What is slander in Texas

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 03:41 pm
If someone calls CPS on you saying you are abusing your child and puts in the report "uses methanphetimines" (misspelled), when they know these are lies is that slander? If CPS closes the case without investigating the drug abuse because its unfounded, does that prove the alleger lied?

What if the alleger also called and accused you of sexual abuse (a yr later). CPS investigates and closes it. And also tells you they will gnore future allegations from this person.
Can anything be done about this person lying? Is it slander, harrasment or what.

The father is doing this so he can discredit the mother down and get custody
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,074 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 03:54 pm
@alcmommy,
Closing a case without further investigation is probably not going to be proof that the allegations therein are false, as investigations are sometimes closed due to a lack of evidence or CPS's lack of resources.

I suggest you contact an attorney if you wish to pursue this matter versus your ex but it's probably not going to be the slam dunk you're hoping for.
alcmommy

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 05:01 pm
@jespah,
thank you. I just found out in one of the reports he claimed there were drugs in my home. I, nor do any of my family do drugs. Hes intentionally making me look bad. If we ever make it to court I pray the judge doesnt take his "CPS has been called on her many times" as a reason to take my daughter away. Considering hes lied to CPS to make me look bad. thanks for responding
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 05:06 pm
You very badly need a lawyer to protect your interests.
0 Replies