President Bush Says Schools Should Teach 'Intelligent Design' Alongside Evolution

Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 03:01 pm
@Brent cv,
The difference is that evolution is scientific fact, and creationism is a fairy tale that only fools believe. If you want to raise a nation of idiots, then teaching creationism is the way to go.
Ann cv

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 05:38 pm
@Professor Chaos,
World famous scientist, G. G. Simpson stated, "It is inherent in any definition of science that statements that cannot be checked by observation are not about anything...or at the very best, they are not science" .Evolution is a guess, a speculation, an hypothesis, a theory, a faith. Curiously, evolutionists say intelligent design isn't "scientific" enough. Yet it's Darwinian evolution that has never advanced beyond unproven theory, because facts don't support it. If, as Charles Darwin claimed 145 years ago, all creatures evolved from lower life, the fossil record should be replete with remnants of billions of transitory life forms, such as the elusive "missing link" between humans and chimps. And not just that missing link. Billions of missing links necessarily must have existed for today's animals to have evolved if you accept evolutionary theory. Darwin knew his theory contradicted science. "I am quite conscious that my speculations run quite beyond the bounds of true science," he later wrote. Everywhere we find life, we find it came from life. .

and from a wesbite called wasdarwinright.com

Indeed, there are now many well qualified scientists and academics such as Professor Michael Behe (Biochemist and author of Darwin's Black Box), Michael Denton (molecular biologist, medical Doctor and author of Evolution: A Theory In Crisis), Professor Paul Back (Former Rhodes scholar and author of Darwinism and The Rise of Degenerate Science) and David Swift (author of Evolution Under the Microscope: A Scientific Critique of the Theory of Evolution) and many others who are writing quality scientific books that question the science behind the theory of evolution. Professor Michael Behe comments that there have always been since the time of Darwin, well informed and respected scientists who have found Darwinism to be inadequate (Darwin's Black Box, page 30) and Michael Denton also makes a similar comment in his book Evolution: A Theory In Crisis.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:13 am
@Brent cv,
Are you just making stuff up?

Evolution: Library: George Gaylord Simpson: Natural Selection and the Fossil Record

As one of the founders of the "modern synthesis" of evolution, paleontologist George Gaylord Simpson argued that the fossil record supports Darwin's theory that natural selection acting on random variation in a population is the driving force behind evolution. Simpson was among the first to use mathematical methods in paleontology, and he also took into account newly discovered genetic evidence for evolution in his study of paleontology. In his 1944 book, Tempo and Mode in Evolution, Simpson divided evolutionary change into "tempo," the rate of change, and "mode," the manner or pattern of change, with tempo being a basic factor of mode. Simpson saw paleontology, revealing the long history of life on earth, as a unique field through which to study the history of evolution.

Credits: Courtesy of the American Museum of Natural History
Drnaline

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:40 am
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10825 wrote:
Are you just making stuff up?

Evolution: Library: George Gaylord Simpson: Natural Selection and the Fossil Record

As one of the founders of the "modern synthesis" of evolution, paleontologist George Gaylord Simpson argued that the fossil record supports Darwin's theory that natural selection acting on random variation in a population is the driving force behind evolution. Simpson was among the first to use mathematical methods in paleontology, and he also took into account newly discovered genetic evidence for evolution in his study of paleontology. In his 1944 book, Tempo and Mode in Evolution, Simpson divided evolutionary change into "tempo," the rate of change, and "mode," the manner or pattern of change, with tempo being a basic factor of mode. Simpson saw paleontology, revealing the long history of life on earth, as a unique field through which to study the history of evolution.

Credits: Courtesy of the American Museum of Natural History
Quote:
George Gaylord Simpson argued that the fossil record supports Darwin's theory

As you and i know, just because a part of a theory is supported by it's supposed product does not make it a fact. I see no problem with holding both statements to be true.
0 Replies

Ann cv

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 12:57 pm
@Brent cv,
There is, as always in life, so many arguments for and against, I was merely putting some up for further discussion Smile however, I think both Darwinism and Creationism are fundamentally right, and fundamentally wrong at the same time. The truth lies somewhere in the middle Smile

Ann
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:13 pm
@Brent cv,
I can agree with that.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:15 pm
@Brent cv,
Somewhere between , yes - Intelligent Design .
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 03:12 am
@oaktonarcher,
oaktonarcher;240 wrote:
i have to agree with brent here, i dont believe Religion has much of a place in schools. i have no issue with religion classes but they must obviously be elective. but other then that what must be taught has to be solid theory or proven fact.

If what needs to be taught requires it to be a solid theory or proven fact, why are we still teaching evolution in the public school system?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:39 am
@Brent cv,
thread from the dead

Non Specific Intelligent Design should be taught. If you teach the book of Genesis it's a violation of separation of church and state. You would then also have an obligation to teach other popular creation theories
wvpeach

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:54 pm
@Silverchild79,
Evolution is no more provable than is creationism .

If they are going to teach one they should teach the other as a full curriculum on the theory of how life began.

Because neither is provable currently so both should be taught.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 08:15 am
@Brent cv,
I can agree on that.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 08:38 am
@Brent cv,
Intelligent Design is nothing but a loophole to teach about god in public schools. Regardless your take on separation of church and state, at this point, it is very real and religion needs to stay out of my school.

Evolution on the other hand is a proven scientific fact, HOW? We live longer... not good enough, how about skin color... still not going to work? You're a lost cause.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:28 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;38285 wrote:
Intelligent Design is nothing but a loophole to teach about god in public schools. Regardless your take on separation of church and state, at this point, it is very real and religion needs to stay out of my school.

Evolution on the other hand is a proven scientific fact, HOW? We live longer... not good enough, how about skin color... still not going to work? You're a lost cause.

Evolution IS NOT A FACT. EVOLUTION is a THEORY.
And Evolution is nothing but a loophole to teach atheism in the public schools.
And the Bible has scientific facts that should not be ignored. Thats why evolution in it's present form only helps to dumb down the students who other wise might ask questions that really could lead to the truth. There are many scientific anomalies out there being ignored, because the Theory of Evolution, the sacrad cow of scientific atheism will not allow any new evidence to be considered on their altar. Don't think for a minute, Evolution is not a religion. You just find yourself in a different kind of church, where the ministers donot where robes, but white coats. And from where I'm standing, the Bible has far more evidence to back up it's truth, then the Theory of Evolution. After Darwin said 100 years ago, THAT IF HIS THEORY WAS TRUE, there will be great abundances of transpecies found in the fossile record.
Over 100 years later, were still waiting for the first one.
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 09:07 am
@Brent cv,
a person evolves every day... education is proof of evolving.
Campbell34

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 06:31 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;38782 wrote:
a person evolves every day... education is proof of evolving.

If are national test scores are proof we are evolving, it appears we are stuck in reverse.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 07:03 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;38891 wrote:
If are national test scores are proof we are evolving, it appears we are stuck in reverse.

Ok...that was so uncalled for. Test scores have nothing to do with the state of evolving...they are a snapshot in time and place.....evolution takes place over millennia
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 07:10 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;38700 wrote:
Evolution IS NOT A FACT. EVOLUTION is a THEORY.
And Evolution is nothing but a loophole to teach atheism in the public schools.
And the Bible has scientific facts that should not be ignored. Thats why evolution in it's present form only helps to dumb down the students who other wise might ask questions that really could lead to the truth. There are many scientific anomalies out there being ignored, because the Theory of Evolution, the sacrad cow of scientific atheism will not allow any new evidence to be considered on their altar. Don't think for a minute, Evolution is not a religion. You just find yourself in a different kind of church, where the ministers donot where robes, but white coats. And from where I'm standing, the Bible has far more evidence to back up it's truth, then the Theory of Evolution. After Darwin said 100 years ago, THAT IF HIS THEORY WAS TRUE, there will be great abundances of transpecies found in the fossile record.
Over 100 years later, were still waiting for the first one.

Ernst Mayr (1988):
"Darwinism is not a simple theory that is either true or false but is rather a highly complex research program that is continuously being modified and improved".

Darwinists share a common faith in:
CA = common ancestry; RSM = random, spontaneous, mutation; NS = natural selection
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 07:49 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
Test scores have nothing to do with the state of evolving...they are a snapshot in time and place.....evolution takes place over millennia

I agree.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 01:57 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38895 wrote:
Ernst Mayr (1988):
"Darwinism is not a simple theory that is either true or false but is rather a highly complex research program that is continuously being modified and improved".

Darwinists share a common faith in:
CA = common ancestry; RSM = random, spontaneous, mutation; NS = natural selection

You got that word right, MODIFIED. Every new generation keeps finding that the Theory does not add up, so they have to keep coming up with new excuses to explain each new obvious error. The last joke was soft tissue. Remember how they told us we would never find soft tissue in dinosaur bones because that tissue would be gone in less than 10,000 years. Then some researcher found soft tissue in a dinosaur bone in montana.
Guess what, now they are telling us soft tissue can last 70 million years. The fact is the Bible describes dinosaurs, and there is evidence outside of the Bible that suggest that dinosaurs have been around just in the last three to four thousand years. Don't expect to see that evidence in your classroom. They will tell you what you need to know, and nothing more.
Mandeville cv

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 06:50 pm
@Brent cv,
Christians who believe science is an afront to their religion want their ideas, despite that fact that they're unscientific ideas, to be taught alongside something scientific. Well frankly thats insulting to the method of science. There is a dramatic difference between fact and make-belief. I think it would only serve to harm the children.
0 Replies