The Democrats' Gun Owner-Bashing YouTube Moment

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 09:02 am
Townhall.com::The Democrats' Gun Owner-Bashing YouTube Moment::By Michelle Malkin

Sen. Joe Biden is the embodiment of snide. Snide is the embodiment of the left-wing attitude toward gun owners. So when snide Joe Biden confronted a YouTube user who asked Democrat presidential candidates about gun control during a debate Monday night, what unfolded was a Teachable YouTube Moment -- the caught-on-tape embodiment of ideological snideness toward the Second Amendment and those who defend it.

"Good evening, America. My name is Jered Townsend from Clio, Michigan," the YouTube citizen questioner began. "To all the candidates, tell me your position on gun control, as myself and other Americans really want to know if our babies are safe." Townsend then pulled out his Bushmaster AR-15. "This is my 'baby,' purchased under the 1994 gun ban. Please tell me your views. Thank you."

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson was asked to respond first. CNN host Anderson Cooper noted that Richardson has "one of the highest NRA ratings." Richardson ran so fast from his record, you could see the Road Runner puff of cartoon smoke billowing at the base of his podium. "The issue here, I believe, is instant background checks," he sputtered. "Nobody who has a criminal background or is mentally ill should be able to get a weapon." Richardson babbled for a few more painful seconds about "attacking poverty, bringing people together, dealing with those kids in the ghettos that are heavy users of gun violence," while the liberals in the audience sat stone-cold silent.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,054 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 10:39 am
@Drnaline,
Biden is a smart, decent dude on the wrong side, fighting for wrong causes. I wish he'd wake up and join the Republicans.:no:
0 Replies