Sexual intercourse: How long should it take?

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:40 pm
yeppers - that sure hit me in the eye.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:41 pm
Mayhap they are women who'd not climaxed at all and thought so only because the dude was done huffing and puffin'.

<shrugs>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:42 pm
Yes, the women's climax info, for one. Age at first intercourse and numbers of those who had premarital sex both seemed off to me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:43 pm
craven, are you suggesting that we don't know what a climax feels like?

Is he serious?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:46 pm
Nope, I'm suggesting that women who have not climaxed don't, and that the occurance of such cases (women who had not experienced climax) was more frequent in the past when perfuctory sex was more common.

But it was not meant seriously. I do not think that the 22.8% is comprised of "never-had-the-O"s.

But I betcha some of them are.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:47 pm
not many, I'd guess.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:48 pm
You'd probably be surprised at the statistics on women who admittedly have never climaxed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:51 pm
not for lack of trying. I dunno Craven. I think that there are some women who can't climax, but I don't think the number's very high. Anyway, we're talking about the climax in under 2 minutes. Even if you couldn't climax, I think you'd know that you couldn't therefor knowing that your weren't.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:53 pm
Yep - Craven is right about the never climaxed.

I actually wondered if the women thought the researchers meant when the MALE reached climax - but I doubt it.

Maybe we are just way more inhibited and hung-up than our mummies and grannies? Or maybe our daddies and grand-pas were MUCH better at this than we ever thought? heehee....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:00 pm
I had one gf who was truly multi-orgasmic. We'd have sex for hours and she'd literally have dozens of orgasms. It was pretty incredible. In my experience this is definitely an exception to the rule. But even she took longer than two minutes to get the first one out of the way. Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:00 pm
Merck says 10% of all women don't reach climax even given adequate stimulation. More than I would have thought.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:01 pm
lil'k,

Without going into depth, the scientific consensus is that the majority of women have great difficulty climaxing without clitoral stimulation.

The majority of women have great difficulty climaxing from penile-vaginal intercourse alone. I knew one, she said she'd never had an orgasm in her life and what finally did it for her was a blindfold and direct clitoral stimulation.

Since the clitoris has only recently been openly discussed I wonder if in the past there were a larger number of women who'd never climaxed.

I am dead serious about there being a whole heck of a lot of women who've never climaxed, and a heck of a lot who think they may have but who aren't sure.

Now I personally don't like the whole blame game, in which each sex tries to fault the other.

I personally think that in a cruel irony penile-vaginal intercourse is flawed in that it doesn't work for a great deal of women and they require additional methods and such.

A pity only because such extra-curricular methods are not accepted by some. A woman who has difficulty climaxing through penile-vaginal intercourse but who has a hangup about oral sex (or whose partner does) is missing out of a lot of fun.

What's really sad is what you just said, that even if done right some women don't climax.

It's one of nature's cruelties, that men will climax more easily than women.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:08 pm
I agree that standard sex is inefficient at giving most women orgasms.

I agree that it's a pity that clitoral stimulation is over-looked by many people, if that's the case, I've rarely run into a man who hasn't had the utmost interest in er helping me to that point.

Anyway. I know that that study, linked to by Monger, is a long-lived and oft-referenced piece of work. I'm not saying I think the whole bunch of data is bunk, just that it seems a teeny tiny bit out-dated.

There are more than two ways to skin a cat, Craven. And, it's not just the clitoris stimulation that does the job.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:10 pm
To be sure.

I just wonder if in this day and age we know more ways to.. um.. "skin a cat".
I guess we were wondering the same thing. I was wondering how much of that data is outdated as well, a relic of a more puritanical time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:12 pm
Yep. hehe
Ok, PsychToday says that 10-15% of all women experience Female Orgasmic Disorder. Another 30-50% experience orgasm infrequency. Of all this, they say that 90% of all cases are psychologically based. What a shame!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:16 pm
Very sad. I've made it my mission to eradicate it.

I know, I know, I'm noble like that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:18 pm
Hmmm - there are reasonable treatments - but I guess you have to be comfortable enough to seek them out.

Or find a partner you can relax enough with, and who is dedicated enough, to help you get through it.

Or take yourself firmly in hand, as it were!

Problem is, once you are trying to have an orgasm, this can add great pressure to the anxiety that is getting in the way in the first place!

This is why a lot of treatment methods stress stopping coitus for a while, and initially specifically NOT trying for the orgasm.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:20 pm
That's a lot of pressure Craven - I pray you do not buckle under the strain!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:26 pm
As a Sensitive New Agey sort of Guy, I always turn the bedside clock-radio around so she won't be keeping an eye on the actual time taken.

Then it's off to the pub to tell all me mates!!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:31 pm
Dlowan, I imagine that it would be best for most woman to take things into their own hands, get to know themselves and then go from there.
0 Replies