the comparison between AZTEC and PLATO's philosophy.

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 08:21 pm
is there any way in wnich the Aztec philosophy and plato's philosophy are the same? pls, i need to know the similarities and differences between them as well as their major positions.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,695 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 08:44 pm
@annabelle009,
Have a term paper due?
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 06:01 am
@annabelle009,
What in the world is "Aztec philosophy?" Can you cite any "philosophical" texts that might help us to compare it with, for example, Plato's Republic?

Now if you are asking for a comparison between ancient Greek civilisation and that of the Aztecs, the question is entirely different. But the original question seems to be confusing because it asks for a comparison between Aztec culture in general with one particular Greek philosopher, and the comparison of the two is like that betweeen apples and grasshoppers.

0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:35 am
@annabelle009,
What the hell is Aztec philosophy? I don't recall Plato talking about sacrificing humans and performing cannibalism. The Aztecs were also not likely scholars or book writers so there is little similarity to Aztec cosmological world views and Plato's philosophy. The comparison is about as interesting as comparing and contrasting a light post with a giraffe.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:44 am
@annabelle009,
The Aztecs maintained a permanent state of war against a number of weaker tribes and made a habit of cooking and eating captives from those tribes.

One of the things I like about Mel Gibson's 'Apocalypto' is the happy ending where the white men arrive on ships to put a stop to that bullshit.
0 Replies