Global Warming Scientists shifting views

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:17 pm
Read This from The U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.
Seems some high placed scientists have changed from advocates to critics. Some interesting reading.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,041 • Replies: 22
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:44 pm
@Curmudgeon,
So, I gave the article a shot, got to here...

Quote:
It is also worth noting that the proponents of climate fears are increasingly attempting to suppress dissent by skeptics.

Alreayd setting up a defense not based on facts, but propaganda. But hey, lets keep moving anyway. Got to here...

Quote:
and accused the “prophets of doom of global warming” of being motivated by money, noting that "the ecology of helpless protesting has become a very lucrative business for some people!"

And pretty much stopped reading, as I skimmed it became a slew of people I have never heard of, books I haven't read, and instead of being a gerbil and clinging to the latest party line decided to stop really reading it. Looks to me, from the comments quoted above that it is agenda driven political BS trying to debunk something that, even admittedly from scientist, no one completely understand, or knows for sure if it is bad or not and designed to keep us in the mindset that we can saftely stay consuming fossil fuels...

Whether it is for global warning, baby fuking seals, or whatever, America can ONLY benefit from as Silver said, "getting off the fossil fuel nipple", which the big money lobbist, and multinational corporation do not want.
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 09:48 pm
@Curmudgeon,
take global warming out of the picture and we're still sending billions a year to the middle east while we're in an ideological conflict with them

what would have happened had we paid billions to the Russians during the cold war?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;16296 wrote:
take global warming out of the picture and we're still sending billions a year to the middle east while we're in an ideological conflict with them

what would have happened had we paid billions to the Russians during the cold war?

Someone would have been impeached...with a broomstick.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:48 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Well, they need to listen again to Al Gore. His shrill antics and fake demeanors will certainly persuade them it's true.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 12:45 pm
@Curmudgeon,
What I took away from reading it is that climate change is still occuring, but the reasons for it are inconclusive and nobody is certain that we can do anything about it.
The article, regardless of who authored it, makes some very valid points. The foremost one is that Politics and science don't mix especially when there is big money involved. The politicizing of science makes for bad science.
It also has a valid point that alarmists are not helping the matter with there "chicken little" or "boy who cried wolf" antics. People tend to ignore those antics after a while and detract from the importance of the overall message.
Regardless of what you believe, conservation of energy and the environment can only benefit the U.S. Less money in the hands of Middle East countries means less money trickles down to extremist out to destroy us. You shouldn't have to use scare tactics to convince people that cleaner air, water and the environment in general is a good thing. Oil dependency is our achillies heel, It doesn't make sense to allow it to remain that way. Change will only make us stronger.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:49 pm
@Curmudgeon,
The Planet and Universe are constantly evolving. We are still evolving. As the cliche goes, 'change is the only constant'.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:49 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Gotta agree with ya Big D.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 04:05 pm
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;17299 wrote:
What I took away from reading it is that climate change is still occuring, but the reasons for it are inconclusive and nobody is certain that we can do anything about it.
The article, regardless of who authored it, makes some very valid points. The foremost one is that Politics and science don't mix especially when there is big money involved. The politicizing of science makes for bad science.
It also has a valid point that alarmists are not helping the matter with there "chicken little" or "boy who cried wolf" antics. People tend to ignore those antics after a while and detract from the importance of the overall message.
Regardless of what you believe, conservation of energy and the environment can only benefit the U.S. Less money in the hands of Middle East countries means less money trickles down to extremist out to destroy us. You shouldn't have to use scare tactics to convince people that cleaner air, water and the environment in general is a good thing. Oil dependency is our achillies heel, It doesn't make sense to allow it to remain that way. Change will only make us stronger.

Everything that means anything to anybody is, or can be, politicized. If it is important to someone, they want to influence others to think it is important too. This is true if the people trying to influence someone are doing it from a view of self-preservation or to gain control over someone else or over a subject for personal gain. That is the purpose and effect of politics.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 08:35 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Lastnight I drank a large glass of DDT, by mistake, thinking it was milk. My first hint that I had just severely screwed up was when I belched a few seconds later, and killed several nearby flies. The doc who pumped out my stomach kept snickering. I got angry. The tubes hurt like hell and I was scared half to death. Finally, I ripped the mask off his face, and lo and behold, there he was -- the old bastard himself, AL GORE.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:20 pm
@Curmudgeon,
I am convinced you are high dude LOL
0 Replies

Celerity

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 01:34 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16290 wrote:
So, I gave the article a shot, got to here...

Alreayd setting up a defense not based on facts, but propaganda. But hey, lets keep moving anyway. Got to here...

Wait a sec.. are you saying that senate.gov is biased media ?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 01:44 pm
@Celerity,
Celerity;18447 wrote:
Wait a sec.. are you saying that senate.gov is biased media ?

It's a blog, not a government issued statement.
0 Replies

Celerity

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 10:25 am
@Curmudgeon,
So yes, is your answer ?
92b16vx

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 10:38 am
@Celerity,
Celerity;18586 wrote:
So yes, is your answer ?

The person that wrote the blog? Yea, I'd say it is. And if the U.S. Senate post his blog as their official stance on global warming, then it is highly irresponsible.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:41 pm
@Curmudgeon,
I submerged to 150 feet, hunting sharks. Hammerheads were all over the place. I drifted. When I came up, I was in the middle of a gigantic oil-slick. Accidently taking in a huge gulp, I got violently sick, and started drowning. Suddenly a dolphin zipped past me, underwater. There was a dude hanging on to its fin. He grabbed me and pushed me to the surface. I recovered, and started treading water. Looking back, I saw it was AL FRIG'N GORE, hitching a ride. He laughed, maniacally, as he disappeared into the deep blue.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:42 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;19158 wrote:
I submerged to 150 feet, hunting sharks. Hammerheads were all over the place. I drifted. When I came up, I was in the middle of a gigantic oil-slick. Accidently taking in a huge gulp, I got violently sick, and started drowning. Suddenly a dolphin zipped past me, underwater. There was a dude hanging on to its fin. He grabbed me and pushed me to the surface. I recovered, and started treading water. Looking back, I saw it was AL FRIG'N GORE, hitching a ride. He laughed, maniacally, as he disappeared into the deep blue.

If I send you my address will you mail me some of what you're smoking?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:03 pm
@Curmudgeon,
That reminds me, gotta light a bowl, LOL.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:33 pm
@Curmudgeon,
It appears here in Cowville Canada Al Bore's Inconvenant True is being tought in our schools as if it were the "Truth" and nothing but the truth. The local rag was full of youthful editorials screaming for action on Global Warming. How can his "Opinion" get into a Canadian Classroom. My nerves society has become mindless sheeple, Global Warming is the NEW Y2K we are being had by peaceniks and tree huggers. I understand how they can fall for Al Bore's blather and tripe but so many "Normals" are on side with him it's scary.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:34 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;19160 wrote:
If I send you my address will you mail me some of what you're smoking?

Man, between Korea and Panama, I lost my mind. Very Happy