daredevil

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 02:06 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:

Im not disgreeing with your argument just your profanities. You loose credibilty if you become abusive. The old gods that are represented by the elements and nature. we have to admit they make impression.
again sorry about all the fuss it was all me....but anyways...are u saying the old gods are nature?
fresco

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 12:54 am
@daredevil,
Consider this.

It is self evident to me as an atheist that all "gods" are social constructions serving a variety of psychological and sociological purposes. However, it is also evident that that level of analysis presupposes "existence" of conscious beings and their concepts as axiomatic and not subject to further analysis. Where the intellectual theists validly operate, irrespective of particular flavour of their "god", is at the level of speculation about that existential axiom. Thus your question about the "is-ness" of "Allah", is in the final analysis a general ontological one applicable to all concepts, rather than specific to a particular god-concept.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:22 am
@daredevil,
Well I think they are. We gave the natural occurrences a name, we named the spirits.

I can remember on an army maneuver in the Welsh mountains. We had stopped to sleep, we had no sleeping bags , we would just curl up and try to sleep. Laying there in this ancient wooded valley, half a sleep , the air crisp with not a breath of wind. From nowhere a wind almost a gale blew up , it lasted 10 seconds and then stopped just as quickly. Silence and not breath of wind. My companion looked at me and we agreed, we had heard the banshee. Death did follow . We, us, when exposed to nature feel its force recognise its spirits.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:28 am
@xris,
Winds can be very, very tricky. From sailing I know not to trust trees and wind together. Trees do not show direction of the wind IMO.

While I was windsurfing I loved a sudden gush of wind. I nearly lifts you out of the water ! I love the elements, specially Earth... I worry about Mother Nature Embarrassed
xris

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:27 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
My wife finds my wind difficult to cope with, I just tell her its natures pressure valve.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:32 am
@xris,
Do U work 4 British Peteroleum
xris

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:49 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
We all work for BP...its the nature of economics.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:50 am
@xris,
I'LL STICK TO THÂT Smile Very Happy Laughing
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:49 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Who breaks His word ?
0 Replies