Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 09:36 pm
6 story jesus statue struck by lightning

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jtU2LmnsCiWr7nQtlMQF4X0fyj0QD9GBU9100

seems that God's wrath knows no bounds, or was it Allah, who was responsible, makes u think huh

salima

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 09:18 pm
@daredevil,
i have been debating, not wanting to acknowledge this ignorant post, nevertheless maybe someone else's ignorance will be lightened if i do...

"And in their [the earlier prophets] footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the law that had come before him. We sent him the Gospel, therein was guidance and light and confirmation of the law that had come before him, a guidance and an admonition to those who fear God." Chapter 5, Verse 46 Qur'an

you know you dont have to BELIEVE in anyone's religion, but if you want to make jokes about it at least have some background in what you are talking about...maybe you will say something funny next time.
0 Replies

daredevil

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 05:08 pm
your entire quran is as full of faults as is the new and old testaments, and do not asume i don't know anything about your religion, I know it is the newest of the montheistics and the most in error as are all three, you can't claim the quran is the final revelation when rev 22 18 of the nt says there wont be anymore....and thats only the begining
josh0335

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 02:22 am
@daredevil,
your entire quran is as full of faults

Care to show me some?

As for the Jesus statue, it was struck by lightening so another one will be built in its place. What meaning you want to derive from that event is purely up to the individual.

Francis

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 02:48 am
Josh0335 wrote:

Care to show me some?

I can show you some, it's the same old crap as in the bible:

Quote:
2:88 And they say: Our hearts are hardened. Nay, but Allah hath cursed them for their unbelief. Little is that which they believe.

Ok, I'm cursed already by the god of christians and now by allah...

(What's next?)
ughaibu

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 02:51 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:
(What's next?)
The scientology ads are suggestive. . . ..
Francis

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 02:54 am
@ughaibu,
Those have powerful attorneys and can sue you for your words, unlike the former...
0 Replies

josh0335

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 03:53 am
@Francis,
Quote:
I can show you some, it's the same old crap as in the bible

2:88 And they say: Our hearts are hardened. Nay, but Allah hath cursed them for their unbelief. Little is that which they believe.

So how is that a fault?

Quote:
Ok, I'm cursed already by the god of christians and now by allah...

The God of Christians and Muslims is essentially the same. So in fact, you've been cursed by the same God, not two different ones. I'm not sure if that comforts you, knowing that you're only cursed half of what you thought you were. Must be better to be cursed by one God than two... then again what would it matter if you don't believe in God? Which begs the question, why would you consider the above verse a fault if you don't believe in God in the first place?

Francis

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 04:17 am
Josh0335 wrote:
why would you consider the above verse a fault if you don't believe in God in the first place?

At least two faults in your statement, let alone the one in the quran:

You are mixing a system of beliefs and the materiality of such.

I do think that a mercifully god, as written extensively in the quran, is incompatible with cursing the non-believers.

Non-believers can be those who chose to and those who are not aware of such religions as Islam.

Cursing people that don't know a thing about Islam denotes a pettiness, unlikely a quality of a "proper" god.

Reminds me the Valladolid debate..

Let's say that the quran is only translating human feelings instead of the will of a god (the materiality of god's word).

Then you state that I don't believe in (a) god.

That's not something you know, nor did I tell you such. It's not that your inference is false but it's poorly founded and simply show how you cannot be taken seriously in a debate.

salima

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 04:33 am
@daredevil,
daredevil phil wrote:

your entire quran is as full of faults as is the new and old testaments, and do not asume i don't know anything about your religion, I know it is the newest of the montheistics and the most in error as are all three, you can't claim the quran is the final revelation when rev 22 18 of the nt says there wont be anymore....and thats only the begining

you apparently didnt know that Jesus is considered a prophet which makes your joke meaningless. that is all i was trying to point out. where then is the humor? become a better joke teller.

and if you wish to debate some issue about the Qur'an or other scriptures why not make the subject of your thread clear?
Sentience

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 07:58 am
Guys... I've been blessed with a revelation!

It's nothing more than a statue that is built by man in a place that happens to make it an insanely likely lightning rod.

Personally, being atheist, I could simply tell you that the cosmos are indifferent to your structures, which are in proportion microscopic to the might mountains of nature, and even further to the great stars of the cosmos.

However, what makes you so high and mighty that you think God will look upon your structure and recognize himself in a carving of stone, and bend the rules of the universe to allow it to be struck or protect it? To him it would be beyond trivial.

Oh and, I seriously doubt Allah would strike down one of his prophets.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 08:24 am
Its the old gods, the god of thunder that struck it down on an old Indian sacred rain dance sight ..Just as plausible but the truth is that it was tall, in a storm county with no lighting protector and made of a very flammable material.
ebrown p

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 09:00 am
@daredevil,
According to the Christian Bible, it was the Jews who killed Jesus (not the Muslims).

But I suppose if you are going to hate-- one brand of Antisemitism is as good as another.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 09:06 am
@daredevil,
To paraphrase two sibling philosophers:
If they're are no follow up questions to this query then yes it was Allah who smote this Jesus statues.
0 Replies

josh0335

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 09:07 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

I do think that a mercifully god, as written extensively in the quran, is incompatible with cursing the non-believers.

But the above verse is from the Quran. Is this incompatibility or perhaps your inability to recognise nuance? The Qur'an does not say that God is exclusively merciful, nor exclusively wrathful.

Quote:
Non-believers can be those who chose to and those who are not aware of such religions as Islam.

What does the Qur'an say about those who are not aware of Islam? Don't tell me you thought the verse you quoted was an exhaustive teaching about disbelievers?

Quote:
Cursing people that don't know a thing about Islam denotes a pettiness, unlikely a quality of a "proper" god.

Which is why such people are not cursed by God. Try reading the verse you quoted along with the verses that precede it and the ones that come after it. You may find a theme different to the one you're trying to pander to here.

Quote:
That's not something you know, nor did I tell you such. It's not that your inference is false but it's poorly founded and simply show how you cannot be taken seriously in a debate.

Lol, so I was right, you don't believe in a God? In that case, how could it have been poorly founded? Did you think it was a wild stab in the dark?! Funny how I could be correct but at the same time not be fit to debate with.

Given that you're the one dismissing religious scriptures as “crap” I find it ironic that you think I'm the one that can't be taken seriously in a debate.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 09:25 am
You have shown poor exegesis skills in your tentative demonstration. Nuance, as you talk about it, is not your thing.

For the rest, I'm not interested..
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 11:08 am
@xris,
Now a worm-hole between the Vatican and Temple Mountain and Christ can be in both places at the same time. All Abrahamic believes just one step away ! Beam me Up daddy...
xris

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 12:32 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
The ascension , you have it, it was a worm hole to heaven, praise be to the lord of GFOs ..
0 Replies

josh0335

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 02:00 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:
Nuance, as you talk about it, is not your thing.

Guess that makes two of us, eh?

Quote:
For the rest, I'm not interested..

No? Ah, I see, this is how to be "taken seriously in a debate."
0 Replies

daredevil

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 12:20 pm
@josh0335,
josh0335 wrote:

Care to show me some?

As for the Jesus statue, it was struck by lightening so another one will be built in its place. What meaning you want to derive from that event is purely up to the individual.

I would be glad to but all u r gunna reply with is "you must use the original language, to get the proper interpretation" then I will say why would allah want to reveal the final revolation to man but only in one specific language, the entire arguementb is as stupid as kjv only advocites
0 Replies