0 Replies

boomerang

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:29 am
Phoenix got me hooked on Text Twist.

But I also like Hexagon.
sozobe

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:35 am
@DrewDad,
My new Blackberry game (it was Brickbreaker for a long time) is Bezombied. Awesome. (One thing I like about it is that there is no time limit, you can consider moves good and long, and you can be distracted while doing it [watching a kid at the pool for example]. With Brickbreaker, you have to either pause or else keep an eye on it.)

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/7572

It's like Bejeweled but more strategy.

Not sure if it's available in the version I play anywhere but Blackberry -- I found another version by the same name but looks different.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:45 am
@boomerang,
I used to love Text Twist, I've burned out on it, and I can always beat the computer at Hexagon.

Same with Risk.

Word Racer gets old after a while, too.

Poker's no fun unless you're playing with real money. (Someone always raises the max each time and turns out to have a crap hand, unless they have something real to lose.)

Tower defense games can be amusing for a while.

Jelly Battle

Dino Run

Helium-3

I gotta find a new game.
Shapeless

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:53 am
I'm partial to Yahoo's Alchemy. There's also Ingenious, a computerized version of the boardgame, with this version being specifically a 4-player with three of the players being AI'd.

Speaking of which: if you're familiar with the shadowy underworld of geeky boardgames (like me), you might also be interested in the internet versions of Puerto Rico, Agricola, Web of Power, Tigris & Euphrates, etc. (There's many more.) With the exception of Agricola, all of the above mentioned ones require other players participating in real time, so a single game is usually played over the course of a week or so. I play solitaire Agricola every so often and it works well. The interface takes getting used to, but once you've got it down it's not so bad.
DrewDad

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:02 am
@Shapeless,
My brother-in-law brought Puerto Rico on a vacation once. We spent about 5 hours trying to figure out the rules instead of going to the beach.

Yes, I'm a geek.
Phoenix32890

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:08 am
@boomerang,
Boomer- Funny that you should mention Text Twist. I still play it every day.I assuage my guilt about not doing something more useful by thinking that the game will help me keep my mind sharp. Oh hell, I love that game!

I also downloaded Steven Han's "Easy Bridge", when I got my first computer in 1999. I still play it. Those are the only games that I play with regularity, although once in awhile, I will play Bejeweled.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:15 am
@DrewDad,
Ha. I must have played Puerto Rico at least once a week for about three straight years during grad school. It's not designed to be a 2-player, but the missus and I will often play it as such with each of us controlling two boards.

If you want to try out the link I posted and get a game going, just let me know!
0 Replies

Roberta

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:30 pm
I like hidden object games. My favorites are the Mystery P.I. series.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:37 pm
I sometimes play Payday Freecell, on Pogo. That one is fun, for me.
0 Replies

Philis

Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:32 am
Sploofus.com
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:05 am
@DrewDad,
I've try to play a handful of word games on shockwave every day to exercise my brain:
http://www.shockwave.com/online/special/daily-play.jsp
The three versions of Word Roundup Bingo;
Word Roundup Frenzy;
Diamond Crosswords;
The Daily Jumble and the Jumble Crosswords;
and This Day in History:
http://i28.tinypic.com/1191owx.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:06 am
@DrewDad,
I got pissed off with Text Twist because they never update their spelling dictionary and I often spell real words that they just don't recognize so I stopped playing it after awhile.
0 Replies

jamewatsn

Thu 7 Feb, 2013 12:22 am
Phoenix got me hooked on Text Twist.

But I also like Hexagon.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 16 Jul, 2014 09:12 am
Stop Everything And Play Sleepy Sloth Sprint!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshall/stop-everything-and-play-the-sleepy-sloth-sprint
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Wed 16 Jul, 2014 06:52 pm
Good grief! I wrote my last post in this thread in 2010. In the meantime, I had gotten a new computer, and completely forgot about Text Twist. I played it tonight, and it is as much fun as ever.
0 Replies

Redbird537

Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:38 am
@DrewDad,
I play mostly PC games, and I have a hard time finding an MMO that isn't too boring or too cliche. Tera Rising has a great combat system, lovely graphics, and some pretty amazing ideas. Tera is completely free, unless you want to buy anything from their premium store or get monthly perks. Unlike many other free to play MMOs, Tera is not a pay to win system. Everything you can buy from the store is strictly costume, pet, or mount related.
0 Replies

adriatomy

Wed 3 Sep, 2014 06:42 am
love to play JIN KOUZY taken 4, and Firefall
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 1 Apr, 2015 06:40 am
Stop Everything: You Can Play “Pac-Man” In Google Maps Right Now
http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/waka-waka?
0 Replies