How do I create links to pictures I got e-mailed in someone's PM here? Please help me out.

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:52 pm
Hello. I want to post links to pics I got emailed in someone's PM. How do I do that? There's someone I was talking to in PM and I would like some help with that. Please help me out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,356 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
You would need to save the photos to your computer first, and then host them on a site like Photobucket. Then, use the [url][/url] BBcode tags for them to show up here.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
PM's are private messages. I would ask the person who sent it for permission to show the photo anywhere else.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:02 pm
I read that as he wants to send a link to a photo from his email inbox to someone here by PM, not that he got one by PM and wants to post it here. I don't think the [img] or [url] codes work in PMs but I've never tried it. I think you could hard paste a url though.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:03 pm
@JPB,
Oh, thanks, I get it now.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:39 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

I read that as he wants to send a link to a photo from his email inbox to someone here by PM, not that he got one by PM and wants to post it here. I don't think the [img] or [url] codes work in PMs but I've never tried it. I think you could hard paste a url though.

Right, which is why he would need to host the photos somewhere else and link them from there to here.

Correction on my part on the tags to use: should be [img][/img]
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:54 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Just sent you a PM containing both items and they display properly in the post after I've viewed it under the Sent tab. Hopefully they still work when received by you.

Looks like all the tags work in PMs, we just don't have that handy dandy BBCode menu to make it easier and have to type out the codes manually.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:58 pm
So, to answer your question, JGoldman, follow the instructions in this thread to learn how to insert an image in a post or PM:

http://able2know.org/topic/144948-1

The only difference is you will have to manually type in the img code rather than click a button. The syntax will be:

Code:[img]link to your image hosted on the internet[/img]

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:59 pm
@Butrflynet,
I got the impression that the OP was sent the photos by email? Am I reading this wrong? Confused
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:05 pm
@Reyn,
No. But, he can download (save) the files from the email to his hard drive and then upload them to a hosted site from which he can link to the photos.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 02:03 pm
@Reyn,
Thank you. Why didn't I think of that?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 06:13 pm
@Reyn,
Actually the best way to get your e-mailed images to someone's PM is to save the emailed images to your desktop and go to your Photobucket album to upload them. When you go there to upload images, click the uplaod images link and browse your desktop for those images. They will upload to your Photobucket album with no problem. Then you link the URL to those images in your friend's PM here.
0 Replies