Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:14 am
@Drnaline,
Wherever Communists have taken charge, millions have been murdered. Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Kim Il Sung, the North Vietnamese, Pol Pot, Fidel Castro, the Sandinistas, etc., etc., all embarked on campaigns of genocide to gain and retain power. The stats are staggering. Stalin slaughtered three million peasants to institute agricultural statism. Mao's Great Leap Forward caused 20 million Chinese to starve to death from 1958 to 1960. To preclude his subsequent fall from power, Mao then instituted the Cultural Revolution, which murdered tens of thousands of intellectuals and other 'enemies of the State'. And then there was Pol Pot, he who ordered the sadistic slaughter of two million Cambodians. North Korea has over 250 concentration camps on the order and scale of Nazi death camps. Down with Communism. May Karl Marx burn in Hell for all eternity.
couchp

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:45 am
@Pinochet73,
I think you may find Karl Marx was an idealist. I do not think he would agree with what Stalin did. Then again the exact opposite of communism is fascism.
Hitler did the same things.There aint no good politics, besides communism as an ideal is a good thing, unfortunately it don't work. As an american you probably were weaned on anti - communism. Whereas we English, treat it as a political persuasion, anyway all parties are bunk, come to think of it!
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:01 am
@Drnaline,
Yeah blaming Marx for the genocide of tyranny would be like blaming Einstein if Bin Laden ever got a nuke.

There is a saying about failed ideas, it goes "Hell even communism works on paper"
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:06 am
@Drnaline,
The idea is not the problem, it is the implimenting of the idea.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:43 am
@trappedbyparties,
trapped.by.parties;15742 wrote:
christianity and muslim are both branches of judaism. Look it up. All three books that define the religions are very similar. Of course, the similarities don't make them branches of one another. And honestly i don't care what religion people choose to believe in! I just don't like being told that the way i choose to practice the religion is wrong. And i point out that The religion itslef(mine and yours) could have been nothing more than fairy tales. This is all i really have to say about the subject.

BTW: i'm really not trying to sound sarcastic.

Not branches, influenced by, and Islam is not related in more than the history according to both faiths. Anyway, besides this, all faiths are highly dissimilar
trappedbyparties

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:27 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;15860 wrote:
Not branches, influenced by, and Islam is not related in more than the history according to both faiths. Anyway, besides this, all faiths are highly dissimilar

Not too dissimilar, Almost the entire old testament is based on Jewish beliefs and jewish scrolls. If i'm not mistaken. BTW, did you know moses was a General and a soilder? He started the isrealite Army (on Mt. sinai.(that is were he got the ten commandments))that took the prommised land of cannan. Alot of the tactics he tought his army in that time are still being used by the isrealy army of defense today. Weird huh. This is all acourding to the Old Testament! Just not very descriptive. He of course died before the first attack of Jericho.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:52 pm
@Drnaline,
Yes, I know about the Old Testament and Moses was a general and that the Israeli army uses geographical Biblical locations in similar ways as in the Bible or general tactics where it doesn't matter if you use a machine gun or a spear.

But their beliefs are very different in interpretations and other books (Talmud, for example) nonetheless.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:13 pm
@Drnaline,
Humph. Dag gone it! HUMPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:14 pm
@Drnaline,
What?
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:44 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16069 wrote:
Yes, I know about the Old Testament and Moses was a general and that the Israeli army uses geographical Biblical locations in similar ways as in the Bible or general tactics where it doesn't matter if you use a machine gun or a spear.

But their beliefs are very different in interpretations and other books (Talmud, for example) nonetheless.

interpretations is the key word in this entire discussion.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:37 am
@Drnaline,
Muhammed and Jesus changed the face of traditional Jewish beliefs and history when they built on them. Jesus was an advocate for more love and peace and Muhammed was the opposite.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:59 pm
@Drnaline,
Jesus evolved from Jewish civilization, and then sent His spirit to the Romans, the strongest of the civilized. Muhammad was the product of a barbaric society. The religion he invented was therefore founded on barbaric principles, and remains so today. Jews were enlightened. Arabs were not. Islam has kept them barbaric, and always will.
trappedbyparties

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 07:14 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16328 wrote:
Muhammed and Jesus changed the face of traditional Jewish beliefs and history when they built on them. Jesus was an advocate for more love and peace and Muhammed was the opposite.

hmmm:cool:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:09 pm
@Drnaline,
Reagan, don't you know about "humph"?
trappedbyparties

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:12 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16408 wrote:
Reagan, don't you know about "humph"?

Jesus yes, The Roman Catholics.......:dunno:
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:13 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16382 wrote:
Jesus evolved from Jewish civilization, and then sent His spirit to the Romans, the strongest of the civilized. Muhammad was the product of a barbaric society. The religion he invented was therefore founded on barbaric principles, and remains so today. Jews were enlightened. Arabs were not. Islam has kept them barbaric, and always will.

The strongest or the most ruthless?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:16 pm
@Drnaline,
Sure, it was just random.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:20 pm
@Drnaline,
"The strongest or the most ruthless?"

Okay.....here we go.............again. Don't you know how important Rome was to Western Civilization? I know you must have studied this at some point.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:21 pm
@Pinochet73,
Yeah....'humph' is the Simpleton's sigh of intellectual frustration. "HUMPH!!!!! Dag gone it. Humph!!!"Very Happy
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Catholics rock. I mean that literally.