More on Writers' Folders

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:37 pm
I mistakenly thought one could post multiple writings for the folders on a single thread. Thanks to craven I am now ready to post it correctly.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,621 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Rae

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:47 pm
edgarblythe ~ are these orginal writings?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 11:27 pm
Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 11:33 pm
Rae
Yes they are.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 01:33 am
I don't have time to explain this (or to make the personal galleries) as I am moving this weekend to a new apartment.

But for the personal galleries I will need:

A bio (PM jes with this and she'll store it for me), I know you have already given this.

And I need you to post your work in separate topics (not a collection).

The artists need to post their work with individual topics with the image posted and not linked to.

I am not haggling over how I want this done, I will explain why in a quick way here:

I am not going to move or convert galleries. What I am going to do is use code I have to fetch topics by a certain author in a certain forum.

So your gallery page would show a list of poems or art with links to the comments on it. It would do this by only fetching topics made by you in a particular forum.

This is why I have refused to post people's work for them (because it would break my search string when I make their gallery).

So in short, if you want a gallery:

Post your work in the correct forums with each work being it's own topic.

If it's art do not link to it but use the post image function.

And then send a bio.

If you do these things it will take me all of 2 minutes to make a gallery for you that will automatically update.

Any other way would mean an amount of work and lack of automation that wuld preclude galleries alltogether.

I'm not picking on edgar here I just don't want all the artists and writers to waste their time thinking I am going to convert their work into galleries. I already have the code for their galleries ready and all they need to do is post their work in individual topics and send a bio. Once I make a page (and if they did their part this will literally take me 3 minutes) they have a permanent gallery that can be automatically updated.

I don't have time to do galleries in earnest so I will make 2 galleries before I leave (Asherman and Edgar since they have already sent bios).

I'll do Asherman's writing gallery in a minute (not the art because he is waiting for it to be moved while he needs to post the art to the art forum).

Edgar, if you repost these poems as separate topics it would take me just a minute to make your page.

I'll post a link to Asherman's gallery in a few seconds.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 01:37 am
http://www.able2know.com/gallery/asherman.php

That's the first example gallery. I will do one for you too edgar if you can get these in individual topics tonight (I'm going offline this weekend for a few weeks).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 07:33 am
Thank you craven. Now that I understand I will work to comply.
0 Replies