Where is the Fairness Doctrine ?

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 08:04 pm
Where is this doctrine when we need it?
More than 70 hours of Al Gore's mission to convert us to Green were recently splashed across the TV and the internet, and no one has been required to present equal time to opponents.

Al Gore and NBC- Birds of a feather
Considering that here in the U.S. the Peacock Network's three-hour Gore infomercial on global warming lost out in the ratings to "Cops" and "America's Funniest Home Videos," Gore's claim may be open to question. Live Earth, in fact, may have been America's funniest home video. Ever.

The flop of Live Earth only shows that the Liberal side doesn't really show the view of the majority of Americans at all, and also shows why conservatives dominate talk radio. The listening public votes with the on/off button. Each time a Liberal talk radio enterprise shows up, it seems doomed to failure because people don't listen and sponsors don't pony up $$ to finance them.
Where is "Fairness"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 971 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:18 pm
@Curmudgeon,
There not talking about that kind of fairness Curmy.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:39 pm
@Curmudgeon,
How well we know that, my friend, how well we know.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:42 pm
@Curmudgeon,
I'd like the fairness doctrine applied to education at universities, Media, public broadcasting.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 05:46 am
@Curmudgeon,
Gore is a dittle-machine. Nothing but lies, useless noise and endless whining spew from his pie-hole. Absolutely nothing he says should be taken seriously by anyone with half a brain. Let every fool in the land follow him off a cliff and into the bottom of the deepest crevice in Hell. :rocketwhore:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 09:28 am
@Curmudgeon,
You know what? I'm all for going green (although I see it more as a fiscal benefit then an earth benefit... sorry). But Al Gore telling me to release less carbon is about as effective as Barry Bonds in a "no steroids" campaign.
0 Replies