for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, an international co-ed force of operatives who use hi-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil organization headed by a double-crossing Scottish arms dealer. The property is closer in tone to X-Men and James Bond than a war film."

Wow. A Real Globally Integrated Hero! Can we assume that this "double-crossing Scottish arms dealer" is Destro since he was one in the comics? And does that mean there will be no Cobra Commander in it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,008 • Replies: 3
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 08:37 am
@Drnaline,
That's a crock of ****, they shouldn't even make the damn movie if they are going to make it like that. If they do, it should be marketed off a American toy.

Hollywood is so gay.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:09 am
@Drnaline,
LOL, don't i know it.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 11:03 am
@Drnaline,
WTF @ this movie. Based off the Cartoon or it can eat the peanuts from my sh!t
0 Replies