Another homosexual activist cuts bisexuals out of wedding march

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 04:26 pm
A little bit of a long read but makes some good points. Some interesting reading in the comments as well.

Townhall.com::Another homosexual activist cuts bisexuals out of wedding march::By Janet M. LaRue
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,437 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Good point. If gays are allowed to marry and have kids, what about bi-sexuals? Shouldn't they be allowed to have TWO spouses -- a straight version and a gay version? And if so, shouldn't they be allowed to have TWO sets of kids -- one for each union? Why not? Very Happy
0 Replies

USA All The Way

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 09:55 am
@Drnaline,
its all,sik,,,, gays should all be loaded on a boat and dumped in the seas:FU1:
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:38 pm
@Drnaline,
Homosexuality is an expression of individuality, and IMO there is nothing wrong with it.
0 Replies

natelxxxviii

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 09:07 pm
@Drnaline,
i can see where you guys are coming from - if we're taking the gender out of "one man one woman," why not take the numbers out too?
but here's the thing. let's say that A, B, and C get married. they all love each other very deeply and live together. however, over time, A falls out of love with B, but not C. C's name is on the deed of the house. what happens if A ends up divorcing B, but not C?
let's say that A gets very ill. (s)he is in a coma and will probably never wake up. if his/her wishes are not written down, then who gets to decide what happens to A - B or C? and wouldn't any solution to this weaken one of their marriages to A? after all, one of the husbands / wives will not be next of kin.
basically, the argment for same-sex marriage and against polygamy is that if two men or two women are allowed to marry, they are afforded all of the same rights that currently married couples have. but if more than two people marry, then they literally cannot share the rights that would supposedly be given to them. try to think about all of the complexity in living arrangement, divorce, property, and child custody issues, and then add another person or two.
-nate
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 07:17 am
@Drnaline,
It may not be so simple by adding another person. What if the first person is not even human. I've already heard of a woman marrying a dolphin, a man marrying a piece of furniture. These are of course in other countrys that allow same sex marriage. You can see how colorfull the interpritations are.
Sherman cv

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:33 am
@Drnaline,
there is nothing sick about it!! People are what they are and they have the right to be happy, as long they do not harm anyone!!! Gays have the right to marry and have a family as poly have the right to share, if that situation does not bother them... :p
0 Replies

natelxxxviii

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 11:35 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;9617 wrote:
It may not be so simple by adding another person. What if the first person is not even human. I've already heard of a woman marrying a dolphin, a man marrying a piece of furniture. These are of course in other countrys that allow same sex marriage. You can see how colorfull the interpritations are.

but same-sex marriage is between two consenting adults. marriage between a human and dolphin is not, because a dolphin does not have the legal standing to sign a contract for marriage.
the main idea at issue here is the difference between to whom one is sexually attracted and whom one can marry. a bisexual man or woman is attracted to both men and women, but that does not mean that he or she must have both a man and a woman to satisfy him or her -- rather, it means that either a man or a woman could satisfy the bisexual person.
Red cv

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 04:01 pm
@Drnaline,
I have no issue with "Same Sex couples" joining in union. I have a cousin that has been with his partner 30 years, so why shouldn't he benifit from his partners benifits and pensions?

I also have a cousin that's been in a three way relationship for 25 years, no I don't want to go down that road. Where will it end.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 07:39 am
@natelxxxviii,
natelxxxviii;9620 wrote:
but same-sex marriage is between two consenting adults. marriage between a human and dolphin is not, because a dolphin does not have the legal standing to sign a contract for marriage.
the main idea at issue here is the difference between to whom one is sexually attracted and whom one can marry. a bisexual man or woman is attracted to both men and women, but that does not mean that he or she must have both a man and a woman to satisfy him or her -- rather, it means that either a man or a woman could satisfy the bisexual person.
I understand the main arguement. My point being is that if there allowed to have there way what will stop others from trying? The article appears to be disriminatory twards bisexuals, and that is coming from some one who is gay. Didn't the gays say we were be discriminatory to them for not letting them wed? And now gays are doing it to bisexuals. So there moral high ground sunk? Or they were just saying it to get there way?

Any definition of marriage i have ever seen includes one man and one women. Nothing else. They say they want it so as they may be equal. But how can this ever be so. Example.

man + women = marriage

man + man = marriage or women + women = marriage

They are not nor will they ever be equal.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 06:58 pm
@Drnaline,
Homosexual need to take all that energy and direct IT towards finding a cure for AIDS & torturing children.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 01:33 pm
@Drnaline,
Here in Canada the Gay Rights Organization is very powerful, and yet they never speak out on "Global Issues" unless it effects gays. The suffering of man/women/ and child never comes into their purview, why do they not care? Now that they have equal rights in Canada I think it's time this organization grew a conscience and started aiding other worthy causes. Frankly it's time to get "over themselves already".
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 06:48 pm
@Drnaline,
personally, l am totally repulsed when l see two old women ...yucky...together ..ugh,

however, l have had many collegues who are gay, and so l say live and let live.

One thing that really bugs me is the gay pride parades that are about exhibitionism and wierdness rather than making a statement about freedom.

For example are you a good role model and responsible parent when you are dressed as a sex slave inpublic? Allowing your private areas to be shown to innocent eyes of children brought by those nit-whitted parents who want a show?

I know of one parent who was protesting that him and his partner had every right to raise children...and isn't he there front and centre baring his a$$$ets in a leather thong and a hat, with a Madame applying a Cat-of-nine-tails in a demonstration, l suppose, of what homosexuality is all about.

Hardly a good role model.

If their was a 'straight' parade would all the straight parents go on a march and wear thongs and kinky sexx-slave outfits and screaming chants of wanting to have sex in public, in front of the innocent eyes of children???

It is like so many gay people want to take homosexuality a step further and get the maximuim amount of attention drawn to being different.

To these people l suggest that you have chosen homosexuality as a way to resist mainstream society, needing attention for deeper psychological reasons that just a sexual preferance.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 03:42 pm
@Drnaline,
The thing that annoys me most about Gay pride is what is there to be proud of?

Be it straight, gay or otherwise, I simply don't see the need to shout about what you put your penis into.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 04:56 pm
@Red cv,
Red;9875 wrote:
Here in Canada the Gay Rights Organization is very powerful, and yet they never speak out on "Global Issues" unless it effects gays. The suffering of man/women/ and child never comes into their purview, why do they not care? Now that they have equal rights in Canada I think it's time this organization grew a conscience and started aiding other worthy causes. Frankly it's time to get "over themselves already".
Quote:
Now that they have equal rights in Canada

What right do they have now that they didn't have then?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 05:00 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;9985 wrote:
The thing that annoys me most about Gay pride is what is there to be proud of?

Be it straight, gay or otherwise, I simply don't see the need to shout about what you put your penis into.
Yeah, you dont see straight people having hetero parades.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 05:46 pm
@Drnaline,
Everytime l think of the Gay Pride Parade l will never forget the video shown on t.v. where the parade passed a fitness club that had windows facing the street, and with a show of support l suppose these very fit bare butts were exposed, bent over and exposed...it really was awful...too much information!!!!

If straight people did this they would be arrested...
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 06:05 pm
@Drnaline,
Indecent exposure, I agree, we should worry about not only the offenses we make, but the ones we suffer. What message does this send to the children of today, that all goes as long as there is a loophole in the law? I don't remember who posted this before, but it sure fits now, it goes something like: in america we posses freedom of speach, and the wisdom to not always use it. Thomas Paine?
0 Replies

0Megabyte

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 11:54 pm
@Drnaline,
From USA All the Way:

"its all,sik,,,, gays should all be loaded on a boat and dumped in the seas"

So... um, yeah. And I suppose we should prefer hate-filled people who claims to support killing homosexuals more than people who just so happen to fall in love with people of the same sex?

Right. Let's support hatred and murder and punish love. Got it. That's the way God would want us to act.

Sarcasm aside, why is your hatred of homosexuals any more valid than nazi hatred of Jews?

How can you say such a thing? Do you actually believe it?

Can a person be so evil that they would support killing millions of people because they disgust them, for no good reason?

(Well, yeah, they can, obviously. )

Just... there are no words to describe what a monstrous thing you said. If Satan is working in human beings today, he's working in people such as you, who would spout such filth.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:20 am
@Drnaline,
(one general question to more experiences bloggers, is my spacing affecting my posts and should I write my responses in paragraph form?)

"The thing that annoys me most about Gay pride is what is there to be proud of?"

I agree with the Gay pride parade if it truly supports freedom of expression without violating any civic laws.

"Be it straight, gay or otherwise, I simply don't see the need to shout about what you put your penis into."

I completely agree with this.

Whoever posted this. I think this is a good starting point.

man + women = marriage

man + man = marriage or women + women = marriage

What does marriage mean? At this point, my definition would be: Two consenting adults (I do mean human beings) over the age of eighteen wanting to enter in a legal agreement.

As far as multiple person marriages, I think the issue is the legality not the morality. But I need to think more on this specific issue to formulate a clear opinion.