Chuck one up for the good guys! SCOTUS

Drnaline

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:19 am
@Drnaline,
FOXNews.com - Bush Faith-Based Office Victorious at Supreme Court - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:27 am
@Drnaline,
crazy, the american public's voive silenced by the government they elected
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:30 am
@Drnaline,
There voice hasn't been stiffled, they just cannot challenge it in court.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:27 am
@Drnaline,
Bushs legacy is going to be how he destroyed America. Between Iraq, and our foriegn policy, immigration, and this BS, he is going to be known as the most unconstitutional president ever. He should be impeached and tried for treason.
0 Replies

One Man Clan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:35 am
@Drnaline,
I don't care what they're going to spend it on, if they can't get the dough from donations, maybe they shouldn't be in that business?

They could try a more honest trade, like selling used cars.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:38 am
@Drnaline,
yup, if the Church can't generate their own fund it's not the governments business to subsidize them
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 12:44 pm
@Drnaline,
But, if our culture becomes decadent, degenerative and obviously caught up in a process of slow suicide, Christians must mobilize to rescue it. Dammit. This country was founded by Christians. Its leading immigrant population is Christian (Hispanics). Almost 80% of its population identifies itself as Christian. THEREFORE, if it begins to go to Hell in a hand-basket, we Christians must save it. History and God gives us that right and obligation.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 12:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;23727 wrote:
yup, if the Church can't generate their own fund it's not the governments business to subsidize them
Tell that to all the people on welfare. I guess you could say now it's none of your business?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:17 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23738 wrote:
Tell that to all the people on welfare. I guess you could say now it's none of your business?

Poor people are not an organization. On the note of welfare, we should cut off half those fuckers too. I know, we can give them the jobs the illegals are taking, you know, the "jobs no American wants", if they don't want to do them, than no check.
One Man Clan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:27 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;23737 wrote:
But, if our culture becomes decadent, degenerative and obviously caught up in a process of slow suicide, Christians must mobilize to rescue it. Dammit. This country was founded by Christians. Its leading immigrant population is Christian (Hispanics). Almost 80% of its population identifies itself as Christian. THEREFORE, if it begins to go to Hell in a hand-basket, we Christians must save it. History and God gives us that right and obligation.

No, it's not your responsibility to force everyone to adhere to your superstitious ways.

You shouldn't try to "save" it, you're going to continue killing it, slowly.

You remember the abortion debate?

Tell me, why did the right lose that one?

Hmm, maybe because we handed it over for the Superstition Society to handle, and they botched it.

We should have left it in the hands of rational people.

This will continue happening until the Christian right is destroyed, and the sad thing? The country will move further and further left (which means not only hitting rock bottom, but chewing it's way with it's gums to Hell), alienated by the Superstitious Society, if not moved even further left on some issues BY them (I consider the loss of freedom to be leftist).
0 Replies

One Man Clan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:27 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;23747 wrote:
Poor people are not an organization. On the note of welfare, we should cut off half those ***ers too. I know, we can give them the jobs the illegals are taking, you know, the "jobs no American wants", if they don't want to do them, than no check.

Half of 'em?

All of 'em.

And yes, they're very much an organization. I like to call them "Democrat Voters".
One Man Clan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:29 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23738 wrote:

Only if I want it to be my business.

The government shouldn't be coming to me with their guns to gather funds, nor anyone else.

If charities can't amass the money on their own, then perphaps they're in the wrong business as well.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 02:37 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23738 wrote:

your logic isn't

if it's wrong to do it once, it's certainly wrong to do it twice, saying

"well they're doing it so why can't we?", only exacerbates the problem
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;23677 wrote:
it is implied obligation, nowhere was it installed as part of religion in law, neither should it be today

the founding fathers would cry out over this, they opposed income tax period, let alone using it to fund religion

The founding fathers also lived in the 18th and early 19th centuries.
One Man Clan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:31 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;23774 wrote:
The founding fathers also lived in the 18th and early 19th centuries.

And regardless, they were correct.

I'm not responsible for some Church of Superstition, and certainly shouldn't be forced to give it money.

I'm not responsible for some farmer who can't produce enough money to feed his family, and certainly shouldn't be forced to give him money.

I'm not responsible for some immigrant working in the fields, and certainly shouldn't be forced to give him money.

I am responsible for raising any children I bring into this world, and should be prepared to give them money until they are of age.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:52 pm
@Drnaline,
exactly, I've heard you say "the founding fathers this and that" whenever it supports your argument, you can't say "Well that was then" when it does not.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:53 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;23747 wrote:
Poor people are not an organization. On the note of welfare, we should cut off half those fuckers too. I know, we can give them the jobs the illegals are taking, you know, the "jobs no American wants", if they don't want to do them, than no check.
I think we should cut them all off. Funny when the hand that feeds you leaves we tend to try and feed ourselves.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:54 am
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;23757 wrote:
Half of 'em?

All of 'em.

And yes, they're very much an organization. I like to call them "Democrat Voters".
I'd say the same thing, LOL.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:56 am
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;23758 wrote:
Only if I want it to be my business.

The government shouldn't be coming to me with their guns to gather funds, nor anyone else.

If charities can't amass the money on their own, then perphaps they're in the wrong business as well.
As of yesterday the point is moot. I imagine it will be a long time before SCOTUS revisits this, if they ever do.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:57 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;23768 wrote:
your logic isn't

if it's wrong to do it once, it's certainly wrong to do it twice, saying

"well they're doing it so why can't we?", only exacerbates the problem
Turn about is fair play.
0 Replies