Boston Celtics or LA Lakers?

Miller

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:01 am
What happened to the Celtics last night? Is it the pollution in LA or have the Celtics just plain run out of energy?

(Go Green!)

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:03 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

What happened to the Celtics last night? Is it the pollution in LA or have the Celtics just plain run out of energy?

(Go Green!)

The NBA is a fixed league, whose refs are corrupt. That's what happens every year, to make these things drag on.

Cycloptichorn
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
The reality is that's pure malarkey about the fixed nature.

However, I know where you're coming from with thinking that there's a possibility of games being fixed. The refereeing is clearly sub-par. Furthermore it becomes obviously more uneven when during game time they make bad calls and then have counter one bad call with another to even the disadvantage out.
djjd62

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:42 am
Go Knicks
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:51 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

The reality is that's pure malarkey about the fixed nature.

However, I know where you're coming from with thinking that there's a possibility of games being fixed. The refereeing is clearly sub-par. Furthermore it becomes obviously more uneven when during game time they make bad calls and then have counter one bad call with another to even the disadvantage out.

No, it's not malarkey. Read up on Tim Donaghy -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

The dude personally fixed dozens of games, including playoff games, and alleges that the league regularly fixes playoff and finals games in order to get the highest ratings possible.

There is no possible way that the NBA can considered at this point to be anything but 'sports entertainment' in the same way that Wrestling is.

Cycloptichorn
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 12:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

donaghy was proven to be a 'rogue', working on his own.
he has been eradicated, so one could assume the rest of the ref's are clean...
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 12:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
The NBA is a fixed league, whose refs are corrupt. That's what happens every year, to make these things drag on.

Quote:
Game 7s in the Finals are about as common as power dunks by Derek Fisher. This will be only the fifth one in the past 27 years, the last coming in 2005, when San Antonio defeated Detroit.
(espn.com)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 01:01 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

donaghy was proven to be a 'rogue', working on his own.
he has been eradicated, so one could assume the rest of the ref's are clean...

Proven? By who? The NBA?

C'mon. Read the excerpts from his book (which the NBA sued to stop from being published).

Cycloptichorn
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 01:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

he fixed NBA games.
can't get much lower than that.
no credibility...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 01:16 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

he fixed NBA games.
can't get much lower than that.
no credibility...

Oh, I don't know about that. You're saying that a crook can't be trusted to describe his fellow criminals?

I think we're running into a case of 'I don't want to believe the league is fixed' syndrome here.

Cycloptichorn
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 01:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

i'll believe it when i see evidence that other referees are in on it...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 06:27 am
Very sad...
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:54 pm
@Miller,

that an aging 50-32 team made it within 5 points of winning a championship is a pretty cool thing actually.

when ainge traded for garnett and allen, the team was given a 3-year window to win just one.

this loss is not nearly as devestating to me as the 18-1 patriots losing the super bowl was...
0 Replies