Imus vs. Racism

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 03:00 pm
There is a big thread going on within my site about the whole Imus situation. I learned just now that he has also been fired from CBS Radio for his comments. While his comments were stupid they were no worse than the lyrics that black women listen to on a daily basis here in America from Rap stars. I just wanted to point out some great articles I came across because this is something I feel strongly about, that is the hypocrisy of black leaders such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

The thread on my site: White Men Must Respect Black Women but Black Men Don't - Mustang Evolution

The great articles that have been posted within it:

POLITOPICS
Michelle Malkin: Imus vs. the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks Chart<br>(language warning)

White Men Must Respect Black Women but Black Men Don't - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

The greatest part of any of those articles above exists in the Kansas City link where the writer states:

Quote:
While we’re fixated on a bad joke cracked by an irrelevant, bad shock jock, I’m sure at least one of the marvelous young women on the Rutgers basketball team is somewhere snapping her fingers to the beat of 50 Cent’s or Snoop Dogg’s or Young Jeezy’s latest ode glorifying nappy-headed pimps and hos.

and here is where Al Sharpton attacks the Duck Lacrosse players soley because they were white and the victim was black. Not having been proven innocent or guilty yet he, by default, stands up for the black stripper over the white lacrosse players.

Where is Al Sharptons apology to the Duke Players?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,252 • Replies: 6
No top replies

markx15

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 05:43 pm
@Brent cv,
I think they should do a research and ask what these women think the word racism means, not just these, but maybe 1000 men and women (50/50), about the meaning of racism. I bet the results would be amusing to say the least.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 05:53 pm
@Brent cv,
He made a career out of disrespecting people. It backfired. He knew the risks.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:10 pm
@Brent cv,
The black community in general has to quit dodging its own part in the potrayal of black culture across the world

T.V. is the MAIN venue for representation

The black community arouses :disgust: when defending rap lyrics that dehumanize and degrade black women by black men.
Remove the catchy beats and your left with words-messages

If a rapper like EMINEM was to spout similar lyrics DIRECTED at black women he would be no better than the KU KLUX KLAN :whipping:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:01 pm
@Brent cv,
When black people say Nigga or Nappy headed Ho it's considered art/enthic. When a white guys says it, it's racist!
I think what Al and Jesse are feeling is the power of the the black fading away. They are no longer the largest minority, that belongs the the hispanics. Can't be to long before they turn on this new top minority. If the whites oppressed them guess what a bunch of corrupt mexicans can do, yeah baby!!!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:32 pm
@Brent cv,
Sure.....but each of us has to take personal responsibility. The answer shouldn't be that 'they' do it, too. On an individual basis, we must all stop disrespecting others. I once lived in reaction to others, saying things I now regret. I won't do it now, no matter what. Life has blessed me with enough experience with others for me to know better. :headbang:
Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:38 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;12797 wrote:
Sure.....but each of us has to take personal responsibility. The answer shouldn't be that 'they' do it, too. On an individual basis, we must all stop disrespecting others. I once lived in reaction to others, saying things I now regret. I won't do it now, no matter what. Life has blessed me with enough experience with others for me to know better. :headbang:
Quote:
we must all stop disrespecting others.
This sounds a little strange coming from you? Not that i disagree with you, but i'm sure depending on point of view you can see where it can lead.
0 Replies